Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 02:08 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Oh my! The formal State of Israel wasn't established yet! That matters!

Whatever.

Menachem Begin was a member of this organization and he was elected Prime Minister of Israel

Who are you trying to fool? The Irgun is the modern day Likud Party which I'm sure you are very proud of.
And the modern-day Palestinian authority, which is Fatah, started life as an arm of the radical, extremely violent terrorist organization called the Palestinian Liberation Organization, headed by Yassir Arafat. Remember him before his re-branding as elder statesman?

So, what's your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 02:11 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Palistinian terrorists target children to cause maximum terror and fear in the civilian population. The palistinian children killed were killed during military opperation because the palistinian terrorists use them has human shields, stockpiling weapons in schools and hiding behind women and children. When palistinian children die as a result of the terrorists' cowardly actions they milk all the propaganda value out of it that they can get. It's al lcoldly calculated. These are people who would strap bombs to their own children so they think nothing of using them for propaganda and political gain. Don't be deceived.
“We will have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us” -Golda Meir.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:13 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
And the modern-day Palestinian authority, which is Fatah, started life as an arm of the radical, extremely violent terrorist organization called the Palestinian Liberation Organization, headed by Yassir Arafat. Remember him before his re-branding as elder statesman?
And Nobel Peace Prize winner.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:40 PM

43,669 posts, read 44,406,521 times
Quote:
Who are you trying to fool? The Irgun is the modern day Likud Party which I'm sure you are very proud of.
I think you are trying to fool yourself by distorting facts. The modern day Likud Party is not the Irgun extremist military organization which was dismantled by the Israeli Government after the establishment of the State of Israel as the Irgan didn't follow the newly formed Israeli Government's policy in 1948 to become part of the newly formed Israeli army at that time.

You seem to forget that Yasser Arafat was a terrorist and the head of the Fatah terrorist organization and then become President of the Palestinian Authority.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:01 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I would focus on Saudi Arabia as who else would prefer to be seen as the prominent Muslim power in the region? Removing Iran from the equation sets up Saudi Arabia as top dog, something I'm sure they quietly grin about.

Absolutely!

Saudi Arabia has been playing both sides of the fence for decades. The population on the Arabian peninsula, did not want US personnel on their soil. Next thing you know, we are invading Iraq (which had nothing to do with 9/11) on account of some bogus WMD. I bet that the Saudis wanted Saddam gone because he was a secularist.

Now, Saudi Arabia wants Iran bombed at a minimum on account of possible nuclear capabilities. Yet, it doesn't bother them if Israel is nuclear capable?

That's why the GOP is saber rattling about Iran: to keep the Saudis happy.

Check out the wikileaks re: the Saudis role in US mideast policy. In the meantime, they want to distract us by pointing the finger at Israel.

I'll take the Israelis over the Saudis any day of the week.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:01 PM

915 posts, read 1,190,877 times
Quote:
No I'm born and raised in the USA. A US citizen and US Army veteran...so again, do you have Israeli citizenship?

BTW this is not nearly the first incident of Israeli terrorism.

This is what Israeli's do when they are the ones who are out of power.

King David Hotel bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Padcrasher I have read all your posts in this thread, and I have yet to see one that does not contain some kind of pure hatred, childish outburst, or baseless general statements about an entire country (existing or otherwise).

Old 11-30-2010, 04:11 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,799,737 times
Quote:
No I'm born and raised in the USA. A US citizen and US Army veteran...so again, do you have Israeli citizenship?

BTW this is not nearly the first incident of Israeli terrorism.

This is what Israeli's do when they are the ones who are out of power.

King David Hotel bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You really need to relax.... you are really getting worked up over this and your starting throw in personal attacks against users, against board policy.

You refuse to see both sides of the arguments, it's pretty clear.

Yes, I see Israel has committed atrocities. Nobody says Israel's right in everything they do. They have corruption that needs to be dealt with and problems just like every other nation. But they are not intentionally wiping your precious Hamas off the map just because they feel like it. Hamas clearly refuses to cooperate unlike Abbas and the Palestinian Authority.

Its very upsetting that 320 Palestinians had to die. Yes, that shouldn't have happened. But all of the casualties from Israel would certainly have been avoided had Hamas decided to put its weapons down and stop sending rockets inside Israel's borders, as well as stop encouraging suicide bombers to bomb Israeli civilians. Then maybe Israel would take down the wall and Palestinians could finally have a secure homeland with East Jerusalem alongside Israel.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:15 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
Padcrasher I have read all your posts in this thread, and I have yet to see one that does not contain some kind of pure hatred, childish outburst, or baseless general statements about an entire country (existing or otherwise).
Right and be sure and give us an example of this outburst where I maligned the whole country or ethnicity will you? When you have the time?

Old 11-30-2010, 04:18 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
You really need to relax.... you are really getting worked up over this and your starting throw in personal attacks against users, against board policy.

You refuse to see both sides of the arguments, it's pretty clear.

Yes, I see Israel has committed atrocities. Nobody says Israel's right in everything they do. They have corruption that needs to be dealt with and problems just like every other nation. But they are not intentionally wiping your precious Hamas off the map just because they feel like it. Hamas clearly refuses to cooperate unlike Abbas and the Palestinian Authority.

Its very upsetting that 320 Palestinians had to die. Yes, that shouldn't have happened. But all of the casualties from Israel would certainly have been avoided had Hamas decided to put its weapons down and stop sending rockets inside Israel's borders, as well as stop encouraging suicide bombers to bomb Israeli civilians. Then maybe Israel would take down the wall and Palestinians could finally have a secure homeland with East Jerusalem alongside Israel.
No sir. See You can't bring yourself even to admit it.

That's not 320 Palestinians.....that's 320 Palestinian CHILDREN killed in December 2007.

And the subject of this thread is Israel likely murdering scientists in Iran.

If that occurred do you or do you not agree with it?

Old 11-30-2010, 04:33 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,799,737 times
Quote:
No sir. See You can't bring yourself even to admit it.

That's not 320 Palestinians.....that's 320 Palestinian CHILDREN killed in December 2007.

And the subject of this thread is Israel likely murdering scientists in Iran.

If that occurred do you or do you not agree with it?
If by "agreeing" with it you mean I wished and wanted it to happen, no.

But I really have no sympathy for those scientists. The New York Times article clearly states that they worked closely with those involved with the Islamic Revolution and Ahmadinejad's government (who illegally stole the elections last year against the majority peaceful Persian population's wishes). The Islamic Revolution destroyed Iran and oppressed its citizens and encouraged the extremist President that it has today.

So I really don't care that one of Ahmadinejad's henchmen is dead. If it were innocent civilians that'd be another thing.

Also, you're just spouting conspiracy theories right now. There's no evidence that Israel was involved with those bombings at all, so you're just letting your anti-Israel bias distort the facts right now.

I wouldn't give much credibility to any theory spouted by that nutty Holocaust denier anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies