Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 07:14 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times

Advertisements

Communists Sue Democratic Party For Stealing Platform : The Current Truth

First of all, I like how the communist party is using a concept typically reserved for private entities to preserve intellectual property rights. Second, well need I tell you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 08:07 AM

470 posts, read 461,795 times
I see this thread is going to be left to die a silent death. I wonder why..

I knew that the current agenda was the Communist agenda from day 1. This speaks volumes about this administrations intentions and there is absolutely no argument against it. Stick a fork in them, they are cooked!

Old 04-13-2010, 08:12 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post

First of all, I like how the communist party is using a concept typically reserved for private entities to preserve intellectual property rights. Second, well need I tell you?
The law suit will not be allowed. however it is interesting to see what the democrats say about it. probably nothing.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:13 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:

Holy Batschit!

What is obvious, is not novel.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:19 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db1025 View Post
I see this thread is going to be left to die a silent death. I wonder why..
lmao, how about because it's an absolute lie. The CPUSA is not suing the Democratic Party for intellectual property theft, hahahah, they think the Democrats are a bunch of centrist neoliberals. This reads like an April Fool's article, but I enjoy how readily you all believed it.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:20 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
lmao, how about because it's an absolute lie. The CPUSA is not suing the Democratic Party for intellectual property theft, hahahah, they think the Democrats are a bunch of centrist neoliberals. This reads like an April Fool's article, but I enjoy how readily you all believed it.
Cool, so you have a story to refute it? Cite?

Old 04-13-2010, 08:24 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,373,731 times
"They stole our entire platform, rebranded it 'progressive"

Even the Communists agree with the Tea Party that Obama and hinchpeople are commies.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Cool, so you have a story to refute it? Cite?
How about the fact that this story is nowhere else, or the fact that absolutely no CPUSA members are named. This information is nowhere on the CPUSA website.

I offer this story for your approval, by the same poster of your original story:

China Says U.S. Too Big To Fail, Offers Obama Bailout : The Current Truth

Quote:
"If the U.S.economy collapses, so will China because we are so heavily invested in your country," said Wen Jiabao. "We thought we were investing in a nation of the world's greatest entrepreneurs, but a recent analysis shows that America has become little more than a home to overpaid union workers, whiney media, and spoiled welfare recipients. Our fears were confirmed last year when Americans elected you, Mr. Obama, as their president. But, to use one of your own expressions, America is too big to fail and so we will have to bail you out. This is no longer your decision. As your biggest creditor, we will now decide how to get the best return on our investment. You got elected on a vague promise of change; now we're giving you the specifics."

Mr. Obama was then given the following list of changes designed to fix America:

Replace all regulatory czars with one mandarin of deregulation.
Build the Great Wall on the Mexican border; it will employ at least 10 million people.
Send 4.5 million troops to Afghanistan with a two-week victory plan.
Crush the pesky Islamic extremists with a single wave of soldiers from Pakistan to Morocco. There will be no detainees. All suspects will be executed on the spot.
Unilaterally institute a pro-American foreign policy. Make your national self-interest a priority, for crying out loud.
Cancel all foreign aid. Retrain ACORN employees as small business instructors and ship them to third world countries with one-way tickets. Let them earn their keep by promoting the private sector and developing consumer markets for American products.
Sell off Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac to the highest bidder with a special "buy one, get one free" incentive. Eliminate subprime mortgage programs.
Begin immediate drilling for oil in ANWR, complete with a caribou meatpacking plant to feed the arriving workers.
Disband EPA. Drop restrictions on energy and coal mining. If you want cleaner air, build nuclear plants.
Remove "endangered species protections" from animals and give them to producers of American wealth.
China will take title to all national parks and develop them into industrial and housing projects. Grizzly bears make tasty char siu and pandas attract more paying visitors anyway.
Cut taxes and eliminate government programs including welfare and food stamps. Those willing to eat must wash dishes at Pei Wei Asian Diners and stuff fortune cookies with quotes by Friedrich Hayek, Ayn Rand, and Milton Friedman.
Shut down public schools; that should double the national IQ within six months. Sell the buildings to private schools that teach strong work and study ethics. If you want your children to build self-esteem, convert the Department of Education into a Ping Pong Palace.
Ensure a young and vibrant workforce by strengthening marriages with a minimum two-child policy.
Purge Hollywood using Tiananmen Square tactics if necessary.
Return decency, moral standards, and patriotism to American movies with a strict motion picture production code. That will boost national morale and optimism better than the daily lecturing on TV by a wussy president and his embarrassing sycophants.
Repeal minimum wage, ban strikes, and dissolve labor unions. Reboot Detroit auto factories and Pittsburgh steel mills.
Stop subsidizing industrial and agricultural concerns, ethanol plants, and wind farms. If they can't stand on their own, let them fall and give way to those that can.
Mandate all public officials to use public transportation and public health care. Cap their salaries until the economy in their districts fully recovers.
Oust the defunct Castro regime. Expand the Guantanamo base to the rest of Cuba and change its name to Gitmo Island. Reuse Castro's network of political prisons to house opponents of this recovery plan.
Resettle those Americans who advocate green collective lifestyle to Cuban tobacco plantations with no electricity and polluting farm equipment, where they will toil the rest of their days in fields fertilized by own excrement.
In case of emergency China reserves the right to demote Mr. Obama to a White House greeter and give his current position to Jerry Yang or a similarly adept business executive.
Sad how some people don't have the media literacy to recognize obvious fabrication on a joke website.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:33 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
That site is a humor and satire site, as clearly stated in its google link:

The People's Cube - Correct Opinions for Progressive Liberals ...
The People's Cube - Correct Opinions for Progressive Liberals - Political Humor & Satire.
thepeoplescube.com/ - Cached - Similar

One would think that the "I Tea-Bagged Obama" t-shirt being sold on its homepage might have easily clued one in on this.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:35 AM

LMAO, literally 10 seconds of reading and you could have figured out it isn't true, I hope this thread sticks around on the first page so people can see how desperate some individuals are have their beliefs reaffirmed.

Apparently no one else who posted in this thread even bothered to look at the source before rushing to make a ridiculous comment. Do you really think a member of the CPUSA would say this:

Quote:
This may seem like a foreign idea to you, but we sacrificed everything for it - our friends, our neighbors, and our nation. We suffered from all kinds of ulcers and split personality disorders by blindly following Stalin's directives. We risked our chances of promotion within US government agencies by dutifully advancing Soviet foreign policy. And for what? So that some spoiled Democrats could ride on our backs to power while throwing us crumbs in the form of minor cabinet appointments

It's just like taking someone else's hard-earned income and redistributing it! ... Never mind, bad example... It's like infiltrating a respectable organization and taking over its management while engaging in subversive propaganda and the rewriting of history... Whoops, bad example again... It's like being devoid of moral standards and rejecting all the norms and values of Judeo-Christian civilization... No, that was totally inappropriate. Scratch that..
Hahah, I'm going to start linking to Onion articles and seeing how many of you take them seriously. Basically on par for people who lap up Glenn Beck's turds of information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies