Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 06:29 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
on the otherhand, once it gets to the supreme court it will be found unconstitutional
This Supreme Court, which decided Citizens United? You just may be right, Mr. Beale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 06:33 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
ROFLMAO ummm, the Constitution...I rest my case
No , who in the GOP said they could do it .
Fool .

Old 11-04-2010, 06:40 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,607 times
Originally Posted by delusianne
Oh, TP'ers. Your wishes and hopes are all sweet and lovely but you let your uglier sensibilities be exploited by the propaganda arm of this hate machine and now you see you were bait-and-switched.

Toldja!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Toldja what?

We've talked about this plenty of times on this board.

I guess you haven't learned the lesson yet. Take note of my posts.
Did the posters here think we thought the worst bill in history would go away in one election ? Did they think that ?
Its shocking sometimes .

Old 11-04-2010, 06:49 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
Did the posters here think we thought the worst bill in history would go away in one election ? Did they think that ?
Its shocking sometimes .
You don't want competitive health care, and you want the deficit to keep spiraling out of control. Yes, we saw this on Tuesday.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:25 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
Quote:
kat,

she was thanking the powersthatbe that obamy was elected, and with his election, she would not have to worry about those things......seems to me, she got a lot less than she had HOPED for with the CHANGE
OH ! ! ! she got the CHANGE alright. Now all she can do is HOPE the cure works.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:41 PM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
arent you two sweet to remind us of the blatantly obvious

now let me hip you two, and other liberals, to a dose of reality. yes we know that obamacare will not be repealed until the republicans have a super majority in congress and the white house, or a veto proof majority in congress, and that is likely not to happen for at least two years.

another bit of reality, the republicans were put into office with a mandate to stop the spending madness, and lower taxes for everybody. they also have a mandate to reduce regulations to get the economy going again.

but they are also on probation, which is why congress is divided like it is. if the republicans do what they said they would do, that is roll back obamacare, taxes, spending, etc. then they will be forcing the democrats to go along or block. if the democrats go along, then it is up to obama to go along or block. if congressional democrats go along, they will likely end up getting reelected in 2012, if they block, they may end up like a lot of democrats did yesterday, out of office. same with obama. if he goes along, he will likely be reelected in 2012, if not he is a one term president.

what the democrats have done in the last two years is wake the people up from their slumber, and we will be watching everything that congress does. if the republicans screw up, they will go the way of the whig party. if the democrats screw up, they will become a minority party for a while until they actually learn their lesson, like the republicans seem to have done.
Exactly!

Old 11-04-2010, 03:00 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I think you need some civic lessons as well.

Congress CAN pass a bill veto'd by the President with a 2/3 vote in both houses. While it is difficult to do, the process is there that allows it.

The buck does NOT stop at the President's desk. And that is in the Constitution as well.
thank you, I was about to say the same thing, not to mention, we all know to repeal it would be close to impossible, but to amend it with changes is apt to happen.

Nita

Old 11-04-2010, 04:15 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,545,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
arent you two sweet to remind us of the blatantly obvious

now let me hip you two, and other liberals, to a dose of reality. yes we know that obamacare will not be repealed until the republicans have a super majority in congress and the white house, or a veto proof majority in congress, and that is likely not to happen for at least two years.

another bit of reality, the republicans were put into office with a mandate to stop the spending madness, and lower taxes for everybody. they also have a mandate to reduce regulations to get the economy going again.

but they are also on probation, which is why congress is divided like it is. if the republicans do what they said they would do, that is roll back obamacare, taxes, spending, etc. then they will be forcing the democrats to go along or block. if the democrats go along, then it is up to obama to go along or block. if congressional democrats go along, they will likely end up getting reelected in 2012, if they block, they may end up like a lot of democrats did yesterday, out of office. same with obama. if he goes along, he will likely be reelected in 2012, if not he is a one term president.

what the democrats have done in the last two years is wake the people up from their slumber, and we will be watching everything that congress does. if the republicans screw up, they will go the way of the whig party. if the democrats screw up, they will become a minority party for a while until they actually learn their lesson, like the republicans seem to have done.
Let them think what they want. History will prove who is correct. What gets me is how all Democrats are experts on what Tea Party followers think and what they want. As long as they continue to do so, they'll continue to make mistakes.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:53 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
These impossible promises are going to backfire on the GOP, once the 'baggers realize it's a no go. Being stupid usually yields a tough and frustrating life, lol.
as i said, as long as the republicans put up bills to try to repeal the health care law, or defund it, and make the democrats block the efforts, or make obama veto the effort, the people will take into account that the republicans are at least making a solid effort to keep their promises. understand that the republicans are on probation now, and they have beed given a second chance to rein in government. if they make a proper effort, things will go well for them in 2012, if they dont, then it is very likely that by 2014 or 2016, that the republican party will be no more, and will be replaced by a more fiscally conservative party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
She didn't say Obama would pay for it, which is the title. She didn't say what you posted. She said: "I won't have to worry about putting gas in my car. I won't have to worry about paying my mortgage."
what she said was, and it has been a while since i watched the video,

i dont have to worry about paying my mortgage or putting gas in my car, cause obama is going to help me if i help him. sounds to me like she was expecting a government hand out after obama got elected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I am not stunned that you do not know the Constitution or have little morality. When is it moral to steal my money for your causes?
i am going to take you to task here, unless you know aspiesmom personally, i suggest you not attack her morality. she may be a liberal, and i may not agree with her positions on things, but as far as i know she is not a morally bankrupt person, just very liberal.

Quote:
aspie is probably correct in that the bill wont be repaeled by congress

on the otherhand, once it gets to the supreme court it will be found unconstitutional

the FEDERAL government can raise my taxes, and institute a new program(or ecxpand a program like medicade) for a singlepayer (very costly though, there is no way for us to pay for it, it would cost each tax payer about 20k a year)............................................. ...............but.......................the FEDERAL government CAN NOT MANDATE that the people BUY an INSURANCE policy from a PRIVATE companies or recieve a fine.......obamacare is UNCONSTITUTIONAL
dont count on the supreme court ruling the mandate unconstitutional as yet. remember that this is new territory for the supreme court, and they may rule that the mandate is constitutional. personally i dont think it is.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:07 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,454,719 times
Quote:
singlepayer (very costly though, there is no way for us to pay for it, it would cost each tax payer about 20k a year)
Actually we can if we end the failed wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (but then again both liberals and conservatives have been "bought and paid for by big business", this time by Defense contractors and conglomerates e.g. Xe, GE, Lockheed, etc.).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies