Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 11:57 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
The TEA party is all about policy, and Powell just laid some of them our there, stop all the insane spending spending, stop all the big nanny state government take-overs and adhere to the Constitution.

Does he even listen to what he says?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 11:59 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The TEA party is all about policy, and Powell just laid some of them our there, stop all the insane spending spending, stop all the big nanny state government take-overs and adhere to the Constitution.

Does he even listen to what he says?
He has eaten up the liberal media tripe of the left rather than actually doing some investigation into the Tea Party and Conservative platforms; which, IMO, again proves he is anything but conservative or he would already know this.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:03 PM

296 posts, read 228,689 times
Funny thing,that RINO Powell with his 100m fortune from speaking ,thinks he has any credibility left...

Old 09-19-2010, 12:10 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
The mistress of spin...........It's not that Powell doesn't believe in fiscal responsibility, the question is what are the tea party's solutions to achieving fiscal responsibility? That's the question he poses.
The TEA party is not one group of people, its a loose collection of hundreds of small, individual groups of people.

People like Powell are trying to force some sort of national TEA Party figurehead to come out with a party platform, and its not going to happen. I don't see him demanding a list of cogent political policies from the moderates.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:11 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Powell bascailly is in no man's land politcally and has been for some time.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:23 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Powell is a RINO. The "party" didn't betray Powell but every RINO betrays the conservatism that is the foundation of the GOP. I respect his military service but ret. General Powell is anything but conservative in his politics.
Republicans: Please kick Powell out of your party. Democrats will be happy to have him.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:25 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times
Funny how from 2001-2008 the "right" constantly scolded the "left" for "not supporting our troops".

But when one of the most decorated of those troops ( Colin Powell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) tries to interject some rationality into an extremist movement he is spat upon.

For shame, Tea Party, for shame.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:29 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,047,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewmik View Post
I am a Tea Party member and I wholeheartedly agree with Col. Powell's statement. Although I disagree with President Obama's policy's and social agenda at this point or at any point it makes no sense to question his nationality. I will not question his patriotism. I think that he is a patriot and I would not say other wise. The man clearly loves this country.

Powell is saying to debate the things that need debating. We need to debate policies that are taking our country forward. If we waste our time attacking or defending an issue that is not productive we are only supporting rhetoric. The world is in so much trouble that it dose not need it's leading fiscal and diplomatic leader to get sidetracked away from what really matters.

I will point out that if McCain had won in '08 it would be irrational leftest that were questioning his citizen ship as they did in the primary referring to his being birthed on a military base in Panama. Many of the people that resort to this type of attack usually don't reason out their own rationalizations, or use it for media propaganda and ratings
In either case it is a huge waste of time and resources.
Excellent post.

Hateful rhetoric that only serves to alienate and demonize people is not going to solve any of the nations' problems.

It'll just aggravate them.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:37 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,666,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
Excellent post.

Hateful rhetoric that only serves to alienate and demonize people is not going to solve any of the nations' problems.

It'll just aggravate them.
I thought so too. Puts the whole political ball of wax in perspective. For all sides of the issue.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:39 PM

948 posts, read 1,386,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wenge2ful View Post
Funny thing,that RINO Powell with his 100m fortune from speaking ,thinks he has any credibility left...
He has tons of credibility even if not to you. I will point out that he left President Bush's administration not because of of the invasion of Iraq. His disagreements were with the administration commit to solder safety. Specificly referring to the ACH Advanced Combat Helmet, (witch I hate to say then Sen H. Clinton was a leading proponent of), Tank and APC Armor addons to protect solders in transport, and eye and face protection. (please reference the links at the bottom).
Since leaving his position as Secretary of state he has continued lobbing for better safety equipment for soldiers. He has been a major voice in politics and political appointees. He was considered by John McCain as a running mate prior to endorsing President Obama. Since he has changed his approval expressing concern over the growing the size of the federal government and the size of the federal budget deficit.

Armaholic.com - Improved Tank/APC Armor updated
Advanced Combat Helmet ( ACH )
Army's new protective/combat eyewear. - Free Online Library
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies