Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 02:44 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,245,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
If i were you, i'd check Dick Morris' comments before the 2006 and 2008 elections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 02:59 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,933,812 times
I would take anything that Dick Morris says with a gigantic grain of salt. If there is such a thing as a "person without a soul" , it's Dick Morris. A political chameoleon, if there ever was one..

Old 11-04-2010, 06:39 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,573,632 times
Morris stated several months ago that the Republicans would take over the House and dramatically close the gap in the Senate.

He nailed it---game over & case closed.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:45 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,595,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post

You don't know what you are talking about! Morris is a political demi-god. I hated the man when he worked for Clinton but I never underestimated him. He is ten times smarter than Carl Rove, the mane the media called "The Brain". Make no mistake. Morris knows exactly what he is talking about. This is not even a hard call. Some states lost representatives. They will make sure that it is Democrate seats that get cut. Some states gained representatives. They will draw up new discticts in Republican heavy areas.

I read Morris' book "Because He Could" which was a repudiation of Bill Clinton's "My Life". Man, if you ever wondered what when on behind closed doors in the Clinton White House that is the book to read. Highly recommend it.
First, I was joking on this specific point, and agree that he has something to offer, but he is often wrong. The latest was that he was sure that the Republicans would win enough seats to have a majority in the senate which included his prediction that Reid would lose.

His views on the Clintons are indeed quite interesting.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:51 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,553,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Morris stated several months ago that the Republicans would take over the House and dramatically close the gap in the Senate.

He nailed it---game over & case closed.
but then every one knew that was going to happen.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:53 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,784,250 times
Quote:
You cannot really do that. There are too many changes in demographics to do that. The district I live in was very Republican only 15 years ago. Our Congressman was Bob Barr for many years. Now it is almost 60+ percent Democrat and our Congressman is David Scott. Most of the local office holders are either new Democrats or old Republicans that turned Democrat because they saw the writing on the wall. So if you design a district today for either party, demographics will change it back in short order. The fact is that there are not enough old white people around to make most districts Republican. Another problem they will have is, if they tamper with minority districts much, there will be lawsuits brought under the Voting Rights Act.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:55 PM

487 posts, read 637,059 times
Oh, because Democrats have NEVER redistricted with the purpose of allocating poor people to middle class districts right?

Last edited by dusk99; 11-04-2010 at 08:11 PM..

Old 11-04-2010, 07:55 PM

38,006 posts, read 22,193,086 times
Quote:
The amount of seats the republicans took were huge, even without redistricting it would take years to try and turn the house over. That goes for all over the country, 680 seats were flipped to republicans nation-wide:

Republicans picked up 680 seats in state legislatures, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures -- an all time high. To put that number in perspective: In the 1994 GOP wave, Republicans picked up 472 seats. The previous record was in the post-Watergate election of 1974, when Democrats picked up 628 seats.

Republicans Pick Up 680 Seats At State Level

Old 11-04-2010, 07:56 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,191,292 times
Freaking unbelievable.

It's the end of the 1st Decade of the 21st Century and we have computer software crap for everything on the Planet, except redistricting states based on population.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:59 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,784,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, it's not just a function of redistricting.

Since so many Blue Dogs were tossed out, it just stands to reason that voters in those districts will never again make the same mistake.

Without moderate democrats, there is NO CHANCE the democrats can get control of congress again.

That's why I snicker when we hear lefties saying good riddance to the Blue Dogs - I guess it hasn't struck them the Blue Dogs gave them their only chance at a majority.
The blue dogs are DINOs. Better to be RIGHT than have a majority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies