Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 11:28 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,101,854 times

Advertisements

I know you all get your same talking points from MoveOn, I mean, you all even use the same exact verbiage, you could be a little more subtle, but anyway:

What is so extreme about

Following the constitution
Smaller debt
Less taxes
Less gov in our life

I'd like specifics, not "O'Donnell believes that masturbation is wrong", many people of all political persuasions do and it's not something that can be legislated anyway, so lets rule that one out. I want to know specifically what is "extreme" about our beliefs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 11:35 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
1) "Leftists"
2) "Talking points" from MoveOn
3) Use of "I know"
4) Tea Party defense

Clearly, when one finds themselves at the far end of the political spectrum, it can get a little lonely at times.

Hence, the reason the Tea Party was formed.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:39 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
I'm not a leftist, but I am left handed

There's nothing extreme about the tea party. Nor
original about them either. Just the evangelical right wing
base of the Republican Party that is pissed they lost the
last election. They should all just join the Constitution
Party and be done with it Amen

Constitution Party National Political Headquarters

The real tea party of 2007 was hijacked by the likes of Palin, Armey, O'Connell, Rubio, or any other flake they now have
on their ticket. I'll give Rand a pass - only cause I like his
father so much

Old 09-20-2010, 11:46 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,597,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post

What is so extreme about

Smaller debt
Less taxes
Less gov in our life

Tea Party seems to not comprehend Constitutional process of a bill to law. It's because "I say so" rhetoric instead, which is NOT "following" the Constitution at all!

Smaller debt can never be achieved with no taxes, do the math.

Less taxes can only be achieved by three things:
1) No deficit
2) Laws of Congress
3) death

Less govt. in our lives means less "We the people" , less representation, less or no Constitution.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:48 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I know you all get your same talking points from MoveOn, I mean, you all even use the same exact verbiage, you could be a little more subtle, but anyway:

What is so extreme about

Smaller debt
Less taxes
Less gov in our life

I'd like specifics, not "O'Donnell believes that masturbation is wrong", many people of all political persuasions do and it's not something that can be legislated anyway, so lets rule that one out. I want to know specifically what is "extreme" about our beliefs?
The question has an answer that can be summarized into a single word: Stupidity.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:49 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Tea Party seems to not comprehend Constitutional process of a bill to law. It's because "I say so" rhetoric instead, which is NOT "following" the Constitution at all!

1) No deficit
2) Laws of Congress
3) death

Less govt. in our lives means less "We the people" , less representation, less or no Constitution.
Where did you go to school? The Soviet Union? Whoever taught you what you know about this country should be fired. You are demonstrating that you have no clue whatsoever about this country, it's ideals and how the government is SUPPOSED to work.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:50 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,101,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post

1) No deficit
2) Laws of Congress
3) death

Who's advocating "no taxes"? I honestly don't understand your last statement; I believe that you know what's best for you more than some huge apparatus known as the "government", do you disagree with that? Lastly, I didn't see anything "extreme" about what you wrote.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:50 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,996,400 times
Good luck getting an intelligent answer. As far as I can tell most of them just regurgitate what they've been taught to believe by the liberal media like MSNBC/Maddow/Olbermann but they won't have any facts to back up their own media-incepted opinions, and then they'll get angry about their lack of intellectual prowess and start calling you names, or ridiculing you to try to dismiss your questions.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:53 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The question has an answer that can be summarized into a single word: Stupidity.
Yeah, like trying something that has failed for centuries is a smart thing to do. Stupidity is this administration's middle name. They are putting us on a path of failed economic principles proven to fail for centuries. That is the very definition of STUPIDITY!

Old 09-20-2010, 11:55 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,849,062 times
Have yet to see a single thing that makes them extremist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies