Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 12:23 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Actually, I know plenty of Muslims who are absolutely amazing people. They wouldn't hurt me, or anyone else.... it's unfortunate that you are assuming every single Muslim is an extremist when it's obviously not true.
Are you for real? How nice for you. lol! too funny.

Please show us where the poster your referencing ever said that there weren't Muslims who are absloutely amazing peoplel (lol) that wouldn't hurt (you) or anyone else lol.
Me thinks you are either misunderstanding or reading way too much into other peoples posts.
Come on people let's be honest. No one has ever infered or intimated that all Muslims are terrorists. Is it too much to ask for a modicum of integrity on these boards?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 12:25 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I don't see what's so "funny" or "clever" about it. Every moron with a keyboard has been quipping "throw bacon at it" here on CD when talking about mosques.

I guess some people have short memories or extremely simplistic ideas of "clever".

Old 10-14-2010, 12:25 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Got any links or studies to support that?
Chapter 8 -- Foreign Terrorist Organizations (http://www.state.gov/s/ct/rls/crt/2005/65275.htm - broken link)

Old 10-14-2010, 12:26 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Some alleged Christians deserve to have an 'anti' agenda directed at them. I would include in that group those who've described performing medical experiments on unknowing human guinea pigs as a "non-event".

IF that's a true Christian attitude then Christianity be damned.

What the hell?

Are you that delusional to think that Christianity promotes medical testing on humans? I guess it easy to see why you are so comfortable with Islam, the proponants of which would kill you if given the chance.

You are obviously referring to the US government testing bacterial infections in the 1940s. Again- big deal. It is ancient history. It is as relevent as condemning the Visigoths for the sack of Rome. How are you doing with that Visigoth issue, by the way? Are you aware of the US government conducting such experiments now? I suppose the Rape of Nanking (happened about the same time), the starvation of 20 million Ukranians, and the killing of six million Jews are small events compared to the "evil" US goverment. Get real- get a perspective.

I, on the other hand, am very aware of beheadings, stonings, honor killings, suicide attacks, and restriction of human rights being practiced by Muslims today- that is 2010, not 1940 or 450 AD.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:26 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Taqiyya - The practice of concealing one’s faith in dangerous circumstances originates in the Koran itself, which deems blameless those who disguise their beliefs in such cases.

Taqiyya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Muslim will lie in order to conceal their true beliefs. That's allowed in the Koran.

Muslims only come in two flavors - footsoldiers "radicals", and "the pious" ones. Remember that.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:34 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't see what's so "funny" or "clever" about it. Every moron with a keyboard has been quipping "throw bacon at it" here on CD when talking about mosques.

I guess some people have short memories or extremely simplistic ideas of "clever".
is that so?

then it should be no problem at all for you to supply just two instances.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:35 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
I was expecting a mosque to be vandalized this way. I expect it to happen much more. Its a really funny way of making a point .

Old 10-14-2010, 12:37 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
And where did this happen....that's right the SOUTH! Yet another story about the South discriminating against minorities and other religions but we are supposed to pretend that racism and discirimation is equal everywhere.

But of course, Southerners and Conservatives demand that we be PC toward the South and pretend it's not more racist and disriminatory than other parts of the country. The South is in denial as always. I'm so glad I don't live there. No wonder the South has trouble recruiting physicians; what intelligent and educated person would want to surround themselves in an area that is closed minded and hostile toward other faiths and races.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:38 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Apparently bacon and other pork products cause Muslims to react like Superman does when exposed to kryptonite, or how vampires react to sunlight.

The thing is... anybody else would bring in a pack of hungry dogs to eat it up, Muslims consider dogs to be on the same level as a pig so that solution is automatically off the table.

Sad but true.

If they used prosciutto I would have been there with some melon and ate it up.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:44 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

I, on the other hand, am very aware of beheadings, stonings, honor killings, suicide attacks, and restriction of human rights being practiced by Muslims today- that is 2010, not 1940 or 450 AD.
So what do you call the Ethnic Cleansing that occurred in the Balkans in which Christian Serbs killed Muslim Bosnians over religion. Over 80,000 Muslim Bosnians died in that war. This occurred during the 1990's not 450 AD. Woops, I guess the "neurosurgeon" missed that little detail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies