Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 11:08 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
No agenda except awareness expanding. If their are women's groups there they sure are quiet (as well as ineffective).
Whatever. Once Sharia envelopes Englad completely maybe then we'll see a little push back.
On the radio today I heard that even the UAE's (a fairly moderate Muslim country) Supreme court ruled today that beating your wives is OK as long as you don't leave marks.
Quiet? Hardly.
Ineffective? I dont think so, considering what they are dealing with.
The subject just hasnt been on your radar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 11:09 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Pointing out hypocracy is not vilifying, it is holding accountable.
I don't know what countries you are talking about but I suspect that in those countries the laws, as liberal as they may be, apply equally to either the man or the woman who wants the divorce.
There was no hypocrisy from NOW.
Just because you want to vilify women and women's groups doesn't mean you have any valid point.

Once there are equal rights for women in the US; perhaps you could start looking at other countries.
______
But I find it funny that you comment on my rudeness to christers when I point out their hypocrisy.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:30 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
On the radio today I heard that even the UAE's (a fairly moderate Muslim country) Supreme court ruled today that beating your wives is OK as long as you don't leave marks.
You really need to educate yourself. Do you think any court in this country would convict a man on domestic violence charges if there were no marks, no witnesses, and only he said/she said? Why do people love to point fingers at all the atrocities happening in predominantly Muslim countries when the track record for how crimes against women are handled at home leave a lot to be desired? Sure, Islam has a horrible track record for how women are treated, and everyone should speak up and support organizations and legislation to help stop it. What is our excuse at home then? Once we treat our women and children with respect and dignity at home, then perhaps we can start pointing fingers elsewhere. Until that time, educate and inform yourself. Get involved in local organizations protecting women and children from violence, and use your vote.

The Pixel Project

UNIFEM - United Nations Development Fund for Women

WHO | Violence against women

Violence Against Women - A Fact Sheet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies