Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2010, 12:10 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixscorpiogirl View Post
Just because we as Americans have rights doesn't mean what we do is always right.
This pastor is just stirring up trouble with the Muslim people. It's bad enough we have people hating on illegal aliens from Mexico now they have to start on the Muslim population as well. This country sems to becoming more divided every day....
The Bible teaches love and tolerance, I don't know how a man of God (supposedly) could actually go through with such a plan. I'm pretty sure God wouldn't like this.
I think he needs his head examined.
Please go back and read some of this thread. Most of us have called the guy an Idiot and Moron but what we are discussing is his right to do what he's doing.

I disagree with his motive but agree that he has the right to speak his narrow minded bigoted mind.

People don't hate the people who come here from Mexico, they dislike people who come here and break ours laws then tell us we are wrong in having those laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 12:11 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Where is the muslim tolerance and respect for people?

oh I forgot, you dont' expect that from them and have double standards.
There is no double standard. We do expect Muslim tolerance and respect for people. And we understand that when you show tolerance and respect you often get it back and return. And when you show intolerance and disrespect, which you advocate, that you hardly ever get tolerance and respect in return.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:12 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,632,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You must be guilty also, Britain walked hand in hand with all the countries through Iraq until the very end.
Britain is as guilty as the USA in terms of Iraq.

I would think that this enforces the need to keep incitement to hatred in check.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Yes i am aware of the basic principles. Wonder how many American are successful in finding their pursuit of happiness,though.
There are still a mass of people coming here seeking that pursuit, so I guess we are over 350 million.

No one guaranteed anyone happiness, just the ability to pursue that happiness.

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Yes i am aware of the basic principles. Wonder how many American are successful in finding their pursuit of happiness,though.
The Constitution doesnt guarantee anyone will find happiness.
But we have the legal right to pursue it, which is so much more than many other countries allow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
And now for something completely positive. Let's here it for some real Christians. I'm serious.

A round of applause for Pastor Steven Stone who opened his heart, mind, and church to assist the muslims whose mosque is currently being built (next door to the church, no less!)

Cordova Christians put out welcome mat for mosque - USATODAY.com

In fact, this Pastor, a real man of Jesus and God, is even allowing muslims to use the church to hold their religious services.

A round of applause, a round of applause.
The pastor is a gob****e, Rita.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
The pastor is a gob****e, Rita.
You've shown your true colors.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You've shown your true colors.
As regards Rita? Or the pastor?

6,046 posts, read 5,956,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
Agreed.

There are some here who think that "two wrongs make a right........."

Quite shocking to read the generalised statements about Muslims doing this or Muslims doing that............

Bit like accusing of Roman Catholics of terrorism because Tim McVeigh happens to be Roman Catholic.
There was a man who believed in freedom and how the excesses of state were diminishing so said freedoms.
A poster boy for the hard right over there...i believe.

5,412 posts, read 4,240,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixscorpiogirl View Post
I have actually been close to many Muslims over the years from different countries-and they have plenty of respect for Christians and the USA....
Are you actually judging a whole group of people on the actions of the radical Muslim fundamentalists?
And by the way, the people that do kill in the" name of Islam" are anything but religious...they only use religion as a way to brainwash people and spread their whole terror ridden agenda. It's all about power, territories and greed. It has nothing to do with Islam, or normal moderate peace loving people that embrace it.
If you asked your average "moderate" muslims if blowing up Israeli cafes was an act of terrorism, what do you think they would say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies