Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 10:20 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
...jut long enough to sucker the rubes into voting for him in the primary.

Ah yes, Ken Buck (R, naturally) candidate for the Senate from Colorado shows his true colors. With tea party backing he campaigned on such stands as;

"I'll NEVER vote for ANY person, for ANY job in the federal government who is pro-choice". Yep, that went away yesterday in a quiet "repositioning" on his website.

"I'll INTRODUCE a constitutional amendment to ban ALL abortions, for any reasons including RAPE and INCEST or to save the life of the mother". That has been replaced with, I "might" vote for a Constitutional amendment to ban "most" abortions.

"I'm all for the 'personhood' amendment". (For those of you who don't know this is a referendum for a state amendment granting "personhood" from the moment of conception). This was defeated 3:1 in 2008 but the whack jobs in Colorado Springs and elsewhere are trying it again. You guessed it, his new position is "I hadn't studied it thoroughly enougn, now I'm not sure".

So, the tea party darling has discovered that people carrying "Obama is Hitler" signs and cheering him on when he took whacky positions may not be enough to carry the day with people who aren't complete morons.

I'm sure our tea party posters on here will be by shortly to blame Obama and the Democrats for this LYING SACK OF SHE EYET and everything he stands for.

Not sure what his position is on masturbation and witchcraft. He's waiting to see how those issues poll in Delaware.

He can't lose something that he never had. Par for course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 10:46 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,849,962 times
Quote:
A TP candidate clarifies his position on abortion and you get mad.
Mad? You're dreaming, I'm just pointing out that this is another case of a tea partier having NO principles. Going from his first statement to his latest is NOT "clarifying", it's a complete reversal.

To the above poster who made the idiotic statement about "changing when new information became available". Don't make me laugh. There is no "new" information. Only a different set of VOTERS, ie; statewide, clear thinking people as opposed to the yahoos who showed up at most of his rallies to cheer him when he SHOUTED "I'm an EXTREMIST" over and over.

As I said, no principles whatever.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:48 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Let me get this straight. A TP candidate clarifies his position on abortion and you get mad. But Obama can lie through his teeth on things like transparency and public review of bills and you stay quiet. Remember these numbers 19, 30, 36??? pffft
LMAO the extreme on left are running scared with their false drama. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!
What do you love? Certainly not your country "Loveshiscountry". People stayed quiet when it was obvious we tortured people, the military experimented on US citizens, and when we were encouraged to spy on each other. Bush's supporters "overlooked" his mistakes (crimes) and now Obama supporters are still in denial, their hopes dashed. But all you can do is accuse people you apparently don't like of being scared, and then admitting that you LOVE it. So what exactly do you love: failure? destruction? other people's hopelessness? That is not the action and those are not the words of a person who loves his country.

The Tea Party candidates have proven themselves to be unprincipled liars. Yes, most of our government officials are liars. But the Tea Partiers are so bad at it, they MUST be stupid. If this is all our collective outrage can muster, if these are the candidates we put on ballots, we are an impotent nation.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:04 AM

948 posts, read 1,386,266 times
Quote:

Ah yes, Ken Buck (R, naturally) candidate for the Senate from Colorado shows his true colors. With tea party backing he campaigned on such stands as;

"I'll NEVER vote for ANY person, for ANY job in the federal government who is pro-choice". Yep, that went away yesterday in a quiet "repositioning" on his website.

"I'll INTRODUCE a constitutional amendment to ban ALL abortions, for any reasons including RAPE and INCEST or to save the life of the mother". That has been replaced with, I "might" vote for a Constitutional amendment to ban "most" abortions.

"I'm all for the 'personhood' amendment". (For those of you who don't know this is a referendum for a state amendment granting "personhood" from the moment of conception). This was defeated 3:1 in 2008 but the whack jobs in Colorado Springs and elsewhere are trying it again. You guessed it, his new position is "I hadn't studied it thoroughly enougn, now I'm not sure".

So, the tea party darling has discovered that people carrying "Obama is Hitler" signs and cheering him on when he took whacky positions may not be enough to carry the day with people who aren't complete morons.

I'm sure our tea party posters on here will be by shortly to blame Obama and the Democrats for this LYING SACK OF SHE EYET and everything he stands for.

Not sure what his position is on masturbation and witchcraft. He's waiting to see how those issues poll in Delaware.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Any links????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Another one who asks to do their homework for them.

I do my homework but I also know that when you make a statement to the general public and you quote someone else's statement you reference your quotes. The reason you do this is to show that your statements and facts have a foundation.

Ill show you why.
I googled the quotes "I'll NEVER vote for ANY person, for ANY job in the federal government who is pro-choice", And
"I'll INTRODUCE a constitutional amendment to ban ALL abortions, for any reasons including RAPE and INCEST or to save the life of the mother".

Both times the only reference to the quotes came back here. There is no other reference to the quotes except the by the OP and this thread.
So I will ask where did the information came from.

I am sorry the images are so large. I could not resize them

I would say that until the quotations can be confirmed that the OP is only making random statement in order to reach the lazy voters that will take the statement as golden with out research.
I will retract that statement when/if someone can show the origin of the quotes

Last edited by Dewmik; 09-19-2010 at 11:15 AM..

Old 09-19-2010, 11:05 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,448,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I find it interesting (and sad) that someone isn't allowed to change their position on something, lest they be called a "flip-flopper" or pandering, etc. Yet, if they remain firm, they're "ignoring new information," "afraid of change," etc.
That's an excellent point, and I agree ... with the following exceptions:

1. Changes that don't seem to make any sense. These would be beliefs that are generally so deeply held that one couldn't help but wonder how a person could change their mind about it; for example, going from believing in God to not believing.

2. Changes that are obviously (and that's obvious to everyone) motivated by personal gain. In the political context, this would be a change in something - a belief, a long-held position, a voting record - solely for political gain. A contemporary example would be to look at the positions/statements/votes of John McCain in 2010, and compare them to almost any other year.

3. Changes that are repetitious, as if the person changes their mind seemingly at will, depending on political climate/specific audience/degree of difficulty in raising money/etc. There are all too many examples.

I believe that people change and their opinions change. This is just as true for politicians as for the rest of us. It's a natural progression. But I believe that true change happens for politicians, not for political gain, but despite potential political loss.

I'd like to think that our elected officials can - and should - change their positions when new and valid information comes to light, or when the country clearly signals that a change is necessary. As long as the reasons for the change are easily understood, I have no problem voting for a politician who has changed their views on a specific issue. But if a person has said the same thing and voted the same way on an issue for 20 years and suddenly does a 180, they better clearly explain why.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:12 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,849,962 times
dewmilk wrote;
Quote:
I do my homework but I also know that when you make a statement to the general public and you quote someone else's statement you reference your quotes.
Yeah, right, and when FoxNews takes and artfully edits an Obama speech they tell you "this is an Obama quote". Except it's not.

Did you try to "google" the name Ken Buck along with "flip flop"?

The problem with providing links to you and the rest of the right wing is this; it's only the (so-called liberal) media that will point out the hypocrisy of these lying sacks of she eyet. So, if I post a link to a huffpo piece that cites the dates of when his website had "X" on it, and when it changed to say "Y", you will come back with "oh, a liberal blogger, BFD".

My suggestion is, if you don't believe me is to go to the Denver Post dot com website and research what Buck was saying in June, July and August when he was railing against Norton in the primary race. Then check and see what he is saying today. The short version can be found in today's (Sept 19) print edition.

BTW, are you a Colorado voter? An interested outsider who is genuinely interested in finding out if tea partiers are flip floppers? Or just a troll trying to argue a point without knowing what you're talking about?

Old 09-19-2010, 12:17 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:

Have a link?

Old 09-19-2010, 12:24 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
You're dreaming.

I find it interesting (and sad) that someone isn't allowed to change their position on something, lest they be called a "flip-flopper" or pandering, etc. Yet, if they remain firm, they're "ignoring new information," "afraid of change," etc.

I'm so glad that I'm not a politician.
Polls have consistently shown that people dislike Republicans in Congress more than Democrats for over a year now. It's about 72% who disapprove of the Republicans currently-which is significant. Anybody who thinks that it's going to be a cakewalk for them in November is deluding themselves. America simply doesn't like them, and rightfully so.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:27 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewmik View Post
I will retract that statement when/if someone can show the origin of the quotes
Funny, I found it in one second. Not only that, but a video stating his position on abortion.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:38 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Funny, I found it in one second. Not only that, but a video stating his position on abortion.

Care to share your unique Google searching abilities by providing the link?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies