Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 07:11 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLWd9...layer_embedded
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 09:40 PM

138 posts, read 196,007 times
Colin Powell is a racist who stabbed the GOP in the back, when he endorsed Obama.

If Obama wasn't black Powell wouldn't have done that.

Period.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:42 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
powell is not a republican, he is at best a moderate or a neo-con. neither of which I believe is a republican/conservative.

he should just drop his republican status and just sign up for the obama express train to hell.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:59 PM

138 posts, read 196,007 times
Powell sure wasn't "critiquing" the GOP when he was the recipient of their affirmative action going back to Gulf War 1.

More than a few more qualified Generals were passed over because they were White, and the GOP wanted to play the diversity game.

Playing the diversity game has done nothing for the GOP as even the LaRaza racists that John McAmnesty sucked up to stabbed him in the back too.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:03 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Lightbulb misconceptions = miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagKm View Post
Colin Powell is a racist who stabbed the GOP in the back, when he endorsed Obama.

Period.

I like you.

You're funny!

Old 12-16-2008, 06:05 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,220,171 times
Powell is playing politics. Personally, I believe that by endorsing Obama (he waited until it was obvious that Obama was going to be elected), he was doing nothing more than campaigning for a significant role in the Obama campaign. Had McCain had a 10 point lead in the polls, immediately before election, I think Powell would have endorsed him.

And this saddens me, because I thought Powell was a bigger man than that.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:43 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times
Quote:
Originally posted by Magkm

Period.
Nice way to talk about a four star general...I guess conservatives are only pro-military when those same guys only vote Republican. aside from that they're worth all the trash talk they get eh?

I'll agree that he isn't really a Republican in the modern sense of the word, but to call him a racist is way below the belt. Besides, if he endorsed McCain nobody would be complaining about affirmative action, his abortion stances or his moderate/liberal views. He'd be seen as a great american and all the rest would be ignored. But now that he went for a Democrat, it's okay to tear him down...very classy....

Old 12-16-2008, 08:15 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
I am confused as to how Powell sees his role. Is he posing as a moderate Republican in hopes of gaining some sort of power when the GOP searches for a viable candidate for the Senate or Presidency? Or is he angling for a job in the Obama administration? From what I can tell of his seemingly insatiable desire to pontificate on affairs in general, without ever having been elected to any office or serving in any role other than CJCS while his field commanders directed an overwhelmingly superior military force against a pathetically overmatched opponent, Powell seems motivated by little more than egotism and his own splendid self-image.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:21 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagKm View Post

Period.
The GOP had so many self-inflicted stab wounds that even if he wanted to stab them, he wouldn't have been able to find a place to stab.

I think the racist has been identified though

Old 12-16-2008, 08:33 AM

147 posts, read 91,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Nice way to talk about a four star general...I guess conservatives are only pro-military when those same guys only vote Republican. aside from that they're worth all the trash talk they get eh?

I'll agree that he isn't really a Republican in the modern sense of the word, but to call him a racist is way below the belt. Besides, if he endorsed McCain nobody would be complaining about affirmative action, his abortion stances or his moderate/liberal views. He'd be seen as a great american and all the rest would be ignored. But now that he went for a Democrat, it's okay to tear him down...very classy....
This thread is about Colin Powell and his rejection of the GOP (who supported him and enabled him throughout his career). It has nothing to do with the military or Powell's role. Nice strawman argument.

I would say that if the tables were turned, and Powell did the same thing to the Democrat Party, they'd be complaining.

I recall how hateful the Left was to Joe Leiberman for stabbing them in the back too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies