Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2010, 06:10 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,582,114 times

Advertisements

As they should. We all know Christmas is a fake stolen holiday anyways from the Pagans.

Happy holidays!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2010, 06:17 PM

1,568 posts, read 3,229,700 times
Happy Festivus! You all disappoint me.

Old 12-04-2010, 06:18 PM

28 posts, read 15,571 times
We all know that atheists, Jews and Muslims created Western culture, oh, wait a minute, scratch that, we just dont wanna hurt anybodies feelings. Cultural Marxism.

Old 12-04-2010, 06:24 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,197,939 times
Who cares what the greeting is? By the time you've had 8 Manhattans at the office party and start in on some groping games with the secretaries you shouldn't care if it's Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Kwanza, or Happy Holidays, because pinching her luscious butt is something she'll let you do only once per year.

Old 12-04-2010, 06:25 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,251,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by River Edge View Post
I cannot believe how most Americans greet people as "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" during the Christmas season.

You celebrate the holidays for Christmas, not for anything else. I know there are are non-major holidays in December, such as Hanukkah... but we're not in Israel !
You do not say Happy Holidays for other holidays - it's only during Christmas season.

I know not everybody celebrate Christmas, but 97% of Americans do.
Just because we have nearly 2% Jews in America doesn't mean we have to change our world holiday greeting to Happy Holidays !

In Europe, millions of muslims lives there, but people still greet them Merry Christmas.

Who cares if they get offended? This is America, a by far majority Christian nation. I don't think people in Israel would get about changing their holidays and greeting for the Christian ones'

Don't get me wrong, nothing against the jews... I have many jewish friends. But right thing should be done.
Don't greet the Jews Merry Christmas if you are scared of them. BUT DO NOT CHANGE GREETINGS ON STORES TO HAPPY HOLIDAYS WHEN YOU KNOW IT'S FOR CHRISTMAS !

"Holiday cards, Holiday tree, Holiday lights, Holiday sales" - I mean it must be a joke!
Is this a Christian sentiment?

Old 12-04-2010, 06:25 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,336,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoddard View Post
We all know that atheists, Jews and Muslims created Western culture, oh, wait a minute, scratch that, we just dont wanna hurt anybodies feelings. Cultural Marxism.
Happy Marxday?

Old 12-04-2010, 06:31 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,744,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
I'm one of the 3% of Americans that doesn't celebrate Christmas (I am not Jewish, but Christian) but I'm not offended by "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays." Businesses just say "Happy Holidays" to be inclusive, but at Easter (a much more "Christian" holiday), stores always say "Happy Easter." It's really not that big of a deal.
I so agree. I for one have enough problems to worry about if people are politically correct or not. I don't care what people say.

Old 12-04-2010, 06:35 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,540,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Who cares what the greeting is? By the time you've had 8 Manhattans at the office party and start in on some groping games with the secretaries you shouldn't care if it's Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Kwanza, or Happy Holidays, because pinching her luscious butt is something she'll let you do only once per year.

Finally a post worth a rep point on here...At least someone remembers the true holiday spirit!

Old 12-04-2010, 06:42 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,909,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown85 View Post
I've never heard a Jewish or Muslim person complain about people saying "Merry Christmas." Most of the complainers tend to be former Christians turned atheist or agnostic.
Neither have I .. it usually comes from people of the liberal persuasion.

Old 12-04-2010, 06:51 PM

44,375 posts, read 20,088,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Interesting, but not quite accurate. See my other post (post 50) for what it means.
Or my post #31.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies