Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 11:35 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times

Advertisements

One thing is for sure---we had no other terrorists attacks when Bush was in office. Since Obama has been in we had the Times Square guy, the underwear guy, and the Ft. Hood guy. Only by pure luck and incompetence the first 2 didn't work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 12:37 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
ok, he had Fox... I'm no math genius, but 1 channel does not equal "half"
i need proof of many conservatives media outlets that actually disagreed with him that has a large following and influences its base

Old 11-10-2010, 12:39 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
One thing is for sure---we had no other terrorists attacks when Bush was in office. Since Obama has been in we had the Times Square guy, the underwear guy, and the Ft. Hood guy. Only by pure luck and incompetence the first 2 didn't work.
doesn't prove anything and conservatives wished for terror attacks and they got their wish

Old 11-10-2010, 12:53 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
doesn't prove anything and conservatives wished for terror attacks and they got their wish
Only Obama didn't directly call them terror attacks for the same reasons he won't call it the war on terror.

We never wished anything, other than him full filling his promise on bringing our troops home from Iraq.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:46 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
i need proof of many conservatives media outlets that actually disagreed with him that has a large following and influences its base
The New American Magazine

American Conservative Magazine

I'm sure there were plenty of others.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:21 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,452 times
Quote:
This is just a case of reality in today's society. If a (hometown) football team is doing well, then the QB is doing well. If the weather is great, then the weatherman is great. You don't start to really hear the criticism until things go bad. I know that there are critical statements, articles, comments, etc. at all times... but they get drowned out during the good times. Nobody is going to listen to the 1 skeptic.
Ron Paul was a lone wolf in this regard. Did you watch the 2008 GOP debates? He was attacked at all angles, and cornered by the other candidates.
It's like those toothpaste commercials: 4 out of 5 dentists recommend Colgate... Ok, but what about the 5th dentist? What does he say? I want to know!

Old 11-10-2010, 05:12 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
He had most people in his corner right after 9/11. He really did a good job on that.
Hey, just protecting his base - 7 ways!

Spoliator Extraordinaire!

"1. Saddam Hussein was removed as an obstacle to the oil industry, which the Bush crime family is heavily invested in, getting control of Iraq's "suddenly uprated" oil supplies.

2. The demolition of WTC7, which was executed under cover of the attacks, meant that records supporting the SEC's case against Enron, which Bush's longstanding friendship with Enron CEO Ken Lay left him susceptible to was, in an instant, vaporized.

3. CIA records, which could easily have included the G.H. W. Bush's longstanding covert CIA activities were, similarly, vaporized in an instant.

4. Bush was able to begin what is now known to be an illegal war against Iraq, in which he not only got access to Iraq's oilfields, but that Cheney's KBR and Halliburton scammed billions of dollars by allegedly "rebuilding" it.

5. The illegal invasion of Iraq also allowed Cheney's companies to make billions of dollars by "supporting" the US and allied militaries. (Some of that "support," of course, included poisoning and electrocuting US warriors.)

6. Bush got to implement the PATRIOT Act, which gave him an extraordinary amount of personal control by fiat over the country's society, commerce and economy.

7. Bush's War on Terror scared people into re-electing him for a second term."

7 ways Bush benefited from 911 - National Human Rights | Examiner.com

Old 11-10-2010, 05:14 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
A lot of people think the same thing about Bush. I think he was a good president. he was never going to win over the liberals or the media, especially after the recount vs Gore.
He was the perfect president to have for 9-11. I'm sure that his father helped him out directly or indirectly (past experiences, etc.)

Notice his comment about speaking publicly. get to the point, & keep it simple. He is right when he says that that is a better way to communicate to the people. People knew where he was coming from. And, he gave us a few laughs along the way

I doubt Dad offered any immediate advice as he was in a business meeting with the Bin Laden family when the planes struck the WTC.

But, maybe it was his suggestion to let a plane fly around the country picking up members of the Saudi royal family and Bin Laden's before taking them back to Saudi Arabia while every other plane was grounded.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:16 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
He had most people in his corner right after 9/11. He really did a good job on that.

Yes he did. Then, sadly, he dropped the ball by telling us to go to the mall rather than issuing a call to arms.

Everything which has happened in our wars, and will happen, flows from that unescapable failure of leadership.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:28 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
WOW, it is so interesting. Hearing Bush's take on things. I will definitely buy his book for a Christmas present for my hubby.
Hannity interview? You are doing that on purpose? Bush is doing several interviews, I am sure you could find on a little more fair and balanced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies