Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 10:05 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhound View Post
The most powerful lady in America?
Says who?

Steve
Has any one told Oprah!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 10:11 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Pant, pant, pant! Yes, we're still waiting for the episode when Sarah goes snowboarding wearing only ear muffs.
Nice, to know a 47 year old women, married with 5 kids, can still turn guys on, with out even trying!!!

So, high school, oops,......... maybe, you are in high school. SORRY!!!

Old 11-23-2010, 10:20 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanskills View Post
Why do you care, she is just a citizen,she doesnt hold any public office.

Is she too pretty, smart and rich for you?

She doesnt hold any elected office because:

A) Voters rejected her
B) She quit her day job to make dumb reality shows

Old 11-23-2010, 10:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Truth is, i think she's earnest and well meaning, even if she is a political nutcase. She's certainly not malicious for the most part, even though her comments about Michelle Obama shows that she can be quite petty when she wants to score points with her base.

I hate it that her show isn't doing well, mostly because i like seeing people succeed. I completely disregard everything she says, but she's mildly attractive and when she's in Alaska, she's in her environment. She certainly cares for the state and wants to bring good publicity to it so as to help tourism. That alone is a reason to wish her show would be successful.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:38 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
The average prime time viewership of a TLC show is 785,000. Palin is getting 3 million. The show is clearly a hit and will continue past 4 episodes.

The average viewership of prime time MSNBC is 738,000.

Palin is a winner. Keith Oblerman is a loser.
Palin is only a winner to all her subjects. Your Queen speaks and you listen like a good commoner.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:40 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
The most powerful lady in America, and the left just hates how popular she is...
<cough>Liza Murkowski<cough>

Old 11-24-2010, 01:35 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I always thought Al Gore could have had a very successful cable show similar to "The Osbournes". With his odd personality, semi wild kids and social cause driven wife and off kilter political and views, it would have made for very interesting viewing. I realize he made a ton of money scamming the country and probably wouldn't bear the scrutiny, but he'd have been very popular.
Sarah Palin does deserve some credit for not running away from peoples( and many not friendly to her) attempts to get a closer look at her.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:56 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,508,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
I would suggest that you don't count your chickens before they hatch

I rather tune into Modern Family, Cougar Town or Biggest Loser

By the way, your obsession with Palin based off your responses seems a little creepy. You wouldn't happen to be one of those people above the median age watching, now would you?
Good for you. Watch whatever you want.

I only pointed out that Palin's show generates 3 times the viewers as the other shows on TLC. Hardly makes me obsessed. Anyone that calls that failure is either ignorant or stupid.

I never even watched the show.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:59 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,508,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Palin is only a winner to all her subjects. Your Queen speaks and you listen like a good commoner.
Yawn. I'm an anarchist. I haven't voted since 1992. I have no use whatsoever for politicians. Including Sarah Palin.

Funny, all I do is point out that Palin's show is a success. And all these people that are clearly obsessed with her say stuff like this. Yawn, yawn, yawn.

Old 11-24-2010, 03:07 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
None of those things. Just thought it was interesting her ratings taking such a tumble. Particularly after they were being celebrated by some of the Palin worshipers on this board after the first show.
Basically to have a reality show you need to have a pretty scrwedup life with drama either real or made up these days. People love drama. But it will do fine as far as it goes but i don't see her being that interest in a long term show anyway. Just not her thing really
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies