Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 08:31 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,856,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
*1) I do not make over 250,000$ a year
**2) I am not a corporate polluter trying to dodge federal indictments

*1a) Therefore, my income taxes have not been raised
**2b) Whereas, the most regulation my property gets is by county residential zoning ordinances/property tax appraiser

Again, Koch Brothers political agenda is for Koch Industries, not me. If I was an uber-rich oil/chemical polluter, then I would join "Tea" Party.
PLEASE try for once to stay on the subject, this has nothing to do with how much money you make or your taxes.

This is about the hypocrisy behind you being ok with Soros funding liberal causes to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars but you openly attack the Koch brothers for doing the exact same thing. Why do you do this?

Instead of joining the Tea Party you've joined the Wall Street, Labor Union, Special Interest money party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 08:34 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Again, Koch Brothers political agenda is for Koch Industries, not me. If I was an uber-rich oil/chemical polluter, then I would join "Tea" Party.
how do you feel about soros owning 2 million shares of halliburton?

in what way does that support your agenda?

Old 09-27-2010, 08:35 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Aren't they funding your "grass roots" tea party?
Think there might be an agenda involved?
Doesn't George Soros fund Open Society, Acorn, Media Matters, Center for American Progress, Move on dot org, DNC, etc... . Think their might be an agenda involved?

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 09-27-2010 at 08:56 AM..

Old 09-27-2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
how do you feel about soros owning 2 million shares of halliburton?

in what way does that support your agenda?
Maybe we should call it the party of War and Death since Soros makes millions on Halliburton stock then sends it to Moveon.org so they can protest the wars that Halliburton makes billions of dollars on.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:37 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Maybe we should call it the party of War and Death since Soros makes millions on Halliburton stock them sends it to Moveon.org so they can protest the wars that Halliburton makes billions of dollars on.
and thus the leftist circle of silliness is complete

Old 09-27-2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
and thus the leftist circle of silliness is complete
Is that the Lion King theme song I just heard?

Old 09-27-2010, 08:42 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Desperation?

They can't run on their record - it's just too unpopular.

They've tried to brand the Tea Party as the next coming of the KKK - hasn't worked AT ALL.

They've tried to brand the Tea Party as extremist and too conservative - hasn't worked, since the country is trending more and more that way.

So what do they have left when the race card, the extremist card doesn't work?

Nothing but shrill desperation.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:44 AM

The lack of liberal defenders in this thread is not surprising. Is the truth too true?

Old 09-27-2010, 08:44 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
I want ALL of these people prevented from funding politics except in limited amounts as individuals. Having the Koch Bros fund the right wing is the same a Soros funding the left. Both violate the concept of "one person, one vote" by replacing it with "one dollar, one vote". This is inimical to a Democratic (concept, not party) Republic.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I want ALL of these people prevented from funding politics except in limited amounts as individuals. Having the Koch Bros fund the right wing is the same a Soros funding the left. Both violate the concept of "one person, one vote" by replacing it with "one dollar, one vote". This is inimical to a Democratic (concept, not party) Republic.
Greg I agree with you but at what point do you run into a dilemma because these men (Soros, Koch bros) could technically be donating their own money to political causes just you any of us could do... they just happen to have millions of dollars to throw around. I think individual donors should be limited as far as how much they can donate but without closing loop holes we'll never stop any of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies