Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 08:46 AM

181 posts, read 849,527 times

Advertisements

If Obama is not a natural born citizen under the Constitution, why didn't John McCain/Sarah Palin/Hillary Clinton or anybody in a position to defeat him raise a legal challenge in 2008?

Old 11-02-2010, 08:49 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiodude84 View Post
If Obama is not a natural born citizen under the Constitution, why didn't John McCain/Sarah Palin/Hillary Clinton or anybody in a position to defeat him raise a legal challenge in 2008?

They did not want to be labeled as "racist". Hillary's campaign was the one that brought up this issue in the first place.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:49 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
I don't pay the birthers any mind. It's this simple: Obama is the wrong party, comes from the wrong city, and is the wrong race for those guys. No more and no less.

Keep in mind i'm talking about the members of the Birther Movement, not all Republicans.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't pay the birthers any mind. It's this simple: Obama is the wrong party, comes from the wrong city, and is the wrong race for those guys. No more and no less.

Keep in mind i'm talking about the members of the Birther Movement, not all Republicans.

The "birthers" are DEMOCRATS from the Hillary camp.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The "birthers" are DEMOCRATS from the Hillary camp.
Hey...if that helps you sleep at night. Me personally, i'd get a new mattress.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:53 AM

181 posts, read 849,527 times
Did Hillary's camp really bring it up first? I am not doubting it, just wondering what happened? Were they satisfied with the proof he offered? Do you have any links to verify this? TYIA.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Did Hillary's camp really bring it up first? I am not doubting it, just wondering what happened? Were they satisfied with the proof he offered? Do you have any links to verify this? TYIA.
YES!! It was the Hillary campaign that brought up the "natural born citizen" issue during the primaries. I expect that she did not run with it because Obama would have dragged out the "whitewater, insider trading, Bill rape coverup" issues.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
YES!! It was the Hillary campaign that brought up the "natural born citizen" issue during the primaries. I expect that she did not run with it because Obama would have dragged out the "whitewater, insider trading, Bill rape coverup" issues.
Wow..you're REALLY reaching now.

Uh...about that sleep thing.....LMAO!

Old 11-02-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Wow..you're REALLY reaching now.

Uh...about that sleep thing.....LMAO!
Nearly all liberals, as well as a few misguided conservatives, have sought to dismiss the “birther” movement as the product of right-wing retards barking up the wrong tree.

However, the entire issue of Barack Obama’s eligibility was first brought to the fore by lawyers acting on behalf of Hillary Rodham Clinton in 2008.

Specifically, Phil J. Berg, hardly a member of any vast right wing conspiracy, was an ardent supporter of Hillary Rodham Clinton, and her candidacy for the presidency.

Notwithstanding his liberal pedigree, Phil J. Berg was hot on the trail of one Barack Obama, because Berg wished to protect the American people from electing a non-citizen to the most powerful office in the world.

In August 2008, before Obama was officially nominated by the Democrat party, Mr. Berg filed a legal challenge to Obama’s constitutional eligibility to occupy the Oval Office.

On October 23, Mr. Berg filed a Motion to Expedite Resolution of Berg V. Obama, summarized directly below:

” This motion argues that the facts have been established that Barack Obama is not constitutionally qualified to be elected or serve as President of the United States, and that the Court should issue a summary judgment as follows:

* That Barack Hussein Obama a/k/a Barry Hussein Obama a/k/a Barack Dunham a/k/a Barry Dunham a/k/a Barack Soetoro a/k/a Barry Soetoro is not a “natural born” or “naturalized” United States citizen.
* That he is ineligible to run for and/or serve as President of the United States.
* That the Democratic National Committee be enjoined from naming Barack Hussein Obama, et al as the Democratic Presidential Candidate on the ballot.
* That the Democratic National Committee and Barack Hussein Obama, et al are enjoined from any further campaigning on behalf of Barack Hussein Obama, et al for Office of the Presidency.
* That Barack Hussein Obama’s, et al name be removed from any and all ballots for the Office of the President of the United States.”

There you go! The inconvenient truth is as follows: Hillary Clinton is the mother of all birthers!
Forgotten Truth: Hillary Clinton Mother of ‘Birther’ Movement!

Old 11-02-2010, 09:03 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Hey...if that helps you sleep at night. Me personally, i'd get a new mattress.
Here you go blinded Democrat.

"Investigations for my new book, Wingnuts, revealed that the Birther conspiracy theory was first concocted by renegade members of the original Obama haters, Party Unity My Ass, known more commonly by their acronym, the PUMAs. They were a splinter group of hard-core Hillary Clinton supporters who did not want to give up the ghost after the bitter 50-state Bataan Death March to the 2008 Democratic nomination."

The 'Birthers' Began on the Left - The Daily Beast
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies