Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2010, 06:35 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Not really, I have seen quite a few times in this forum that people see all or the majority of Muslims as radicals because a small percentage are indeed radicals. People aren't very shy about expressing their views as such.
We have seen Islamic state governments sponsor the stoning to death of their own people, slaughter non-Muslims citizens, sponsor terrorist acts that murder innocent civilians across the globe, and yet, the leaders of these governments have not been overthrown by their people. So what are we to make of these state theocracies and their religion?

Are you suggesting that an honest distrust of Muslims is a phobia?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 06:37 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
In Nazi Germany book burning was common as it always is in a country that has lost it's way. Now I see that America is following the Nazi path to self destruction.

Doing this will make America look like early Nazi Germany.........
US church to go ahead with Sept. 11 Quran burning

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – A Christian minister vowed Tuesday to go ahead with plans to burn copies of the Quran to protest the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks despite warnings from the White House and the top U.S. general in Afghanistan that he would endanger American troops overseas.

US church to go ahead with Sept. 11 Quran burning - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100907/ap_on_re_us/quran_burning - broken link)

I'm ashamed of America when I read crap like this.
Just be ashamed that these people call themselves Christians and are willing to endanger American lives. It is not the Government doing this, just haters

Old 09-07-2010, 06:38 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,240,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Just be ashamed that these people call themselves Christians and are willing to endanger American lives. It is not the Government doing this, just haters
So you're saying it would be rational for there to be violent reponse and americans to be killed a result of burning books? And the problem is with those who burn books??

Old 09-07-2010, 06:39 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
See, once again, you make excuses for muslims. Why can't you hold muslims reponsible for their actions and reactions?

If ISrael conducts some operation against arab terrorists, m uslims then target jews the whole world over, and you are silent. What does a JCC in Buenos Aires have to do with Israel? Nothing, but muslims target jews when they have problems with Israel.

Why not hold MUSLIMS up to the same standards you hold non muslims? Or do you think they are not capable of civilized behavior? And if so, does that make you a bigot?
I'm not making excuses for Muslims. How did you ever get that idea from my post? I'm saying we're suppose to be a better country than to stoop to such intolerant and bigoted actions as burning the holy books of another culture. We're suppose to be the light of the world, the country people want to come to because we've always have been an accepting melting pot. I'm sorry, but what would Jesus do? Would he advocate an action that is so divisive and full of hate as burning the Koran? If you answer 'yes' then you studied a different Bible than I did.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:40 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
burning a flag with islamic symbols on it?
what is the point of burning the Koran?
what is this complete idiot trying to achieve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
Well how about no one burns anything, a novel idea. Maybe you never thought of that.,
hey, I agree,
those who burn things aren't very bright.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
what is the point of burning the Koran?
what is this complete idiot trying to achieve?

hey, I agree,
those who burn things aren't very bright.
What is the point of the daily burn the US flag protests, or burning danish flags or the death threats against Dutch politicians?

What is the point of Ashura when shiite muslims cut their heads and deliberate make the blood flow while running around?

If you were cold, you'd think that "burning things is stupid"? Burning things isn't very bright? Do you realize how virtually all engines work, by burning things? YOu realize that i ndustrialization would never happened without burning things.

People who get stuck in cold environments and run out of sources of heat can burn pages of books so that they can LIVE. That's so stupid of them! B urning things is always stupid!

Old 09-07-2010, 06:43 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
I dont know if you can call them chrisitian but i dont think Jesus ever would have accepted it one thing is for shore this church that is going to burn the Koran are definitly setting a bad example for all those who are trying to follow Jesus principles.
My bible says to love thy neighbor.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:45 PM

Fact: The left and their opposition to this book burning expects there to be violence in response. Why not expect no violence instead? Do you think m uslims can react in a non violent way, or is it suddenly beyond their control and it will be our fault, their actions??

I guess next time there's a muslim terrorist attack in the west, non muslims won't be expected to control themselves, right? Or you have a double standard where you don't expect muslims to behave in a civilized manner? Maybe you should expect more from muslims?

Old 09-07-2010, 06:47 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,505,038 times
Muslims are being trolled by the Christians. Must be the work of those 4chan pedos.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:50 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
What is the point of the daily burn the US flag protests, or burning danish flags or the death threats against Dutch politicians?

What is the point of Ashura when shiite muslims cut their heads and deliberate make the blood flow while running around?

If you were cold, you'd think that "burning things is stupid"? Burning things isn't very bright? Do you realize how virtually all engines work, by burning things? YOu realize that i ndustrialization would never happened without burning things.

People who get stuck in cold environments and run out of sources of heat can burn pages of books so that they can LIVE. That's so stupid of them! B urning things is always stupid!

Nice try to twist my words.
Clearly in the context of this conversation I was relating to burning of flags and korans and bibles. So yeah, those people aren't too bright.

They probably burn the US flag due to the invasion of their country by US forces.

So what is he trying to achieve? Please don't answer with another question. I'd like an actual answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies