Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 11:36 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

As the old dog guards, led by pelosi, who just so happens to be responsible for the worst electoral defeat the dems have suffered in decades, try and hold on, cling to power.

Room at the top? Not for new Dems - TheHill.com

Quote:
A younger generation of Democrats is chafing at being asked to stand aside and let a triumvirate of elders keep their leadership positions in the wake of a catastrophic midterm election result.

Another aide said the old guard’s stranglehold on the Democratic upper ranks has caused grumbling among younger members.

“The results of the election definitely indicated a need for fresh faces in the party leadership, and that’s what members are frustrated about,” the aide said.
Well, what are these young whippersnappers thinking? Just because they suffered a humiliating defeat, across the country, why should the leaders who wrought the carnage have to step down?

Just like with obamacare, pelosi and her minions are trying to rush through the vote, trying to shove it down their throats.

Democrats want leadership elections delayed – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Quote:
Two House Democrats are circulating a letter asking Democratic leaders to push their party's leadership elections for the next Congress until December.

Reps. Marcy Kaptur (D- Ohio) and Peter Defazio (D-Oregon) say in the letter that the "historic results" of the Democrat's 60-seat loss in the House is one reason to push back leadership selection.
Read the letter.

They suggest the leadership cannot ignore the results of Tuesday's historic election.

I beg to differ with them, they can and WILL ignore the results and the message, just as obama is trying to do.

Clueless on the shellacking;

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...ng_107904.html

Quote:
The president's self-diagnosis in his post-election news conference was dominated by the assessment that voters had simply failed to grasp -- and that his failure lay chiefly in explaining clearly enough -- why the administration took the steps it did.

If only the poor dears had a better grasp.

It would be nice to see some recognition that what we have here is not only a failure to communicate.
Remember, obama gave 50+ speeches on obamacare.

Marcus is a big time Lib.

The little civil war in the democrat party is just wonderful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 11:44 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
But nothing in comparision of the circular firing squad the Republican Party is going to have for the next two years in Congress and during the presidential primary season.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:57 AM

952 posts, read 942,714 times
Originally Posted by sanrene

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
But nothing in comparision of the circular firing squad the Republican Party is going to have for the next two years in Congress and during the presidential primary season.

that's why I was determined to vote Libertarian

but I got confused

....and voted Vegetarian

WTH!

Old 11-10-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Oh, I disagree. In contrast, the GOP leadership has WELCOMED some young TP members into the fold, giving them positions of leadership, which is really unprecedented.

GOP Leaders Give Freshmen More Say - Washington Wire - WSJ

Quote:
In a nod to the strength of their newest constituency, House Republican leaders will grant incoming freshmen more say in the party’s direction than most first-term lawmakers receive.

House Republican Leader John Boehner and his No. 2, party Whip Eric Cantor, will notify newly elected Republicans Tuesday that one member of their class will get a seat at the leadership table and another two will be given spots on the Steering Committee, which decides committee assignments and chairmanships in the new Congress.
This is how it should be, not like what the old dinosaurs in the dem party are trying to do.

Old 11-10-2010, 12:24 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
The old line Republicans are bribing the Tea Party newbies with meaningless positions. That is called co-opting and was expected.

Old 11-10-2010, 12:27 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
The radicals of the 60's and 70's are old now, what can you say.
It is after all, their plan.

Old 11-10-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The old line Republicans are bribing the Tea Party newbies with meaningless positions. That is called co-opting and was expected.
Meaningless? Really? I can't even imagine what you think of the old line dems and their shut out of young dems then.

I look at it as the GOP welcoming a segment of the caucus that will make a difference.

Dems didn't do that in 2006/2008 cause they were really just using the Blue Dogs to advance their agenda.

Old 11-10-2010, 12:55 PM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
As the old dog guards, led by pelosi, who just so happens to be responsible for the worst electoral defeat the dems have suffered in decades, try and hold on, cling to power.

Room at the top? Not for new Dems - TheHill.com

Well, what are these young whippersnappers thinking? Just because they suffered a humiliating defeat, across the country, why should the leaders who wrought the carnage have to step down?

Just like with obamacare, pelosi and her minions are trying to rush through the vote, trying to shove it down their throats.

Democrats want leadership elections delayed – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Read the letter.

They suggest the leadership cannot ignore the results of Tuesday's historic election.

I beg to differ with them, they can and WILL ignore the results and the message, just as obama is trying to do.

Clueless on the shellacking;

RealClearPolitics - Clueless on a Shellacking

Remember, obama gave 50+ speeches on obamacare.

Marcus is a big time Lib.

I don't think anything is new here.

As I recall the dems held congress for 40 years before Newt and his colleagues took over. In those 40 years I don't believe one freshman ever introduced, much less got a bill passed.

You have to pay your dues as they say. You have to do what the leadership tells you to do, vote how they say or they will not help you get re-elected.

I believe Sonny Bono was the first ever freshman to introduce and get it passed.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:14 PM

952 posts, read 942,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

As I recall the dems held congress for 40 years before Newt and his colleagues took over. In those 40 years I don't believe one freshman ever introduced, much less got a bill passed.

You have to pay your dues as they say. You have to do what the leadership tells you to do, vote how they say or they will not help you get re-elected.

I believe Sonny Bono was the first ever freshman to introduce and get it passed.

...and look how he ended up!

WTH!

Old 11-12-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
But it is..for the GOP. A seat at the leadership table and on the steering committee. The TP "caucus" is approximately 80 strong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies