Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2010, 01:42 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,597,243 times

Advertisements

Actually..what is the Tea Party..is everyone who disagrees with Obama a member?? I was in Washington on 9/12/09 and I am a registered inde, not an evangelical..in fact haven't been to church in years...don't read the Bible...not a Tea Party member as far as I know..Tea Party is just a label..people keep going back to taxes..and for me it has much less to do with high taxes..much more to do with crooked politicians and ideologues..runaway spending...Constitution...and government wanting to control my life..incumbents are dead..they might as well pack their bags..no matter what the press says..or the left...they are done...I know some lifelong Dems who tell me as long as someone has an R next to their name..that's who they are voting for...they know the deal...the party is infected by progressives..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

12,200 posts, read 18,390,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
What about the tea party makes you feel that they are saying we are better then you.

No I am not making any excuse just stating that is how many feels about the left. Its not just me
If you read my comment then I'm not sure why you're having a hard time understanding why I said that.

I used the OP as an example.

9,984 posts, read 10,404,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
That's all you've got? Sorry, but that's a major failure on your part, and you're living up to the prediction I made in my last post.

That "article" (post on a left-wing blog) names one name, with no citation or even a quote from the candidate. I attended the Searchlight rally some months before the primary, where Sharron Angle spoke, and she didn't mention anything about it there. In fact, nobody did, the blog you linked to is the first time I've heard anything about the allegation against Angle.

The "article" you linked to may have mentioned Angle and the Tea Party movement, but it's obvious focus was on the legality of income tax, which I'm not disputing.

By the way, I wanted and expected Sue Lowden to get the nomination, not Angle. Generally speaking, Angle better represents my views on most political topics, but Lowden would have been a shoe-in, and this election season, my only priority as a Nevada voter is to get Reid out of office. Lowden getting the nomination would have sealed his fate, and he could have saved his record-setting campaign fund by just dropping out of the race. Instead, the Republicans (of which I am not one) chose Angle. An interesting selection, but not one I would have made this year.
That's all well and good, but do you have any problems with the assertions made?

Is this better? (see paragraph 6)
Senate candidate Sharron Angle left GOP in Reagan years - Tuesday, June 15, 2010 | 10:59 p.m. - Las Vegas Sun

Old 09-20-2010, 01:53 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,598,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
But you fail to realize that the bigger the government apparatus, the more of their agenda and pocket lining takes precedence, and the less of your interests.
thus the need for an amendment to overrule Citizens vs FEC , and ending special interest campaign contributions once and for all

Old 09-20-2010, 01:54 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,014,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
And so were many of her comments. If you dish it out, you better be ready to take it. Why ask a question, an "honest question" at that and get angry at the answers to the point of personal insults? Wheter OP likes it or not, there will still be people who see the Tea Party as a fringe group. I answered, I expressed my opinion, which I am entitled to and she called it drivel. Apparently, she wasn't looking for an answer, just another reason to bash liberals.

Oh and it is not just liberals that see the Tea Party as a fringe group. Many conservatives feel the same.
Regardless of that two wrongs don't make a right. There is no excuse for dragging someone's family into a political argument.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:57 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,952,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Regardless of that two wrongs don't make a right. There is no excuse for dragging someone's family into a political argument.

True but there is no need to insult people in the firsrt place. If you are going to point out one wrong, you should point them all out, not take sides based on your political views. It is no better coming from a conservative than it is from a liberal. She asked why people liberals see the Tea Party as extreme, I answered her "honest question" honestly and she inslutled me. If you can't stand the heat, stay out the kitchen.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:59 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,415,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Tea Party seems to not comprehend Constitutional process of a bill to law. It's because "I say so" rhetoric instead, which is NOT "following" the Constitution at all!

Smaller debt can never be achieved with no taxes, do the math.

Less taxes can only be achieved by three things:
1) No deficit
2) Laws of Congress
3) death

Less govt. in our lives means less "We the people" , less representation, less or no Constitution.

OK.

revenue - spending = deficit/surplus

Increasing revenue reduces the deficit.

Revenue is increased when the economy expands...nuf said about that.

Cutting spending reduces the deficit.

Lots of people are talking about across the board spending cuts. Seems like a reasonable approach.

I would like to see our corporate tax rates decreased since this would spur economic expansion faster than anything else. Besides, you can't "stimulate" a fundamentally flawed (over taxed)economy. The one-two punch of increased revenue combined with across the board spending cuts would effectively drive down deficits.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:01 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,014,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
True but there is no need to insult people in the firsrt place. If you are going to point out one wrong, you should point them all out, not take sides based on your political views. It is no better coming from a conservative than it is from a liberal. She asked why people liberals see the Tea Party as extreme, I answered her "honest question" honestly and she inslutled me. If you can't stand the heat, stay out the kitchen.
No disagreement here that there is no need for insults.

I'm not taking sides based on my political views. As I stated earlier dragging someone's family into a political argument is in my opinion unacceptable.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:14 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,232,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
So.....because the message isn't clear enough for you, that equates to "extremism"; seriously? Using your logic, everytime Obama goes off teleprompter I can hardly understand a thing he says, so he too must be extreme. Surely you can do better than that.

No, Sophiasmommy,

Here is the constitution.
The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Again, which part is it that is your problem?

Old 09-20-2010, 02:43 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,145,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Yeah tea party members are just a bunch of dummies that cant figure out how much is taken out of their check and how much they pay in other taxes.

Its also about the new taxes coming.

Also lets not pretend that Bush had this really high approval rating.

Obama is talking about making changes to soc sec also. It's going to have to be dealt with. What do you wish us do pretend its all good and that it will be around forever.

So you think its extreme thinking that people should be responsible for their life? How is that extreme? I never thought I'd see the day that people think being responsible for your life is extreme. Holy Cow

Would you like to live in a communist country?
You avoided all my points to spout typical Righty nonsense. I just hope everyone you love makes $100K plus AND doesn't get unlucky with their health or safety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies