Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 04:54 PM

211 posts, read 985,488 times

Advertisements

Just out of curioisty, if you are not rich or have no plans to become rich, why would you vote Republican?

Old 07-02-2007, 05:05 PM

1,135 posts, read 3,982,969 times
Why do people smoke ?
Why do they do crack ?
Why do people join violent gangs of any type ?

No matter how hurtful or illogical some behaviours are, there
will never be shortage of humans to partake of them.
Go figure ?

Old 07-02-2007, 05:37 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,642,016 times
Maybe folks with integrity, who work hard, not looking for a handout from the government, not whiners about their plight in life, take responsibility for their actions and their present situation....?? Just some thoughts.

Old 07-02-2007, 05:43 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,298,942 times
Well, truth be told the trust was broken this time around with this administration.

I'm not rich. Probably one of those who is scratching and clawing to still call himself and his family "Middle Class"....

Economically speaking I vote Republican because I don't believe in higher taxes. The tax scheme of this administration actually worked to increase revenues by stimulating growth but the revenue was squandered and not used responsibly. Instead of "Tax and Spend" it was "Not tax and Spend". I don't believe in income re-distribution. I work for my money and don't believe it should be forcibly taxed away from me and doled out to many who do nothing.

And before any of you bleeding-hearts gets your panties in a bunch, I am specifically referring to welfare cases who do nothing to get off welfare, not the many who are ashamed to be on it and do thier very best to get off it....... One has to admit there is a segment of the population who seem to constantly have thier hand out and I can't stand supporting them with every fiber of my being.

Old 07-02-2007, 05:49 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,260,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Maybe folks with integrity, who work hard, not looking for a handout from the government, not whiners about their plight in life, take responsibility for their actions and their present situation....?? Just some thoughts.
Lilypad, well said. It's about personal responsibility.

Now on the other hand it is easy to figure out why some people vote democratic. . . they don't want to take responsibility for their lives, and admit that they are responsible for their sucess or failure. They want a hand out, they want to be able to blame the government for any failures in their lives.

Old 07-02-2007, 05:55 PM

1,135 posts, read 3,982,969 times
Republicans mean less taxes ?!?!
huh ?
What far gone decade was that ?
I pay more taxes now than I ever have. For the past
three years Ive never been taxed higher. To add insult
to injury, my income last year was what it was in 1992
and I still OWED !!!! Bu$h has almost tied Lance Armsrtongs
TdF wins in HIGHEST DEFICITS AND DEBT THE COUNTRY
HAS EVER SEEN 6 YEARS RUNNING !! Who is paying for that ?
As far as handouts....they are a fact of running a country.
I would rather see a bum on a sofa watching Oprah get my
money than WAL*MART, Exxon and other big corps who are
getting by far and away the most taxpayer supported handouts, currently.

Old 07-02-2007, 05:55 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,005,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needaplace View Post
Just out of curioisty, if you are not rich or have no plans to become rich, why would you vote Republican?
i vote solidly democratic but with holding my nose when i do it. i've often heard by the repubs that the democrats define a person as rich if they make "over $18k/yr". i find much of that to be true. as a single hard working american, i find that i pay much more proportionately in taxes than most other taxpayers out there. If you look at the next elections, you will see democrats talk about "targeted" tax cuts, which usually means that if you have children and make less than $18k/yr, we're going to redistribute income from these others to give your families more. then they'll start talking about savings programs where the gov't will match their $$ like a 401k. the current failure in the white house did manage to reduce taxes "across the board" (which means EVERYONE) and they gave him all kinds of crap for it, like he's refunding $$ back to millionaires. i resent that b/c for once i actually got a little something back of the $$ that are always stolen from me to pay for someone else's brats. that being said, this traitorous president has wasted $$ on useless wars and fighting for things that the public doesn't much care for. democrats usually come out ahead when it comes to ethics and social/moral issues. i hate each of them, so i plan split my vote so that i don't get too much of either one.

Old 07-02-2007, 05:58 PM

145 posts, read 519,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
The most distilled answer: Republicans support less government, Democrats desire more.

Old 07-02-2007, 05:58 PM

451 posts, read 835,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needaplace View Post
Because they want the opportunity to become rich amoung several other reasons.

Old 07-02-2007, 06:00 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,298,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoZmiC NinJa View Post
Republicans mean less taxes ?!?!
huh ?
What far gone decade was that ?
I pay more taxes now than I ever have. For the past
three years Ive never been taxed higher. To add insult
to injury, my income last year was what it was in 1992
and I still OWED !!!! Bu$h has tied Lance Armsrtongs
TdF wins in HIGHEST DEFICITS AND DEBT THE COUNTRY
HAS EVER SEEN & YEARS RUNNING !! Who is paying for that ?
As far as handouts....they are a fact of running a country.
I would rather see a bum on a sofa watching Oprah get my
money than WAL*MART, Exxon and other big corps who are
getting by far and away the most taxpayer supported handouts, currently.
The taxes you pay are unrelated to the defecit and the debt. THAT is the screwed up spending that this "Republican" administration has messed us ALL up on.

Taxes as a whole were lower whether you wish to believe it or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies