Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which group(s) should be banned from teaching?
Open homosexuals 3 6.98%
Sexually active heterosexual women 0 0%
Both groups should be banned 1 2.33%
Neither group should be banned 39 90.70%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 03:03 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
DeMint said if someone is openly homosexual, they shouldn't be teaching in the classroom and he holds the same position on an unmarried woman who's sleeping with her boyfriend — she shouldn't be in the classroom.
DeMint addresses conservative issues at Spartanburg church rally | GoUpstate.com

More red meat for the hardcore right-wingers, I guess. Who else would buy into this stuff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 03:07 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Quote:
“(When I said those things,) no one came to my defense,” he said. “But everyone would come to me and whisper that I shouldn't back down. They don't want government purging their rights and their freedom to religion.”
Orly?

Old 10-04-2010, 03:08 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
So the group that statistically are the most likely to be pedophiles can teach, straight males. That makes a whole lot of (non) sense. Lets turn the clock back to the Victorian times when married men and spinsters were the only ones allowed to teach. Just as well that lesbains are allowed too. What an idjit!

Old 10-04-2010, 03:12 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
DeMint addresses conservative issues at Spartanburg church rally | GoUpstate.com

More red meat for the hardcore right-wingers, I guess. Who else would buy into this stuff?
Is this the same EXACT ch*t stirrer who egged on the civil war? Seems SC has some dysfunctional 'traditions' it needs to clean up, and BTW- I heard this statement from southerns!

Old 10-04-2010, 03:25 PM

22,191 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Oh wow he said it again. At first I was wondering why you were trying to present this as new, because he had some controversy when he made those comments back in 04 when he was running for his first term. However, he goes off the deep end again, and makes the same comments six years later. What a sack of garbage.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:36 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
Don't you understand! He's a smaller government kind of guy! er...wait...peeking into someone's bedroom to determine if they should have a public job is small government, right? Maybe, once we eliminate social security, the department of education, (you know, all the unnecessary, unconstitutional stuff) the government could fund community watch programs to monitor citizens in each neighborhood and report them to the authorities.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:37 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,363,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

I will never understand why some folks feel the need to control others. How/why would it matter, do some folks believe that a gay man or woman is going to show up with his/her lover in tow via an S&M harness?
If you can teach children and maintain professional hygiene and attire I don’t care if you make love to chickens on your own time!
I swing right but man! gimme a break! Some of these hard core righties can fly off the wagon sometimes with the Holier than thou attitude.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:38 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Don't you understand! He's a smaller government kind of guy! er...wait...peeking into someone's bedroom to determine if they should have a public job is small government, right? Maybe, once we eliminate social security, the department of education, (you know, all the unnecessary, unconstitutional stuff) the government could fund community watch programs to monitor citizens in each neighborhood and report them to the authorities.
It's crazy, isn't it? He'd probably favor installing a camera in every American teacher's bedroom.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:39 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Is this the same EXACT ch*t stirrer who egged on the civil war? Seems SC has some dysfunctional 'traditions' it needs to clean up, and BTW- I heard this statement from southerns!
Gee thanks for bashing the whole state of South Carolina. Actually, there are plenty of people in South Carolina that would like to see the last of DeMint. However, the Upstate, home of Bob Jones University, always manages to give him the votes needed. As I am sure all of Nevada does not think Harry Reid represented them well, the same can be said here. Really, you could insert many politicians as an example here!

In South Carolina, there are really two different types of Republicans, those who are more concerned with the fiscal agenda first and those that are concerned with the social agenda first. DeMint is a social agenda guy.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:44 PM

22,191 posts, read 19,473,387 times
I wonder what Demint thinks about sexually active unwed men, and if they should be allowed to teach...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies