Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are more people having an issue with interracial relationships?
Yes 17 25.00%
No 51 75.00%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 08:45 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
I find it annoying to see white guys with asian girls. It's not so much a racist thing as ... why is it so common? I am just annoyed because it makes my own white-on-asian interracial marriage less special, ha ha. I feel so trendy. I wonder if any other white-asian couples feel that way. Probably not and it's just me being lame.

I also hate other stereotypes such as "mixed babies are always cute". I think it is because people glorify/romanticize interracial relationships that I actually grew to despise them (in principle) despite the fact that I am also guilty of having one.

A lot of guys (not just White) have a "fetish" for Asian women based on stereotypes.

I have a gorgeous Asian friend who refuses to date White men, ever. Then I also have Asian friends who only date non-Asian men. With some of them I have observed that they do play into the stereotypes when it comes to interacting with their non-Asian boyfriends. Also, when in the company of some of my White friends, I have experienced on numerous occasions the annoyance that some White women have over Asian women chasing after "their" men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 04:04 PM

42 posts, read 69,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
it doesn't annoy me but i have wondered the same. i know a lot of white male-asian female couples.
Its an easy answer

-Asians are minority in america(only 5%)
-Asian women dont discriminate against white men but do discriminate black and "hispanic" men
-Interracial marriages between asian-white have slown down because of immigration.

FOXNews.com - Growth of interracial marriage slows as more US Hispanics, Asians seek to pair with immigrants

An economist solves the mysteries of dating. - By Ray Fisman - Slate Magazine (http://www.slate.com/id/2177637/nav/tap3/ - broken link)

I think overral is mainly because asians are a minority and they can hardly find potential partners of their same race,Im minority too(native american) so i can understand abit of how rare is to find some1 of ur race and harder to fall in love xD

Old 09-19-2010, 04:11 PM

785 posts, read 619,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
I find it annoying to see white guys with asian girls. It's not so much a racist thing as ... why is it so common? I am just annoyed because it makes my own white-on-asian interracial marriage less special, ha ha. I feel so trendy. I wonder if any other white-asian couples feel that way. Probably not and it's just me being lame.

I also hate other stereotypes such as "mixed babies are always cute". I think it is because people glorify/romanticize interracial relationships that I actually grew to despise them (in principle) despite the fact that I am also guilty of having one.
Why does it annoy you? I think you need to get in touch with your racist feelings to work it out. Also,how is it any of your business?

I am one of those white guys that has been with Asian women long term relationship with a Thai woman). Go ahead...ask me if I have an Asian fetish. If your next liberal racist answer is to prejudge me by havng an "Asian fetish", keep it mind, you are logically then saying that you feel I couldn't genuinely find attractive the INDIVIDUAL woman I was with.

Go ahead...make some more racist liberal excuses.

Old 09-19-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
A lot of guys (not just White) have a "fetish" for Asian women based on stereotypes.

I have a gorgeous Asian friend who refuses to date White men, ever. Then I also have Asian friends who only date non-Asian men. With some of them I have observed that they do play into the stereotypes when it comes to interacting with their non-Asian boyfriends. Also, when in the company of some of my White friends, I have experienced on numerous occasions the annoyance that some White women have over Asian women chasing after "their" men.
I had white women say that to me, because I was wiht an Asian woman. How sad.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:00 AM

640 posts, read 1,731,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cut3 View Post
-Asian women dont discriminate against white men but do discriminate black and "hispanic" men
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth
If your next liberal racist answer is to prejudge me by havng an "Asian fetish", keep it mind, you are logically then saying that you feel I couldn't genuinely find attractive the INDIVIDUAL woman I was with.

I'm sorry. Just WHO are the real racists here?

Old 09-20-2010, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hideandseekforever View Post
I'm sorry. Just WHO are the real racists here?
thats my point.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:35 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cut3 View Post
Its an easy answer

-Asians are minority in america(only 5%)
I don't see Asian women discriminating against black and Hispanic men at all.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:35 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,309,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I don't see Asian women discriminating against black and Hispanic men at all.
Some do... and some discriminate against whites. Not in the sense that they find them inferior, but they just can't muster up an ounce of attraction towards any other race. You can't do anything about that. Some Asians will refuse to date another Asian not from their country. And some white people who would date Chinese or Japanese, but not Southeast Asians... the list goes on and on. It's discriminating ... but not enough to qualify as racist in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
Why does it annoy you? I think you need to get in touch with your racist feelings to work it out. Also,how is it any of your business?

I am one of those white guys that has been with Asian women long term relationship with a Thai woman). Go ahead...ask me if I have an Asian fetish. If your next liberal racist answer is to prejudge me by havng an "Asian fetish", keep it mind, you are logically then saying that you feel I couldn't genuinely find attractive the INDIVIDUAL woman I was with.

Get over yourself. What does "racist liberal" have anything to do with my candid admission that I feel "annoyed" to see so many white-Asian couples? That's my personal sentiment. Obviously I am an Asian woman married to a white guy, and I had admitted (in my original post) that I am being hypocritical for the lame reason that it makes me feel like I am being "trendy". Also, I do realize that it is none of my business who other people date. This is common sense, yet for the purposes of discussion I am responding candidly to the OP's question. I don't need for people to twist my words and calling me "racist". I also never said anything about anyone having an Asian fetish, so I don't know why you are getting so defensive. LOL.

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder about Asian fetishes, so you must feel pretty self conscious about it. Haha... There are tons of white people who have had long-term relationships with multiple Asians, including my husband. Does he have an Asian fetish? He might have a preference for thinner body frames... I don't think he has a special fetish for Asian people, nor the stereotypical "submissive small asian" types.

However, that doesn't mean that white guys don't have Asian fetishes. Some do... and some admit as much... and that is none of my business nor do I judge them for it. When amongst friends we poke fun at it in a friendly way. Even the guy who admits he has yellow fever finds it funny and pokes fun at himself. He will still come to us to set him up with our Asian friends. From what you are saying, might you have a problem with people with Asian fetishes since you seem to think there are negative connotations?

I'm just annoyed that at least half of the couples I see in public places are white male-asian female because it is just so stereotypical for our area. The couple themselves don't bother me, it is just the fact of seeing so many. When I see white female - Asian male, or Asian female - black/hispanic/indian male, I do a little celebratory dance in my head...

Last edited by miyu; 09-20-2010 at 03:09 PM..

Old 09-20-2010, 03:44 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
The elephant in the room is that racism is far more prevalent among minority groups; they have a bigger problem with dating outside their race than white people do.
Its not a minority versus majority issue, it is a conservative issue. The behavior of the people you speak of isn't out of them being a minority because the attitude is maintained even when they are a part of the majority, largely due to conservative views.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:01 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,309,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
No, actually,I don't. But if thats what you need to justify yourself,then fine. Oh,by the way, your statement could have been read as being racist against whites. Did you think of that?
Well, if Mr. Hypersensitivity is doing the "reading" of my statement, then I guess anything could be misconstrued as racist.

Did I mention how much I can't stand my white husband who has yellow fever? He sure has horrible taste in women... wonder why he picked a racist to marry?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies