Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 12:47 PM

159 posts, read 355,914 times

Advertisements

They absolutely have souls. Each of our animals not only has a soul, but each also has their own personalities as well.

I agree with AJ in that animals are what people should aspire to be. They give unconditional love, don't judge based on financial or social status, appearance, etc.

I have to believe that one day when my time comes I will be reunited with all of my fur babies and we will cross the Rainbow Bridge together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2007, 09:44 AM

799 posts, read 2,170,508 times
My pet ratties are as loving and smart as any dog. I personally think they make the best pets. They litter train themselves, they go in the corner of their cage, as they do not want to mess their cage. I never taught them this, they do it on their own. I have had 3 sets of rats now.
The girls I have give such unconditional love. I get kisses, and they always want me.
I rescued a little boy from a pet store who was injured and am hoping he will be okay after I took him to a vet.
If you want a pet that's as smart as a dog or a cat, and easy to care for, rats are unbelievable. Sometimes, their intelligence shocks me.

I think they are lil angels...

Old 08-26-2007, 02:43 PM

86 posts, read 267,975 times
My condolences to Meredith...

No one seems to have taken up the idea that I have--animals not only HAVE souls, they are much further enlightened souls than humans. Think of how badly humans treat animals and think of how even the smallest animal could hurt/kill a human, and how many actually do? Animals are where you get to go when you finally get it RIGHT! Then you can help enlighten some other poor human soul.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:07 PM

180 posts, read 957,914 times
I am an american indian. My teachings tell me that they do have spirits (or souls if you prefer). We are taught that the creatures of the earth are another race of beings with their own customs and cultures. We are the five fingered humans and are taught to learn and live with the animals. They are born with the inherent knowledge that we need them to live. For all things, including teachings, messages, food and supplies.

Many of the old teachings have been left behind now. But I still believe these old things and that the creatures have spirits. I do not call the fourlegged ones or the winged ones that live with me pets. They are my family members and are given that respect accordingly. However, I am in charge of this home.

Yes, they have souls. Sweet souls that carry love and an abiding loyalty. We'll meet them again in the Land of Bright Rays.

Blessings,
TW

Old 08-28-2007, 12:19 PM

86 posts, read 267,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplewillow View Post
I am an american indian. My teachings tell me that they do have spirits (or souls if you prefer). We are taught that the creatures of the earth are another race of beings with their own customs and cultures. We are the five fingered humans and are taught to learn and live with the animals. They are born with the inherent knowledge that we need them to live. For all things, including teachings, messages, food and supplies.

Many of the old teachings have been left behind now. But I still believe these old things and that the creatures have spirits. I do not call the fourlegged ones or the winged ones that live with me pets. They are my family members and are given that respect accordingly. However, I am in charge of this home.

Yes, they have souls. Sweet souls that carry love and an abiding loyalty. We'll meet them again in the Land of Bright Rays.

Blessings,
TW

I like your beliefs even better than my own! I think I will study what I can of your beliefs!

Old 08-28-2007, 03:48 PM

180 posts, read 957,914 times
Feel free to PM me Rutha. I am always willing to share my culture to help dispel the prevailing myths about it. But this teaching regarding the creatures is very close to my heart!

Old 09-14-2007, 06:47 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,650,081 times
of course they do!

Old 09-14-2007, 08:16 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,955,393 times
If the OP is asking if animals have the same Soul or Spirit which humans have which God uses to draw men to him for communication, fellowship and spirituality, the answer is absolutely NO. I believe if animals and humans share the same Souls and communitate with the same invisible God, then humans and animals would worship God in the same manner. Also, humans would universally agree that humans and animals share the same souls, and that is not the case. For example, universally all human beings "know" when we see another human being, regardless of what country or race they are that they share certain human characteristics with us, one of which is a human spirit or soul. Now, humans do not conscentiously think about that, but all humans "know" that they share the same soul with every other human they see or come in contact with. Humans do not share that same "knowledge" with animals. Therefore, until the day I see any animal show any signs that it is bowing down, praying, or honoring God in any form or fashion, I have to believe that animals do not have Souls.

Now, animals may have some type of Soul, or may rest in some type of paradise for animals, but I do not believe that their souls and humans go to the same paradise or heaven, whichever you prefer to call it.

Old 09-16-2007, 12:01 AM

417 posts, read 1,283,306 times
< Isaiah 11:6 >
King James Bible
The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

I like to think that this is more than a parable and that heaven will hold the creatures of earth. The only problem is that I have had so many cats throughout my lifetime that there wouldn't be any room for me.

Old 09-17-2007, 03:06 PM

726 posts, read 1,230,813 times
Lisa,
If I had to raise and slaughter beef/pork/chickens for my own consumption, I know I would be vegetarian. I could not do it. I am a hypocrite.
That being said, I do believe all things have "consciousness" on/at some level. Just because, in our limited perception, we may not be able to recognize where/what that level of consciousness is, does not mean it isn't there.
Pets are friends that offer unlimited love & loyalty. I have always been treated well by my pets. That's more then I can say for the treatment by my "fellow- human's".
Muse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies