Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 01:26 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,990,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
When I saw this thread it made me smile just at the THOUGHT of a world without Islam. What a beautiful dream. Someone should do a John Lennin-ish song along the lines of "Imagine" about a world without Islam.

If Islam had never existed Syria, Egypt, and the rest of teh Middle-East would remain Christian today. Zoroastrianism would probably be a major religion, instead of having been almost completely wiped out by Muslim conqurers. The Crusades NEVER would have happened. Anyone who says otherwise does not know the history of the Crusades. The Crusades were a defensive reaction to hundreds of years of Muslim invasion and aggression. The middle-east would probably be similar to Europe in many ways since they would both be Christian-based societies. The tech level of hte middle-east would be on par with the rest of the world, instead of hundreds of years behind. There probably would never have been a trans-Atlantic slave trade as it was Muslims who introduced slavery into Africa and who were responsible for setting up slavery as a business. Along those same lines, American ships would never have been attacked by the Barbary Coast Pirates and their crews ransomed or sold in to slavery. That event lead to the forming of the US Marine Corps so their history would be different as well.
There are too many things that would be different to inagine them all but one thing is clear-- the world would be a MUCH, MUCH BETTER PLACE.
Well even before Islam there was conflicts with the west and middle east. The Roman empire had an long conflict with the Persian Empire and were rivals in the middle east.

Slavery existed long before Islam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 04:23 PM

421 posts, read 449,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMcElwee View Post
If this is what you think passes for "debate", or "logic" or "reason" or, perhaps "a point", I would suggest a complete makeover of your perspective. Truly a distinction without a difference. And what shape table would suit you today???????
You are asserting two points, I'd like you to clarify what you mean, can you do that? So, you are suggesting that there is a 'war' war by definition involves organized groups, can you clarify which organized groups you are referring to?

Secondly, you are asserting that someone is at war with Islam. Islam is a system of belief, you really can't be at war with a system of belief. Its like being at war with candyfloss, do you like candy floss? I bet you do. So, you have to define what you mean by war with Islam, what it is exactly that you see in Islam and what evidence you see that causes war, causes a need for a war and specifically causes a war in this instance.

Problem with causation is like, when you eat lots of candyfloss and drink some water then feel ill. Then you think, oooow, I drank water and now I feel ill, it must have been the water, because I drank water before I was ill. But actually, correlation does not equal causation, it turns out it was the candyfloss, remember I told you that you liked it? Turns out that you liked it too much!! tut. So, its really important to understand if candyfloss or water made you ill before you decide what to cut out, OK?

I hope that this reaches the correct sort of level for you to understand. Tell me if I need to dumb it down more for ya.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:39 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,801,553 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
How arrogant, condescending and rude all in one post.
I don't give a crap about your god; do not offend me by your words of disdain.

Why would I have a funeral? In a church, hardly. I don't believe in a god fantasy creature, so why would I? Cremation is fine, throw me to the birds. I'll be dead, what do I care.

My money happens to be the Euro at the moment so it does not say anything about any sky-daddy on it.

How absolutely offensive you are.
Chielgirl, this is great!!

The sky-dad! Never heard that before. Priceless!

I believe most of us knows (with any brains) "regilion" is the root of most wars.

It's always one regilion bashing another.

Can you christians really talk harboring those boy rapers or boy molesters. Whatever ya'll call them. I mean really!

How about this: The world without christianity. How would that world look?

Old 10-27-2010, 10:01 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,310,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Chielgirl, this is great!!

The sky-dad! Never heard that before. Priceless!
Always so funny to see atheists who think they know anything of Christian beliefs. A sky spirit would be closer to Native American Indian beliefs than Christian ones. Go make fun of them for a while, if it’s not a violation of your PC playbook.

Quote:
I believe most of us knows (with any brains) "regilion" is the root of most wars.
"us knows" should be "us know". I don't usually point out things like that but when you put it in a sentence with "(with any brains)" I just have to point it out.

Quote:
It's always one regilion bashing another.
And yet, the greatest mass murderers in the history of the world have all been atheists: Mao, Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot...
Quote:
Can you christians really talk harboring those boy rapers or boy molesters. Whatever ya'll call them. I mean really!
More public school teachers have sex with their students than Roman Catholic priests. I’d say the Human Secularists (a.k.a. atheists) could write the book on child-rape.
Quote:
How about this: The world without christianity. How would that world look?
Like pure barbarism, and either anarchy or totalitarian control. Without an absolute moral right or wrong everything becomes relative. Why should I be nice to you or treat you the way I want to be treated? If there’s nothing beyond this world then I should indulge in any pleasure that I want and not care about anyone else. Legality or illegality doesn’t matter without morality. All that matters is pleasing oneself and not getting caught if something is illegal. In short, the world would look like the former Soviet Union.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:24 AM

4,301 posts, read 4,414,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattos_12 View Post
War implied an organized group against another organized group. I think you'd have to define the two or more groups, then causally link Islam to the creation of conflicts and the need for war before making the claim seriously.
The organized groups are the militant muslims waging war on the governments of said nations, the various other religious institutions and anyone who dares stand against them. They are well supplying and stocked by wealthy families from various nations that make up the Saudi Arabian peninsula. The peninsula is the stronghold of Wahabism (well over 90 percent practice this strain of Islam) and are the main exporters of radical Islam (both financially and with foot soldiers - as was witnessed on 9/11).

Old 10-27-2010, 10:28 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,836,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Probably has more to do with a barbaric people than a barbaric religion. The Old Testament is pretty barbaric, but Judaism has evolved into a more peaceful religion. Islam is newer than Judaism and Christianity, so they are still Medieval in their evolution of religion.
christianity only evolved to accomodate man made laws

Old 10-27-2010, 10:32 AM

4,301 posts, read 4,414,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
christianity only evolved to accomodate man made laws
Considering how it conducted itself outside of man-made laws (The Inquisition, witch-trails, and other persecutions), I would say that is a good thing. Now, if Islam can do the same.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:30 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,492,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
And yet, the greatest mass murderers in the history of the world have all been atheists: Mao, Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot...
The fiction that Hitler was an atheist has been demolished by many people in many places.

Quote:
Without an absolute moral right or wrong everything becomes relative. Why should I be nice to you or treat you the way I want to be treated?
If you can't figure that out without the crutch of supernatural supervision, you are an unethical person by definition.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:33 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,469,853 times
so I guess that means if they ceased to exist even today, we wouldn't miss much because they don't contribute anything to the world.

what's taking so long to outlaw the brainwashing mind control cult that Islam is?

Old 10-27-2010, 12:34 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,492,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Considering how it conducted itself outside of man-made laws (The Inquisition, witch-trails, and other persecutions), I would say that is a good thing. Now, if Islam can do the same.
Turkey has tried to subordinate religion to the state, but the West's pathetic democracy-or-else fetish isn't helping them any (or Egypt, Algeria, Pakistan, etc.)

After Turkey, Saddam Hussein's Ba'athist regime in Iraq was the next closest thing there was to a secular government in a Muslim country. But as our Israeli puppet-masters dictate our foreign policy, he had to go too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies