Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 06:46 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,176,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Noting of importance, don't worry, never is.
Just like this thread.

There was no "meltdown". Another title that's a lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 06:59 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,214,422 times
I opened the link prepared to be shocked by Obama acting in a childish, immature and/or "meltdown-ish" way. Instead, I find him being accomodating and patient until the hecklers were through...in essence, giving them their time to boo him. This link just went to further my opinion of him as a level-headed guy. Thanks!!

Last edited by ChocLot; 11-01-2010 at 07:10 AM..

Old 11-01-2010, 10:00 AM

783 posts, read 2,260,334 times
There's really not much he could do. And people who show up at speeches and rallies to heckle the speaker are an embarrassment I don't care which side of the aisle you're sitting, or if you sit on the floor in the middle. Most of those who show up don't show up to heckle or listen to hecklers, they show up to hear the speaker. I wouldn't have crossed the street to see shrub spew his nonsense and I wasn't that great a fan of his daddy, but I did show up to see his dad speak at UT and considered it a privilege he had come to my town to address us. We all deserve to be heard - and they were - but this nonsense where you just scream and heckle for minutes on end is not being heard, it is saying the other person CANNOT be heard - and no one deserves that, I don't care if you're wearing a white hood and a cape with a red cross.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:06 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,471,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
For being a presidential scholar he doesn't seem to understand how to be presidential.
He's so childish. He's like a child saying "I know you are, but what am I?" And we are supposed to respect him? Stewart was right, he's just a "dude".

Old 11-01-2010, 10:08 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,885,537 times
I don't understand why people want to fund more "international AIDS programs"... as far as I can tell its a failure... the AIDS crisis is getting worse in Africa... the only tool was prevent young babies from getting AIDS but the problem (and still is the problem) is that they get AIDS later in life from promiscuity... all it did was give them a few more years but at a greater cost... personally, I would of developed a different strategy towards the problem with AIDS overseas, preferably one that actually works instead of dumping money into the WRONG approach and KNOW that it is the wrong approach...

Old 11-01-2010, 11:17 AM

The AIDS crisis is getting worse in Africa because we sent all this money to preachers and denied it to any organization that would not tow the christian line being cast from washington. There are so many cultural barriers to overcome you cannot combat a communicable crisis like this with band aids, which is all those drugs are. The only PREVENTION these programs were allowed to discuss is abstinence, and that's not going to work in western europe or america much less africa.

And you don't get aids "later in life" when you're a woman in a culture of promiscuous men who believe things like having sex with a 13 year old virgin will cure your aids. What if you're that 13 year old girl? Promiscuity is a big part of the problem, but telling people "just don't have sex" is not going to work.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:22 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,472,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I guess those who lie constantly start to believe their lies.
Is that what is happening ot he POTUS? He does seem to believe all of his own BS.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:24 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,472,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poptones View Post
The AIDS crisis is getting worse in Africa because we sent all this money to preachers and denied it to any organization that would not tow the christian line being cast from washington. There are so many cultural barriers to overcome you cannot combat a communicable crisis like this with band aids, which is all those drugs are. The only PREVENTION these programs were allowed to discuss is abstinence, and that's not going to work in western europe or america much less africa.

And you don't get aids "later in life" when you're a woman in a culture of promiscuous men who believe things like having sex with a 13 year old virgin will cure your aids. What if you're that 13 year old girl? Promiscuity is a big part of the problem, but telling people "just don't have sex" is not going to work.
If these poeple have to be "taught" how to keep AIDS from spreading after all these years of doing just that. They need to be relieved of their human duties here on Earth. They are just not capable of understanding and intelligence.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:44 AM

Wow that's unbelievably ignorant. Many of them live in villages with no running water, yet you expect cultural shifts overnight? These are not people sittiting in huts watching tv and surfing the internet.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:57 AM

24 posts, read 23,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Urmmm, obama made it about Bush.
No, he didn't. Try watching the video.

The 'other side' does not refer to Bush. You clearly haven't read the GOP plegde either have you?

lol @ republican voters expecting all these massive cut proposals from the GOP are going to be sorely disappointed.

Economic plan: Cut taxes for rich, add 4 trillion extra to debt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies