Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 10:09 AM

7,788 posts, read 8,034,504 times

Advertisements

I had ins when I had skin cancer in 87, my ins paid the two grand to remove it and raised my premium from 300 to 1800 a month.I Could not afford it and haven't had ins since. but thanks to obamacare I can get new ins and they must except me except I cant afford 2 grand a month, so I get fined instead.I feel like such a winner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 10:13 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,109,872 times
Default Obamacare Repeal: Let's Get Ready to Rumble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Repealing health "care" would would be a top priority to me. And millions of other Americans.

And if repubs do try and overturn it. Democrats are certain to block it. And will will be speaking the truth when they say democrats are obstructing it.

Then in 2012, enough candidates, including the president, will be elcted to overturn it. And it will be overthrown.

And there are no best parts of that bill. It is a complete disaster. **

By the way, overturning the health "care" law will benefit corporations. It will benefit everyone. Including the poor.
**Thank you! It is good to see at least one poster on CD has good sense and an understanding of the healthcare bill. It should never have been passed, and probably wouldn't have if the Congressmen would have read it.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:16 AM

20,836 posts, read 17,115,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I had ins when I had skin cancer in 87, my ins paid the two grand to remove it and raised my premium from 300 to 1800 a month.I Could not afford it and haven't had ins since. but thanks to obamacare I can get new ins and they must except me except I cant afford 2 grand a month, so I get fined instead.I feel like such a winner
Fact Sheet

Old 11-06-2010, 10:16 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,839,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Repealing health "care" would would be a top priority to me. And millions of other Americans.

And if repubs do try and overturn it. Democrats are certain to block it. And will will be speaking the truth when they say democrats are obstructing it.

Then in 2012, enough candidates, including the president, will be elcted to overturn it. And it will be overthrown.

And there are no best parts of that bill. It is a complete disaster.

By the way, overturning the health "care" law will benefit corporations. It will benefit everyone. Including the poor.
I hate the part about pre-existing conditions not being an obstruction for coverage. I mean, if you've had cancer before, do you really need insurance now? Come on, millions of American People. Join together and deny that person healthcare. If you don't, it will be a complete disaster. For those who have never been sick, that is.

I agree with this poster. No care is better than some care for those who need it the most. Look, you guys need to take a look at the big picture. If you don't offer care to the poor, the poor will die faster than the rich. After a while the country will only be full of rich people. THe country...will be full of W1N.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Explain how it will benefit me, and the millions of others with preexisting conditions. I am a colon cancer survivor... No company will touch me on the private market. I am also self employed, with my own business. Please tell me, since you are obviously an expert, how I am benefiting by repealing the law...
It will benefit you because you won't have to pay out the tax money it will take to insure everyone on welfare that doesn't have insurance. If it is repealed, it will benefit you because the government wouldn't be able to look into your bank account, as they can with the passage of the bill. Illegals will also have health insurance, and your tax dollars will be paying for it. There ain't no free lunch, someone is going to have to pay one way or another. Being self employed and not having health care is tough, but that is a choice you made before you had cancer, back when you could have bought health insurance and didn't. I know how it works, before I retired, I was self employed too.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:24 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I hate the part about pre-existing conditions not being an obstruction for coverage. I mean, if you've had cancer before, do you really need insurance now? Come on, millions of American People. Join together and deny that person healthcare. If you don't, it will be a complete disaster.

For those who have never been sick, that is.

I agree with this poster. No care is better than some care for those who need it the most.
As someone on the second round of Cancer recovery, yes I can see where someone would need insurance for that. The first time thru, with a very good private plan, maximums were reached and it nearly destroyed me economically. This time, I am fortunate to have VA, but if I didn't, I would be very happy that maximum ins coverages would not be reached, again.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:26 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,539,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
It will benefit you because you won't have to pay out the tax money it will take to insure everyone on welfare that doesn't have insurance. If it is repealed, it will benefit you because the government wouldn't be able to look into your bank account, as they can with the passage of the bill. Illegals will also have health insurance, and your tax dollars will be paying for it. There ain't no free lunch, someone is going to have to pay one way or another. Being self employed and not having health care is tough, but that is a choice you made before you had cancer, back when you could have bought health insurance and didn't. I know how it works, before I retired, I was self employed too.

Show me in the bill where government can look into your bank account. I dare you.

Show me in the bill where illegals will have health insurance they don't pay for. I dare you.

Show me how repealing health care reform will result in a lowering of your taxes. I dare you.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Wake up, Wake up.....you are DREAMING! The dems hav been obstructing the will of the people for two years!!!

But they can de-fund the mess of a healthcare bill and hopefully, as more Republicans are in office and Obummer is gone, the bill can be re-written. We do need healthcare, but the crap obummer passed is a mistake and is only costing this country more. Not to mention the fact that even his own administration does not know what is actually in the entire bill!!

As a conservative republican, I certainly hope it is a TOP priority of MY elected officials to get rid of Obummer. To me, that needs to remain in the top at all times. He is a destroyer of this great country and everything that I value.
Thank you! I agree 100%. If Obama stays in office he will ruin our country, he has already hurt it badly. If you doubt his intentions read the book "The Roots Of Obama's Rage" you will understand why he hates America and the west and wants to change things.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:33 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I hate the part about pre-existing conditions not being an obstruction for coverage. I mean, if you've had cancer before, do you really need insurance now? Come on, millions of American People. Join together and deny that person healthcare. If you don't, it will be a complete disaster. For those who have never been sick, that is.

I agree with this poster. No care is better than some care for those who need it the most. Look, you guys need to take a look at the big picture. If you don't offer care to the poor, the poor will die faster than the rich. After a while the country will only be full of rich people. THe country...will be full of W1N.
Thanks, can I use this picture with my "GOP Gloat" campaign? It's a good one. My last was just, verbalizing how Friday's employment report was so good, because of the big GOP win in the election. That got a lot of response. This will be good as well.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:34 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,672,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
The GOP has no intention of actually repealing the health care reforms. They know, as you should, that they can never get it past the Senate or past a Presidential veto. Not only that, but they certainly don't want to go into 2012 painted as being against the best parts of that bill. They're not entirely stupid, you know?

What they DO intend is to posture and pass meaningless bills for your consumption. They'll "try" to pass it, then make a lot of noise about how the Democrats, liberals and progressives are killing it when, in fact, it would be their worst nightmare if it did pass. Of course, most of their supporters will swallow the lie, just as they've just gotten through swallowing a pack of them. Beck and Rush will scream and yell about how the Democrats are "obstructing" the will of The People and the crowd will respond with Pavlovian predictability.

Don't think so? If you don't believe this is about to happen, you have to totally ignore everything the new Republican leaders have been saying since election which should make it abundantly clear to anyone that their first, and ONLY priority is still Barack Obama, not you, not the Tea Party agenda and certainly not anything which will harm their corporate buddies.
Oh you mean the GOP will do the same thing the DEMS did under Bush...pass meaningless resolutions and blame the GOP.

We can only hope Pelosi gets the minority leadership so she can provide more seats to the GOP in 2012.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies