Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 04:41 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Jeeze, get a clue, the OP is not for Democrats or Republicans, he is for rejecting both parties, which makes him more intelligent than the 80% of America that continually vote for one of the 2 major parties who continue to screw them year after year after year.
Oh, Ok I will get one when you get some manners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 04:44 PM

888 posts, read 1,186,959 times
A complete stalemate of ideology, is what we have......NOW!
A national death spiral will be the result.....IF.....we continue on the same partisan path.

I do NOT see any change for the better, if the posting on this forum are any indication........................................ ...........................................

Steve

Old 10-13-2010, 05:09 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well..one can hope that the Repubs will start cutting programs and put a halt to needless spending.
Did they during the 6 years they held the house, senate, and WH.
What makes you think they will all of a sudden change? They will all vote the way thier lobbyist tell them too just like before.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:47 PM

2 posts, read 1,643 times
Default Sad for America

I am so sad for America. I only wish that I could laugh about the state of our country. I agree that it doesn't matter which party has control. And, I wonder how politicians think that we are not trusting them, when they dig up bones on each other, or make up lies, whatever they can do to get a vote. We don't know who to believe, or what to do about these dirty games they play. I am so sick of them all. But, the bottom line is that this is our country that they have taken down. What will it be like for our children and grandchildren? Is there anything that we can do about the politicians and all of the distruction they have done and are doing to our country? I am so sad for all military personnel that gave their lives for a country that is in such a state of confusion and disarray. And I am sad that we have allowed our politicians to put us in this state.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:52 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Well..one can hope that the Repubs will start cutting programs and put a halt to needless spending.
What's "needless spending". That which benefits anyone other than YOU?

Tax whiners just want something for nothing and wouldn't be happy if their total tax bill was one cent a year.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:01 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Are Americans so stupid nowadays to think voting back in the other party is really going to change things? I mean seriously? The problems going on in America haven't happened overnight. EVERY PRESIDENT for the last 30-40 years has been bankrupting, pillaging, plundering this country for their own agenda. Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Obama, Nixon, Carter.............THEY ARE ALL THE SAME! I mean that is the exact definition of stupidity is it not? Doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results?

Do you honestly feel that the same crap going on under our Democratic congress wasn't going on under our Republican congress?

I'm going to laugh my butt off when the balloon of hope pops after the Republicans are voted back into office this year. I'm going to laugh when in 2015 we are still seeing the same crap going on party after party, year after year. BOTH PARTIES are the same. They are under the control of multinational corporations, wall street, and the banks. You think the George Soros and Obamas of the world are any different than the Donald Trumps and Bushes? LMAO!

Anyways, here in Kalifornia we have been brainwashed into thinking that the only viable candidates are that hag Whitman and the clown Brown. But if you look on the ballot there are a few other choices. Oh let's vote the lesser of two evils? WHY? Do you honestly think a Green party candidate, a Constitutionalist, or hell the Prohibition party candidate can do any worse than the dog crap we have in office now? When will Americans wake the hell up and vote a different party into office? Why all this paradigm conservative/liberal democrat/republican crap decade after decade? Don't just vote out the incumbents...............VOTE THEM ALL OUT AND NEVER LET THEM BACK IN UNTIL THIS COUNTRY IS HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION AGAIN!

I mean hell even a complete and utter breakdown of government's ability to get anything done via too many different parties in office is better than what we have now. A complete stalemate of ideology would be wonderful.

1. Cut spending
2. Cut taxes
3. repeal Obamacare
4. enforce our borders
5. stop penalizing buisness and allow the economy to grow

It is amazing that there are actually people out there who enjoy the economic misery Obama is perpetuating. It makes one wonder if they crave self punishment.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:02 PM

4,562 posts, read 4,103,050 times
Quote:
Just as one can hope the Dems would grow the b@lls to raise taxes on dividends and upper income brackets. Put an end to needless tax cuts.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:53 PM

946 posts, read 2,604,651 times
Quote:
Like the largest defense budget in the world? Like another trillion dollars poured into the sands of the poisonous middle east? Like selling our Saudi allies 50 billion worth of high-tech military gear (the same steadfast allies that supplied 80% of the 9/11 crew? Or another 10 billion to our true-blue friends the Pakistanis so they can send it on to the Afghans we are fighting? While our own infrastructure crumbles?)

HappyTex, most times I agree with you but on this one, how can we even begin to discuss spending and the economy without putting our military spending first and foremost?

Given that the Repubs attempt to position themselves as the party of national security (and the Dems feel compelled to demonstrate their own manliness by urging their own military misadventures), I don't see how either party will bring us fiscal sanity, let alone an escape from our military nightmares that are promising long and expensive hangovers.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:35 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
Does it really matter whom we vote to be captain(s) of the Titanic at this point?

YC.......

Old 10-13-2010, 08:44 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Did they during the 6 years they held the house, senate, and WH.
What makes you think they will all of a sudden change? They will all vote the way thier lobbyist tell them too just like before.
In case you haven't been paying attention, here is a recap
1. the dems took over in 2006 - because the repubs were slacking
2. the dems have done the opposite of what the voters want. They will be voted out too

these are a new group of candidates. You may be right, but they are not the same old politicians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies