Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 06:58 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,219,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
No, Obama was willing to extend the tax cuts for everyone but the upper 2% (millionaires and billionaires) but that wasn't good enough for the Republicans. After all, they must take care of their base. The disagreement ensued, and Obama, like the coward he is proving himself to be, capitulated with nary a whimper in protest.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not going to forget this.Capitulation has become part of a pattern from our coward in chief.. I'm sure this won't be the last time Obama gives in as soon as a Republican raises his voice..
We have tried class warfare since Pelosi took the house in 2006 . it has been a failure. As the president said elections have consequences
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 07:04 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,474,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
No, Obama was willing to extend the tax cuts for everyone but the upper 2% (millionaires and billionaires) but that wasn't good enough for the Republicans. After all, they must take care of their base. The disagreement ensued, and Obama, like the coward he is proving himself to be, capitulated with nary a whimper in protest.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not going to forget this.Capitulation has become part of a pattern from our coward in chief.. I'm sure this won't be the last time Obama gives in as soon as a Republican raises his voice..
this is where the left cant even get their own lies straight

according to the left 250k+ is the same as 'top 2%' which is the same as "millioniares and billioniars"

make the taxes FAIR and EVEN 25% for all no exemptions

bet the left wont go for the fair shake

or

make taxes fair, by making it a 23% consumption tax, tax use, not income

but the left wont go for that, they want to tax success, and hand out entitlements just to their voting base

Old 12-08-2010, 07:04 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Everyone is watching the puppet show, but no eyes are on the puppet masters.

Obama actually won and he knows it.

Extending unemployment in which the States are responsible for, putting States further in debt.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:06 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,807,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

according to the left 250k+ is the same as 'top 2%' which is the same as "millioniares and billioniars"

or

but the left wont go for that, they want to tax success, and hand out entitlements just to their voting base

The left offered two compromises, the right offered none. You can't even speculate when the right have made it clear they will not compromise what so ever and tax cuts for the top of the top is the only option.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:07 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,411,683 times
Why would I love him for not standing by his principles? I disagree with him on many things, most actually, but thats not why I have no respect for him or find him so very lacking as a President. The reason he's not worthy of the Presidency is because he has no direction, he's a puppet on a string, much as Bush was, but being similar to the worst Republican president in decades is not a redeeming quality in my eyes.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:07 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:

or

It is not about fairness, when you talk progressive. It is about control and in this case, controlling an individuals wealth.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:11 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,411,683 times
Quote:

or

Of course they dont want a "use" tax. If we go that way then their supporters will have to pay taxes just like those of us who make money to live. Sure theres some liberals who work for a living. But my money says that if not for the welfare class Obama wound still be a minor senator in Illinois and we'd have a Republican liberal in office instead.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:16 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,474,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The left offered two compromises, the right offered none. You can't even speculate when the right have made it clear they will not compromise what so ever and tax cuts for the top of the top is the only option.
the left wants to discriminate against one group..just how is that "liberal"

why is the left bound and determined to tax and spend, yet has done nothing to curb the COST of things

the KEEPING the taxes at the rates they have been for the last 10 years would only have a POSSIBLE cost of 70 billion for 1 year..yet the extension of the unemployemnet will cost 140 billion

the right has said keep the tax cuts FOR ALL, stop the discrimination from the left and their class warfare..yet the left (base) are so intent on taxing success

Old 12-08-2010, 07:17 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I'm a conservative who disliked GWB and I greatly dislike Obama.
Funny how during the Bush presidency, you couldn't say a bad word about Bush without getting conservatives all in a tizzy. Now that he's gone, i can't find a Republican who liked him. Wierd.

In any case, i've never understood why Repubs have so much beef with Obama. He's been Republican-light for the last 2 years. Tripled the number of troops in Afghanistan, extended the tax cuts, isn't for gay marriage, continued with TARP, hasn't ended DODT, continued the Patriot Act provisions (that Repubs now hate all of a sudden) coddles the bankers and big business...why are the righties still crying like little girls?

Old 12-08-2010, 08:06 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,074,603 times
Bush wasn't a true conservative - he spent far too much, expanded government too much, created the unconstitutional Patriot Act, mishandled the war in Iraq and caved in on TARP. Not a lot for real conservatives to support.

He was in over his head almost as much as Obama is, but he never once governed with deliberate intent to destroy the values this country was built on. He was never anti-America - Obama is. He was never anti-free market or anti-private sector - Obama is. He never used the race card as Obama continues to do on a regular basis.

The extension of the unemployment benefits for an additional 13 months is outrageous and just another rape of the taxpayer. I wish the republicans had stood their ground - this was not a good compromise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies