Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 02:15 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Bull-hockey! Every instructor I had said that young people should not engage in sex because they weren't responsible enough to deal with the consequences. I just don't think you were paying attention.
He was probably too busy ogling the pencil sketched breasts in his sex ed book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 02:19 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
He was probably too busy ogling the pencil sketched breasts in his sex ed book.
I think little boys hear what they want to hear quite a lot. This is evidence of it. Inferring that sex ed is permission to have sex. Funny that most people don't infer any such thing.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:21 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,240,714 times
I'm sorry, but were you guys in my sex ed class at Redland middle school? If not, then shut up, because you don't know what you're talking about. i was there.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:23 PM

898 posts, read 1,402,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycwind View Post
You think that will work? Or you can try the taliban tactic of stoning adulterers. Betamanlet...I expected better from you than liberal bashing.
Or just something simple as keeping an eye on your kids and their whereabouts, punishing them when they misbehave, and knowing their friends. Stuff that used to be known as parenting.

At twelve years old, I never once thought I could get away with something as serious as having sex. In fact, the thought never even crossed my mind. Guess my parents cared about me or something, they didn't let me get away with anything when I was a kid.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
I'm sorry, but were you guys in my sex ed class at Redland middle school? If not, then shut up, because you don't know what you're talking about. i was there.
We pretty much all attended sex education classes; your experience doesn't trump everyone else's. Sex education classes were never about giving kids permission to have sex. Only the most twisted would infer that they were.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:30 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,844,527 times
Quote:
Back what up?

The only sex ed a 12 year old should get is "you are to young to have sex, sex is unnaceptable for someone of your age"
There used to be a stigma attached to teenaged and out-of-wedlock pregnancy. The liberal mindset decided that we needed to embrace these poor things and not make them feel bad about the situation they were in.

Now, teenagers and out-of-wedlock pregnant women know that they will be embraced and not made to feel bad. They will actually be rewarded!

I'd call that a fail!

Old 09-23-2010, 02:33 PM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
This thread is perfect example of why I cannot stand Liberals. In addition to having no morals or upstanding values, they have no class! Their blatant objection to traditional family values in which this country was founded just disgust me to no end. Everytime they are in control of office, they destroy America even more. They lack discipline, lack values, lack education, and most of all lack the ability to foresee economonic and social collaspe within this nation because they cannot see past their own selfishness and well being. We don't want change and we didn't need change. Things were just fine circa 1990!! Now you want to turn this whole country upside down with your agenda. I can't wait come November when we finally get you people out of office! Hit the road jack and don't cha come back no more!

Old 09-23-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
There used to be a stigma attached to teenaged and out-of-wedlock pregnancy. The liberal mindset decided that we needed to embrace these poor things and not make them feel bad about the situation they were in.

Now, teenagers and out-of-wedlock pregnant women know that they will be embraced and not made to feel bad. They will actually be rewarded!

I'd call that a fail!
Absolutely. We should go back to the good old days, and brand the harlots. You do realize that the word "scarlet" was a reference by Hawthorne to the previous custom of branding people.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
This thread is perfect example of why I cannot stand Liberals. In addition to having no morals or upstanding values, they have no class! Their blatant objection to traditional family values in which this country was founded just disgust me to no end. Everytime they are in control of office, they destroy America even more. They lack discipline, lack values, lack education, and most of all lack the ability to foresee economonic and social collaspe within this nation because they cannot see past their own selfishness and well being. We don't want change and we didn't need change. Things were just fine circa 1990!! Now you want to turn this whole country upside down with your agenda. I can't wait come November when we finally get you people out of office! Hit the road jack and don't cha come back no more!
I know! 1992-2000 were PERFECT years.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:37 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,806 times
Quote:
The left in the uK makes the US's left look like fascists... European nations lefts are far left compared to the US.

The handouts thing, is a left thing. The not seeing anything wrong with 12 year olds having sex, is aliberal thing.

Libbie logic is, "kids will have sex anyways, better just accept it" and obviously that sex education was further wasted money, as she has TWO kids now, and cannot support herself. Unless you've been living under a rock, you know what a condom is.

Liberals encourage things of like, if you feel like doing something, then you should do it. Rather than engage in any form of self control.
betamanlet !!! ... Precisely Right !

It's like I have stated so many times before ... These pernicious "Muddle Heads" are without a doubt an even worse offshoot of the old "Hanoi Jane" I hate everything American Crowd, that reared it's ugly head during the mid 1960's !

The anything goes, government owes me everything, anti- American values mindset of the "Flakey" Libby automatons is the greatest threat to this nation at this point in our history !

Only the American people who love and respect this great nation can truly save it from the unprecedented decadence and sheer lunacy currently spewing forth from so many of todays extreme left leaning liberals !

We dare not forget the power of our VOTE which we may most resolutely exercise very soon ! Lets take care of business !

Thank Y'ALL / Old Sgt. Lamar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies