Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 12:16 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Listing their political beliefs and membership in a lawful group as a reason was a violation of their rights.

Second, Oath Keepers is not a militia. They lied.

Third, nothing illegal about the weapons.

Fourth, given my knowledge of multiple cases of police departments in NH harassing and filing false charges against people carrying guns...I'm skeptical there's any substance to that.
First, it wasn't listed as a reason.

Second, who cares? It wasn't the reason for the kid being taken.

Third, yes there is when you're CC without a legal right to do so, and when the police are constantly being called out because you're making a disturbance while brandishing a firearm.

Fourth, credible citations please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 12:39 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I won't get into a debate about the 2nd Amendment, but I will point out that even the individual right to keep and bear arms isn't absolute. The Legislative and Judical branches have carved out legitmate exceptions many times over the years, for instance prohibiting the possession of fire arms to convicted violent criminals and incarcerated felons, and preventing you neighbor from owning, and using, an 8" howitzer. Not many would argue the legitimacy of those.

And, you should ask yourself this: IF the Oath Keeper's would be better off underground and out sight, what does that say about their agenda?
I just happen to know someone who privately owns not only a fully functional 105mm Howitzer, but also M42 fully automatic machine guns, and M224 60mm mortars. It is legal for private citizens to own such weapons, and many do. Clearly, you are misinformed.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:45 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
First, it wasn't listed as a reason.

Second, who cares? It wasn't the reason for the kid being taken.

Third, yes there is when you're CC without a legal right to do so, and when the police are constantly being called out because you're making a disturbance while brandishing a firearm.

Fourth, credible citations please.
It was on the affidavit that was filed, it was a reason.

You're saying who cares about their civil rights, who cares if political affiliations are used as part of a reason to seize children? That's insane.

NH is an open carry state. No brandishing law exists in NH. There have been more and more issues in Nh, VT and ME with gun rights as people from anti-gun states like MA, NY, etc., move in and call in complaints over lawful activities. Here's a sample, or you can read through the threads of the NH forum at forums.opencarry.org

Seized by the Manchester, New Hampshire PD for Open Carry - TheFiringLine Forums
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies