Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 10:26 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The liberal bleeding hearts will try and try to eliminate hunting in the USA.
Hunting is not a right.

You can "gather food" on your own property, as a right.
You cannot "gather food" on someone else's property, as a right.

The question is: can you "gather food" on public property, as a right?
Or is it a privilege, requiring license?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 10:11 PM

81 posts, read 208,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson
Exactly, the 2nd amendment has absolutely nothing to do with hunting.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
They are fighting a losing battle!

Moderator cut: Copyright violation -- please post a link and a "snippet" only, per the Terms of Service.

Hunting Can Benefit Economy And Protect Conservation Land | Personal Liberty Digest[PIZ4710B]&rrid=243666913
I think many forget, if we do not have hunting we will have animals starving as they will just keep producing. We actually have a problem with deer in some of our areas in NWA. They are everywhere, too often at the side of the road. If anything hunting is a humane way to control the wildlife population and provide food for some. By the way, we do not hunt and have never owned a gun. My father was a lover of hunting.

Nita

Old 11-28-2010, 09:12 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,933 times
Quote:

Moderator cut: Copyright violation -- please post a link and a "snippet" only, per the Terms of Service.

Hunting Can Benefit Economy And Protect Conservation Land | Personal Liberty Digest[PIZ4710B]&rrid=243666913
Yes indeed, hunting is a great tradition.....to those who want to constantly prove that they are smarter than deer.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:00 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Quote:

Please expand on this liberal plot to eliminate hunting...

Old 11-28-2010, 12:22 PM

37,208 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:

I'm about as liberal as they come and i was a gunsmith for four years and a hunter for more than forty. I killed 115 deer, 23 wild hogs, and all sorts of small game, and have absolutely no problem with people hunting. A portion of the cost of a hunting license goes to support conservatin programs to insure that there will be game in perpetuity.

I don't quite understand how it is that you think liberals as a group are against hunting You need a smaller brush to paint with rather than using the same old pine top and a bucket of ****. You simply are not believable.

I'll bet you couldn't even define liberal if you were asked. Not to worry. I won't ask and embarass you. You're safe.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:34 PM

221 posts, read 219,303 times
Hunting: An American tradition and freedom. It is a Right!

Then it is a right and freedom for any animal to hunt and kill humans. We are no better or less animals than ANY other animal on this planet.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:49 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Animals, don't come before humans in the life chain. Nor are they equal. So don't try to play that game.

Lately, there are those that would put humans at the very bottom of importance. That is who I fear the most.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:21 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Hunting is not a right.

You can "gather food" on your own property, as a right.
You cannot "gather food" on someone else's property, as a right.

The question is: can you "gather food" on public property, as a right?
Or is it a privilege, requiring license?
It is in Vermont (see our state constitution). One may even hunt on one's own land with no license here. Furthermore, it's a long standing legal tradition here that one may hunt freely on any unposted lands. It was a direct response to the situation in England where only wealthy landowners could hunt.

I think the largest threat to hunting is the lack of land to hunt; in states like TX there's little public land and people are forced to buy expensive hunting leases to get real good hunting grounds. Up here more and more outsiders move in and post land (seriously, I was up a mountain the other day and in the middle of nowhere, were posted signs every 8 feet, talk about silly and ugly...), crowding hunters on top of each other in the open lands.

Last edited by arctichomesteader; 11-29-2010 at 04:31 AM..

Old 11-29-2010, 05:02 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Thumbs down You made the claim but won't back it up

Quote:
Animals, don't come before humans in the life chain. Nor are they equal. So don't try to play that game.

Lately, there are those that would put humans at the very bottom of importance. That is who I fear the most.

Please expand on this liberal plot to ban hunting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies