Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 08:52 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times

Advertisements

Cutting tax rates can increase revenue IF the starting tax rate is to the right of t* on the Laffer Curve. Right-wingers invariably think that it is; they rarely explain or attempt to argue why it must be so, because most of them have never heard of Arthur Laffer, and get their economics lessons straight--I mean, garbled--from Rush Limbaugh.

Last edited by djacques; 11-12-2010 at 09:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 09:01 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default Excellent post; a voice of reason amidst the madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Excellent post and spot on! In fact the message here is far more substantive and correct than anything that I've read here from the Right in 3 years. Good stuff! Great to be among the most enlightened in this country.

Old 11-12-2010, 09:38 PM

472 posts, read 855,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Excellent post and spot on! In fact the message here is far more substantive and correct than anything that I've read here from the Right in 3 years. Good stuff! Great to be among the most enlightened in this country.
You can keep your "enlightened" title if it makes you feel better knowing we still whooped your az-kaban.

Epically, I think one poster said. I like that word, "epically."

Old 11-12-2010, 10:02 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post

So the Tea Partiers will get theirs now? Will they vanish or be banished? Will they suffer under a ruling like Pontius Pilot? Where should they run to? I just need to know, so I can tell my neighbors, thanks

Old 11-12-2010, 10:31 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
So the Tea Partiers will get theirs now? Will they vanish or be banished? Will they suffer under a ruling like Pontius Pilot? Where should they run to? I just need to know, so I can tell my neighbors, thanks
They are all going to drift away on Government-provided medical marijuana.

They say it cures everything!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=832gxTtFIB8

Last edited by ergohead; 11-12-2010 at 11:00 PM..

Old 11-12-2010, 10:35 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,931,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Yes they will.

They will get their Social Security benefits cut while the richest 2% of American's get their tax cuts.

They will get public education cuts while GOP lawmakers work to undo the regulations put on Wall St to prevent another debacle.

They will get less jobs due to less government spending on infrastructure.

They will get more billion dollar, ego driven, military adventures.

They'll get lawmakers even more in bed with corporate lobbyists..

Poor fools.
Thank God we won't get more Hopeless Change.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:44 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Attention liberals:

When you come across a statement such as this "Now, the fact is, tax cuts do not create deficits ..."

Stop reading.......You are wasting your time....They are too far gone....lol
The rabbit hole is getting deeper and deeper! Cheney said that "defecits don't matter." I'm sure I saw it posted in P & OC. Would he lie, I ask you?

Old 11-12-2010, 10:55 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
They are all going to drift away on Government provided medical marijuana.

They say it cures everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=832gxTtFIB8
Ok, thanks, I'll let the neighbors know

Old 11-12-2010, 11:30 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I can't figure it out either. Do they want everything run and provided by the government? Do they think we can just keep printing paper money and spending beyond what we're taking in?

I just don't understand what kind of behemoth, besides the one we have now, they are looking for.

Their answer is always the same - tax more to pay for increased spending, but where does the spending end?
As usual you can't stop providing false arguments.

Why were we spending again? Could it have been the SAME REASON Bush spent near the end of his term? Why was that again? Care to discuss that, or is that too much for you to handle?

Apparently you're also fine with cutting taxes and borrowing money to spend for fake wars on terror. You'll never complain about that, that's all fine n' dandy. You'll also never make a peep about the largest expansion of Medicare in history brought to you by your hero Bush. Nor will we hear you complain about him doubling the debt. Nary a peep, ever about that. But deficit spend as means to stop our country from going down the toilet? Well you can't have any of that. But the problem is, that you don't really say that. You label it as something else (which is dishonest) and then argue against that.

Please tell us all what would we be talking about today if our government had not stepped in to save us from the disaster that capitalism created?

The answer is you can't, because that would require you to be honest in your assessment. Something you are totally incapable of doing.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:32 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post

Too bad they aren't interested in reading it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies