Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 06:59 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,447 times

Advertisements

Dollar Drops Most in Four Weeks as Fed to Pump Money into Financial System - Bloomberg

Maybe I missed it, but the fed just bought $600 million dollars worth of treasuries and the forum seems to be bickering about petty bull****. So keep pulling the wool folks. The boogey man on the other side is gonna be the end of this country. How long until folks wise up and realize that there isn't another side in the false dichotomy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 07:57 AM

Im gonna keep bumping my thread until the TEA partiers pick this up...
The fed is printing money like crazy and nobody seems to be noticing. Where is the spirit of the TEA party? Has it ironically died within 48 hours?

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke has announced an additional round of “quantitative easing,” or increasing the money supply in an attempt to boost the economy.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: Dick Armey and Matt Kibbe: Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke's bailout redux | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columns/OpEd-Contributor/Dick-Armey-and-Matt-Kibbe-Fed-Chairman-Ben-Bernanke--106757079.html#ixzz14Vi4CIqV - broken link)

Old 11-06-2010, 08:01 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
Dollar Drops Most in Four Weeks as Fed to Pump Money into Financial System - Bloomberg

Maybe I missed it, but the fed just bought $600 million dollars worth of treasuries and the forum seems to be bickering about petty bull****. So keep pulling the wool folks. The boogey man on the other side is gonna be the end of this country. How long until folks wise up and realize that there isn't another side in the false dichotomy?

That's $600 billion.

I hope everyone has farmland, plenty of weapons and ammo, and a clean supply of water.

Urban dwellers may have a difficult time of it.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:09 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,095,507 times
Just as the question was posed before...you can't do multiple things at once to a behemoth economy. You can recover the economy. You can inject liquidity. You can force a base to a free fall. You can prop up bad banks/business'. You can put in place regulations and firewalls to keep from another apocalypse from happening. You can rev-up the engine of the economy. You can start to rejuvenate the lower/middle class cash flow model by creating jobs.

But you can't do all of those things at once. The question was, which one do you want? A temporary solution or something to build on and not put us on the edge of another abyss within the next 5-7 years?

The TEA party, Republican's and those who fell for the fear mongering chose .... poorly.

I'm cocked & locked ready to go w/ a pretty much self sustaining set-up. Not so sure about the rest of you. Oh, well.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
That's $600 billion.

I hope everyone has farmland, plenty of weapons and ammo, and a clean supply of water.

Urban dwellers may have a difficult time of it.
Good catch Hawkeye2009...Six Hundred Billion (600,000,000,000) not million per my typo.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:17 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
Good catch Hawkeye2009...Six Hundred Billion (600,000,000,000) not million per my typo.

It is the content that is important, not typos, and the message is clear and disturbing.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:18 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Ahh, the Beck Manifesto. Watch out, you only have about 12 more days!

Old 11-06-2010, 08:18 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
CPI inflation calculator

Quote:
Over the last 12 months, the index for all items less food and energy rose 0.8 percent, the lowest 12-month increase since March
1961, with the shelter component down 0.4 percent. The food index rose 1.4 percent, with both the food at home index and food
away from home index rising the same 1.4 percent. The energy index rose 3.8 percent over the last year, with gasoline up 5.1
percent.
http://www.bls.gov/cpi/cpid1009.pdf

That's a pretty low rate of inflation for one year. It actually looks like it's starting to go backwards when you dig deeper. Deflation wouldn't be cool now unless you have piles and piles of cash.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Just as the question was posed before...you can't do multiple things at once to a behemoth economy. You can recover the economy. You can inject liquidity. You can force a base to a free fall. You can prop up bad banks/business'. You can put in place regulations and firewalls to keep from another apocalypse from happening. You can rev-up the engine of the economy. You can start to rejuvenate the lower/middle class cash flow model by creating jobs.

But you can't do all of those things at once. The question was, which one do you want? A temporary solution or something to build on and not put us on the edge of another abyss within the next 5-7 years?

The TEA party, Republican's and those who fell for the fear mongering chose .... poorly.

I'm cocked & locked ready to go w/ a pretty much self sustaining set-up. Not so sure about the rest of you. Oh, well.
Why is the general response being cocked and loaded? Sounds more cocked then anything. How about an audit of the fed and the money that is going out (or spent) without a militant response?

Or how about a response at all from the mainstream press?

I'm tired of the whackos. I want answers not politics.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:42 AM

1,013 posts, read 910,396 times
Quote:
Exactly. But as you can see investors are panicking and buying up silver and gold. notice gold near 1400 again and silver 26-27 dollars?

BTW the sarah palin tea parties are the fake tea parties that want war.

The Ron Paul tea parties are the real ones that want to end the fed and fake money printing.

I hope people can tell the difference and not keep being sheep.

Those in the rep/dem that will end wars and kill the fed are good in my book.

I already said the elections are meaningless. Only a handful of decent candidates went in, most of the rep/dem that went back to power are the same old same old.
People have to stop voting for what ever and do research and vote for 3rd parties. But its too much to ask them to stop being lazy.
But lets hope the good ones they can make a splash, though not likely.

In the end both sides are still bad with only a handful of decent candidates with principle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies