Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 10:59 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
Why do SOME blacks.
Don't know how many times I have to let people in this forum know that all blacks don't think alike.

If somebody doesn't know you as an individual they can't see you as an individual. The reality is for many White Americans they don't KNOW any Black Americans on a personal level. When threads are titled like this one it's indicative of that mindset.

If somebody titled a thread "Why do White Americans support ________?" all hell would break loose.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:02 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
What's he suppose to do, pick up his cell and ask to speak to fido?
After meeting with Vick and hearing him express his remorse, Pacelle consulted with The HSUS' board of directors and staff. Despite our utter disgust with what Vick did and our leading role in making sure he was convicted and punished for his crimes, we decided that shunning Vick forever would do no good for any animal. We all thought it was significant when Vick donated $1 million for the care and rehabilitation of the dogs at Bad Newz Kennels. Now, we want him to contribute his time to attack the problem by reaching inner-city youth.
Michael Vick and End Dogfighting : The Humane Society of the United States
No he can pick up the phone and call Best Friends Rescue and ask if they need anything to help provide for the dogs he abused? Maybe ask if they are recovering? Maybe ask if any of them have been adopted out. Instead of only calling to ask for help creating good PR for him to get his millions back playing in the nfl

Vick was court ordered to give money for the rehabilitation of his dogs.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:04 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,271,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
If somebody doesn't know you as an individual they can't see you as an individual. The reality is for many White Americans they don't KNOW any Black Americans on a personal level. When threads are titled like this one it's indicative of that mindset.

If somebody titled a thread "Why do White Americans support ________?" all hell would break loose.
If you could provide even one example of this it would lend support to your arguement. Whites are NOT monolithic and our voting patterns show this to the enth degree.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:06 AM

1,943 posts, read 3,338,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post

Well some of them should at least have a little common sense to not judge a whole race over ONES downfall.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:12 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,046,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
No he can pick up the phone and call Best Friends Rescue and ask if they need anything to help provide for the dogs he abused? Maybe ask if they are recovering? Maybe ask if any of them have been adopted out. Instead of only calling to ask for help creating good PR for him to get his millions back playing in the nfl

Vick was court ordered to give money for the rehabilitation of his dogs.
You're right.

Vick (and probably the NFL) hired a group of PR professionals who told him exactly what to do to get his job back. The team that he hired have worked with other blacks who've needed PR for various reasons similar to his situation. They were standing with him in the interview that I saw on the news and the news talked about who his PR people were....

I don't believe Vick is in any way remorseful about abusing animals.
It was all about changing public perception. He was remorseful about all of the money that he wasn't making anymore.

Someone who tortures and abuses animals like he did has a major character flaw. A few months in jail isn't going to change that.

Too bad the NFL cares more about football than the character of their players. Young people look up to these guys.

Last edited by World Citizen; 11-23-2010 at 11:22 AM..

Old 11-23-2010, 11:14 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
If you could provide even one example of this it would lend support to your arguement. Whites are NOT monolithic and our voting patterns show this to the enth degree.
Neither are we. Just because most black folks support democratic candidates doesn't mean we all think alike on everything. Most people don't let politics rule their lives.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:16 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
Well some of them should at least have a little common sense to not judge a whole race over ONES downfall.

I say that about poor white folks all the time. Glad we agree. Instead of blaming black folks when they don't get a job (the affirmative action bugaboo) or blaming black folks for the national debt (like white folks NEVER accept welfare). White folks should have a little common sense and not judge a whole race over one's downfall.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:17 AM

1,943 posts, read 3,338,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post

So all other races are? Hmm..

Old 11-23-2010, 11:18 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Vick (and probably the NFL) hired a group of PR professionals who told him exactly what to do to get his job back. The people that he worked with have worked with other blacks who've needed PR for various reasons. They were standing with him in the interview that I saw on the news and the news talked about who the PR people were....

I don't believe Vick is in any way remorseful about abusing animals. It was all about changing public perception.

Someone who abuses animals like he did has a major character flaw. A few months in jail isn't going to change that.

Too bad the NFL cares more about football than the character of their players. Young people look up to these guys.
He had a PR firm specializing in reputation rehabilitation.

This isnt about race for me its about him and those dogs. Dogs that could have had a normal long life in a happy home but wont because of him.

I dont think he is remorseful at all. I hope one day he proves me wrong I really do. I think if he really was he would make at least 1 phone call to the rescue group that took in his dogs so they wouldnt be put to death. To check on them at least once

Old 11-23-2010, 11:21 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
He had a PR firm specializing in reputation rehabilitation.

This isnt about race for me its about him and those dogs. Dogs that could have had a normal long life in a happy home but wont because of him.

I dont think he is remorseful at all. I hope one day he proves me wrong I really do. I think if he really was he would make at least 1 phone call to the rescue group that took in his dogs so they wouldnt be put to death. To check on them at least once

Again, that is your opinion, Vicks needs to continue to move on and handle his business and not worry about proving anything to anyone on the level of his remorse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies