Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 03:59 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Yes Lets listen to outsiders and Christie and vote down the school budget again NJ Property owners. Lets get hit once again with double digit tax increase. Help Christie to claim nationally that property taxes have not increased, help Christie to continue to blame the local government and the unions. VOTE DOWN THE NEXT SCHOOL BUDGET whats another extra $800 to $1K per year Property tax increase to the middle class.
On Long Island, we voted YES to our school budgets and supposed average spending increases of 2.5%.

What did we get?

School taxes that rose from 11% on up to 34% for homeowners! If we could be so lucky that it was "only $800 to $1000 a year extra."

What did the union members (teachers) and those that piggyback on their lavish contracts (school administrators) get?

With few exceptions, for the most part, a free ride on the backs of the taxpayers (aka business as usual): two raises a year, no increase in contribution to health care, no increase in contribution to pensions, actually getting paid several thousand dollars if they don't take health insurance in some districts (would your employer give you that?) and more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 04:11 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Well, as a former piggy at the public education trough (teacher), I felt pretty fat and happy at my job, I made good money, my job was not hard, my health care benefits were the best, and continue to be, as I still get healthcare after retirement, and I retired after 20 years, with a 90% of my pay pension. So...I always paid my union dues...

Old 10-27-2010, 04:22 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This embodies everything we've come to know and love about the unions. Giving the shaft to the kids, the taxpayer and the education system. As long as they get "theirs", screw everybody else.

Gateway Pundit (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/10/njea-union-teachers-call-black-kids-n-say-they-want-to-f-with-kids-video/ - broken link)

Christie's reaction.

JammieWearingFool

Videos of NJEA conference are authentic, James O'Keefe spokesman says | NJ.com
A James O'Keefe undercover video? That guy's been discredited every which way. Why would anyone trust this tape not to be doctored, heavily edited and added to just like he did with the ACORN tapes?

Old 10-27-2010, 04:56 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You know, like this is, you know, why , you know, a lot of us, you know, have lost, you know, respect for you know, the NEA and you know, the teachers in you know, the union.

I watched the video and one teacher sad, "you know" about every third word. And these are the people teaching our children.
Maybe if you'd quit bashing unions before they even open their mouths and offer better pay and benefits to the teachers, you'd get better teachers, you know?

Old 10-27-2010, 05:01 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
A James O'Keefe undercover video? That guy's been discredited every which way. Why would anyone trust this tape not to be doctored, heavily edited and added to just like he did with the ACORN tapes?

If I remember correctly James O'Kiefe's tapes were not discredited in the Acorn scandle. In fact Acorn lost it's funding and is now disbanded into other companies. Charges were filed against him when he tried to enter an office and misrepresented himself by saying he was a repairman. His tapes were not discredited.

Amazing that some would shoot the messenger and ignore the message. Can you imagine the outrage if someone on TV called someone the N word? And these people educate our children. It's sick..

Old 10-27-2010, 06:01 PM

785 posts, read 619,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
Nailed it! For some strange reason these people, who are almost always middle to lower class, identify (against their own best interests) with the ruling class. Right-wing media billionaires and corporate elites with their astroturf front groups have managed to hoodwink millions of people into passionately supporting their plutocratic goal of ushering in a new age of feudalism -both hilarious and tragic.
What does Astroturf mean? Please define it.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:01 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Maybe if you'd quit bashing unions before they even open their mouths and offer better pay and benefits to the teachers, you'd get better teachers, you know?
NJ teachers make a good salary and pay 0% for healthcare and have tenure not to mention pensions.
What more are they looking for ?

Old 10-27-2010, 07:38 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
If I remember correctly James O'Kiefe's tapes were not discredited in the Acorn scandle. In fact Acorn lost it's funding and is now disbanded into other companies. Charges were filed against him when he tried to enter an office and misrepresented himself by saying he was a repairman. His tapes were not discredited.

Amazing that some would shoot the messenger and ignore the message. Can you imagine the outrage if someone on TV called someone the N word? And these people educate our children. It's sick..
B'klyn ACORN cleared over giving illegal advice on how to hide money from prostitution

http://mediamatters.org/research/201010270033

Old 10-27-2010, 07:41 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
"NJ Teachers Union Officials Gone Wild!"

Shoot, I thought there would be a video for this.

Yes, I remember a teacher I had in high school. Wish she had gone wild.....

And I don't know if she was union. But it didn't matter to me at the time. Going wild was much more important.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:42 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Discredited? By who?

His ACORN undercover resulted in those frauds going underground, new name, etc, etc.

The Mary Landreu thing was not what the Left said it was.

Discredited by who?

So far, have you heard the teachers union say these were not real union officials?

Nooooooooo...haven't heard that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies