Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2010, 05:43 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
(responding to that I placed in bold)

If it is coming to the U.S, then it is coming from the Islamic country.

Christ is a teacher, not a converter. Those of Christ teach His message. If the people who hear the message & they choose to follow, they do so by choice.
Excellent, and so true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 05:49 AM

15,094 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aehussein View Post
Say whatever you wanna say about Muslims , they are ignorant and poor, fact, doesn't have anything to do with their system of belief though
Really? So you think the Saudis are poor? I mean ... this is the spiritual center of Islam, and I'm not seeing poor ... lot's of ignorance ... not much poor.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I'm not saying it's right. I'm just saying don't do something that you know will send people into a frenzy. I value my life so I don't waste it on doing stunts to prove a point, especially if proving a point could get you killed.
What was the statement .... "all that is required for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing" ?

Civilization is the rejection of uncivilized behavior ... not acceptance through passivity and silence.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:59 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
What was the statement .... "all that is required for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing" ?

Civilization is the rejection of uncivilized behavior ... not acceptance through passivity and silence.
To remain silent is to condone it.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:02 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
There are no passages that call for the killing of non-believers, there are passages that order the believers to respond similarly towards those who act violently towards them, expel them from their homes, force them out of their religion or any other form of transgression against them.I accept that in its entirety because it is FAIR. same like the Constitution when it calls all the citizens to rise in defense of their homeland against the enemies, in war, where people get killed. do you reject the constitution?

Do some research to examine the context.

Don't try to impose answers on me, because it is not going to work
Nice deflection! Yes, just what the two Muslim women warned of: that true Muslims will not reject the call to violence and killing of non-believers (kafir & infidels). Thank you for proving their arguement for them.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:51 AM

Quote:
There are no passages that call for the killing of non-believers, there are passages that order the believers to respond similarly towards those who act violently towards them, expel them from their homes, force them out of their religion or any other form of transgression against them.I accept that in its entirety because it is FAIR. same like the Constitution when it calls all the citizens to rise in defense of their homeland against the enemies, in war, where people get killed. do you reject the constitution?

Do some research to examine the context.

Don't try to impose answers on me, because it is not going to work
Now this is a damned lie ... an outright, blatant lie.

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Quran (9:5) - "So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them."

Quran (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Quran (9:30) - "And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!"

Quran (9:123) - "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness."

Quran (25:52) - "Therefore listen not to the Unbelievers, but strive against them with the utmost strenuousness..."

Quran (33:60-62) - "If the hypocrites, and those in whose hearts is a disease, and the alarmists in the city do not cease, We verily shall urge thee on against them, then they will be your neighbors in it but a little while. Accursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter."

Quran (48:29) - "Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves"

Quran (61:4) - "Surely Allah loves those who fight in His way"

Bukhari (52:177) - Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."

Bukhari (52:220) - Allah's Apostle said... 'I have been made victorious with terror'

Bukhari (8:387) - Allah's Apostle said, "I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah

Muslim (1:149) - "Abu Dharr reported: I said: Messenger of Allah, which of the deeds is the best? He (the Holy Prophet) replied: Belief in Allah and Jihad in His cause..."

Muslim (20:4645) - "...He (the Messenger of Allah) did that and said: There is another act which elevates the position of a man in Paradise to a grade one hundred (higher), and the elevation between one grade and the other is equal to the height of the heaven from the earth. He (Abu Sa'id) said: What is that act? He replied: Jihad in the way of Allah! Jihad in the way of Allah!"

Muslim (20:4696) - "the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: 'One who died but did not fight in the way of Allah nor did he express any desire (or determination) for Jihid died the death of a hypocrite.'"

--------------------------------------------------------------

I'll stop here because the point is sufficiently made ... but there are HUNDREDS of similar passages in the Quran and Hadith.

These are not the the words of any peaceful God or religion ... these are the maniacal musings of a marauding, blood thirsty murderer wholly unfit for the devotion offered by 1.2 Billion lost souls.

But hey .. this is the religion of peace? No. it's the religion of death, and apparently the religion of liars.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:57 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Untitled Document

The implications of the principle of Al-Takeyya

Unfortunately, when dealing with Muslims, one must keep in mind that Muslims can communicate something with apparent sincerity, when in reality they may have just the opposite agenda in their hearts. Bluntly stated, Islam permits Muslims to lie anytime that they perceive that their own well-being, or that of Islam, is threatened.

In the sphere of international politics, the question is: Can Muslim countries be trusted to keep their end of the agreements that they sign with non-Muslim nations? It is a known Islamic practice, that when Muslims are weak they can agree with most anything. Once they become strong, then they negate what they formerly vowed.
The principle of sanctioning lying for the cause of Islam bears grave implications in matters relating to the spread of the religion of Islam in the West. Muslim activists employ deceptive tactics in their attempts to polish Islam's image and make it more attractive to prospective converts. They carefully try to avoid, obscure, and omit mentioning any of the negative Islamic texts and teachings.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:34 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Excellent, and so true.
He slipped on his tongue. I raised children and when they were trying to 'pull one over' on me, I most often could catch it.

Besides not to hard to do when their intentions have arrived, long before they show up.

Thanks. SB

PS: reading the posts above of every one I can not rep...+ 1 to all those....I'm not the only one who can spot 'em. In that, there lays our Hope for our future.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 09-21-2010 at 01:36 PM.. Reason: ps

Old 09-21-2010, 01:43 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
That is the exact point of this discussion.
That uncivilized reaction to the artist expression should not be passively accepted.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:07 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyntexas View Post
now this is a damned lie ... An outright, blatant lie.

quran (8:12) - "i will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

quran (9:5) - "so when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them."

quran (9:29) - "fight those who believe not in allah nor the last day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by allah and his messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of truth, (even if they are) of the people of the book, until they pay the jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

quran (9:30) - "and the jews say: Ezra is the son of allah; and the christians say: The messiah is the son of allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may allah destroy them; how they are turned away!"

quran (9:123) - "o you who believe! Fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness."

quran (25:52) - "therefore listen not to the unbelievers, but strive against them with the utmost strenuousness..."

quran (33:60-62) - "if the hypocrites, and those in whose hearts is a disease, and the alarmists in the city do not cease, we verily shall urge thee on against them, then they will be your neighbors in it but a little while. Accursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter."

quran (48:29) - "muhammad is the messenger of allah. And those with him are hard against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves"

quran (61:4) - "surely allah loves those who fight in his way"

bukhari (52:177) - allah's apostle said, "the hour will not be established until you fight with the jews, and the stone behind which a jew will be hiding will say. "o muslim! There is a jew hiding behind me, so kill him."

bukhari (52:220) - allah's apostle said... 'i have been made victorious with terror'

bukhari (8:387) - allah's apostle said, "i have been ordered to fight the people till they say: 'none has the right to be worshipped but allah

muslim (1:149) - "abu dharr reported: I said: Messenger of allah, which of the deeds is the best? He (the holy prophet) replied: Belief in allah and jihad in his cause..."

muslim (20:4645) - "...he (the messenger of allah) did that and said: There is another act which elevates the position of a man in paradise to a grade one hundred (higher), and the elevation between one grade and the other is equal to the height of the heaven from the earth. He (abu sa'id) said: What is that act? He replied: Jihad in the way of allah! Jihad in the way of allah!"

muslim (20:4696) - "the messenger of allah (may peace be upon him) said: 'one who died but did not fight in the way of allah nor did he express any desire (or determination) for jihid died the death of a hypocrite.'"

--------------------------------------------------------------

i'll stop here because the point is sufficiently made ... But there are hundreds of similar passages in the quran and hadith.

These are not the the words of any peaceful god or religion ... These are the maniacal musings of a marauding, blood thirsty murderer wholly unfit for the devotion offered by 1.2 billion lost souls.

But hey .. This is the religion of peace? No. It's the religion of death, and apparently the religion of liars.
awesome post guy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies