Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 05:16 AM

9,327 posts, read 16,682,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Palin knows what newspapers she reads. She probably didn't want to say because she knew a biased Couric who was going to use it against her.

Couric is a left wing media propagandist. Palin is direct. She wasn't used to dealing with media snakes. I think she's learned by now, though.
Couric's agenda interviewing Palin was obviously malicious and biased when compared to her interview with Obama. In the last year I have seen some improvement with her variations of people, who are not left liberals and her softening towards our military.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 06:07 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,826,515 times
Couric is the biggest creampuff in journalism, that's why Palin gave her the interview. When McCain announced Palin as his running mate she pretty much just stood there, waved her hand, and didn't talk. She wouldn't give any interview to ANYONE which was very strange, let alone for someone running for such a right ranking position. Once she finally gave the couric the exclusive interview, Palin couldn't answer simple questions like "what newspapers do you read?" "some uuuh, all of them" "can you name one?" "uuuh" Couric asked the most basic questions and Palin tripped all over her own stupidity.
Same thing with beck, Couric simply asked Glenn Beck about his comments saying president Obama hates white people. Beck squirmed and sweated like the weasel he his dodging the question.
Same went to O'Donnell with Palin telling her to "speak through fox" These people are such idiots and con artists they can't even speak to the voters unless fox news is holding their hand.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:36 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,301,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I've heard that excuse before, and it's lame. If Palin had responded by stating the name of the Anchorage or Fairbanks daily paper, no one would have blinked an eye. She was unprepared.
How did you feel when Charlie Gibson asked her how she felt about the "Bush Doctrine" knowing, as you do, that there is really no correct answer to that question.
I have no problem with her asking Sarah Palin that question as long as you ask Biden the same types of questions. And we all knew that wasn't going to happen.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:47 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,714,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I've heard that excuse before, and it's lame. If Palin had responded by stating the name of the Anchorage or Fairbanks daily paper, no one would have blinked an eye. She was unprepared.
In that case, Couric (and the rest of the liberal press) would have jumped on that and found plenty to criticize as well. What? She gets all her news only from Alaska papers? You know it and I know that's what would have happened.

Any answer she gave was going to be wrong, and I think she tried to calculate in her own mind whether there was a publication she could name that wouldn't set the critics abuzz. Additionally, she had to deal with all the controls the campaign manipulators placed on her - all the "don't-this-don't-that" instructions. She's an open, direct person and those kinds of political restraints don't fit her style. She'll never be a sleazy politician, such as a Pelosi, and others of her ilk, which the dems seem to worship. No wonder the left doesn't like her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
Do ya think? Why is it then, after the 2 years she has had "to learn" how to deal with these "media snakes" that she has not ventured out of her comfort zone of Fox to appear on any other news programs? Since she has mentioned her potential to run for President in 2012, wouldn't it be in her best interest to perhaps broaden her audience base?
She's learned to deal with them by ignoring them. Smart lady. Would you tiptoe through alligators just to broaden your audience base?

If you really feel strongly about that why don't you don't you send your suggestions to her. I'm sure she'll be glad to hear from you.

Last edited by swbtoo; 11-24-2010 at 07:01 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 11-24-2010, 06:55 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,338,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
And there you have it folks; asking vice presidential candidates about their foreign policy experience is now being referred to as idiotic.

If Couric is stupid, then Palin is borderline retarded. What are her credentials? What does her education background look like? That hockey mom experience may work in small town America, but holds no weight on the international stage.

End of discussion.
No, you aren't getting off the hook by saying "End of discussion" as though you have the final word. What makes you think your word is final? That's pretty arrogant.

Has Couric ever been Governor of a Sate? No.
Has Couric ever been Mayor of a town? No.

Has Couric an ounce of the kind of experience Palin has? No.

Herer is the way it is: You and her other critics hate her because ...
  • Her "folksy" way of speaking — When did this become a disqualifier? I wonder how Abraham Lincoln actually sounded if we could have heard him speak? And who can forget Lyndon Johnson's "country" twang?
  • She is a woman who is proud to call herself a "Hockey Mom" — Why is that a disqualifier? I'll bet there are a lot of women out there, maybe even on this forum, that are offended that you equate being a "Hockey Mom" with stupidity. Being a "mom" is part of being a woman, and many "moms" are also professional women. You insult their intelligence. My own wife is a "mom" and spent many years as a General Manager for a large upscale retail store in Southern California (Buffum's, for those of you who may remember it. She managed the Fashion Valley store, Grossmont Center, and later Lomas Santa Fe).
  • She hunts, fishes and is an outdoor woman — I guess being a sportsman is a disqualifier too?
  • She is a Christian woman — This is the big one isn't it? You hate Christians, especially those who you call "Fundies" (disparagingly). This is automatically a disqualifier, and also makes one "stupid", right? But lets not forget the very intelligent and gifted men who founded our great nation were also Christians and prayed regularly. This is a fact which most of you are quite pleased to deny, and have tried to hide it from our history. But it's still out there. It is undeniable for anyone who wishes to read from their original writings, or other original works of those who knew them.
Sarah Palin is far more qualified than the jackass that is currently occupying the Oval Office and was elected not on the basis of his "qualifications" (Community Agitator), but on the basis of the color of his skin. It was fashionable for one to say they were voting for a black man for President. It showed one was not a racist. Just as to speak out against what he is doing to the country makes one a racist. — Right?

And the fact that Barack H. Obama thinks (or at least thought) that we have 57 States probably doesn't make him "stupid" I suppose? And we have that on tape. He said it not once, but several times on different occasions.

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 11-24-2010 at 07:28 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-24-2010, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Obama has appeared on the O Reilly Factor, when is Sarah going to go onto the Rachel Maddow show?
Sarah has been on O'Reilly. Why does she need to go on Maddow's show. Besides, O'Reilly is smart. Maddow is a stupid woman.

Has she been asked? If she has, I can understand why she wouldn't go on. She woud be set up just like she was on Courics show. That's what these dumb shows do to people that they disagree with. "The View" is a good example.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:21 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
It's not like obamao is rushing to Fox for interviews. Couric did a bit of a hack job on her...why would she want to go back?
If by "hack job" you mean ask her normal questions then yes but other wise no.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:22 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Couric's agenda interviewing Palin was obviously malicious and biased
Yeah, because asking someone what they read is obviously malicious and biased.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:35 AM

Quote:
And there you have it folks; asking vice presidential candidates about their foreign policy experience is now being referred to as idiotic.

If Couric is stupid, then Palin is borderline retarded. What are her credentials? What does her education background look like? That hockey mom experience may work in small town America, but holds no weight on the international stage.

End of discussion.
Of course, Barack H. Obama had no foreign policy experience. But that doesn't matter I suppose? Right?

Actually Palin does have foreign policy experience in that she has had to deal directly with the Canadian government on various oil contract negotiations.

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 11-24-2010 at 07:44 AM..

Old 11-24-2010, 07:42 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,894,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
To all of those who are so convinced that Palin is so dim that she couldn't come up with the name of a paper...think about it for a minute. Really.

A journalism major. A sitting Governor. Do you really, really think she's so stupid that she couldn't even think of the name of a major newspaper?? Or is it possible that she was simply frustrated/annoyed/ whatever at the questions, at the implications (so how DO you manage to keep up with the news way up there??).

I mean come on already...a little common sense here.
Q 1: Yes

Q2: I read an articles that stated Palin refused to be prepped for that interview. She probably thought it would ruin her folksy appeal to actually have some answers ready to some potential questions. Either that, or she was just too lazy to prep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
In that case, Couric (and the rest of the liberal press) would have jumped on that and found plenty to criticize as well. What? She gets all her news only from Alaska papers? You know it and I know that's what would have happened.

Any answer she gave was going to be wrong, and I think she tried to calculate in her own mind whether there was a publication she could name that wouldn't set the critics abuzz. Additionally, she had to deal with all the controls the campaign manipulators placed on her - all the "don't-this-don't-that" instructions. She's an open, direct person and those kinds of political restraints don't fit her style. She'll never be a sleazy politician, such as a Pelosi, and others of her ilk, which the dems seem to worship. No wonder the left doesn't like her.

She's learned to deal with them by ignoring them. Smart lady. Would you tiptoe through alligators just to broaden your audience base?

If you really feel strongly about that why don't you don't you send your suggestions to her. I'm sure she'll be glad to hear from you.
No, you and I and the US public doesn't know how that would have happened. Well, maybe you do if you have some sort of crystal ball, but I don't have one. The woman refused to be prepped. That is a question that should have been anticipated. Any answer would have been better than what she said. I believe it was B*** (can't use that name, y'know) who said he didn't read any.

She might need to broaden her audience base if she really wants to be POTUS. John McCain should be strung up for nominating her, considering what he unleashed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies