Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 11:29 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,777,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"Donors in Saudi Arabia constitute the most significant source of funding to Sunni terrorist groups worldwide," she said.

Three other Arab countries are listed as sources of militant money: Qatar, Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates.

The cables highlight an often ignored factor in the Pakistani and Afghan conflicts: that the violence is partly bankrolled by rich, conservative donors across the Arabian Sea whose governments do little to stop them.
WikiLeaks cables portray Saudi Arabia as a cash machine for terrorists | World news | The Guardian

I do recall how very angry everyone was post 9-11. Forget the fact that most of those terrorists on those planes were saudi nationals. Forget that to this very day all the money bankrolling these losers is coming from Saudi Arabia. AND Kuwait-- remember those folks we saved in the first Gulf war??? They're feeding terrorists.

Folks still mad at terrorists are still looking in the wrong direction and I'd like to know why. I'd like to know why Republicans have gone so far out of their way to defend and protect Saudi Arabia to perpetuate the fighting in Afghanistan.

I'd like to know why conservative Arabs of moneyed class are having a fight with conservative americans of moneyed class at the expense of the entire planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 12:02 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,523,376 times
So, this is news? We already knew that.

Why do we tolerate the Saudi's? Because they're the most powerful country in the Gulf, center of the economic engine which drives the region and a bulwark against Iranian expansion, that's why. Not to mention that they have the sacred trust of maintaining and defending Mecca and Medina.

If you REALLY want to set off a major war, take some action which causes the House of Saud to fall. Put us into the position of being the infidels which control Mecca and the whole Muslim world will explode in paroxism's of violence you can't even imagine. 9/11 would look like a grade school picnic in comparison.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:27 AM

It was the same the day before 911, the day after 911, and trillions of dollars ten years later it's still the same.
I'm a big fan of getting rid of the middlemen. Let's revoke cheney's citizenship and let him fight conservative arabs directly. He wants to own mecca--- not on America's dime. Matter of fact every registered conservative of net worth more than 250k in USA-- let them join their new cheney nation living out their own jihad in a box canyon. They aren't Americans.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:37 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,523,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
It was the same the day before 911, the day after 911, and trillions of dollars ten years later it's still the same.
I'm a big fan of getting rid of the middlemen. Let's revoke cheney's citizenship and let him fight conservative arabs directly. He wants to own mecca--- not on America's dime. Matter of fact every registered conservative of net worth more than 250k in USA-- let them join their new cheney nation living out their own jihad in a box canyon. They aren't Americans.

I'm sure Cheney won't be interested in fighting such a war. As during the Vietnam War, when he should have gone, he'll have "other priorities."

Old 12-08-2010, 01:02 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,503,740 times
I guess people want the world to blow up, yep that will fix things. I think it's smarter to let those who are in charge control things and know what things we can do to make things better not worse.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:45 AM

19,012 posts, read 14,191,607 times
Does this mean the Saudis also think that the U.S. is the "Great Satan"?

Old 12-08-2010, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Does this mean the Saudis also think that the U.S. is the "Great Satan"?
Yes I suppose they do. Infidels that we are, why are these people in our budget???? Why are americans on the right attacking our government from within and waging battles abroad with other right wingers? I'm thinking we could save ourselves a fortune if we just declared afghanistan to be the right wing headquarters of the world, deport all of them there, build a wall around them to protect the world from their fanaticism.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:47 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
folks still mad at terrorists are still looking in the wrong direction and i'd like to know why. I'd like to know why republicans have gone so far out of their way to defend and protect saudi arabia to perpetuate the fighting in afghanistan.

I'd like to know why conservative arabs of moneyed class are having a fight with conservative americans of moneyed class at the expense of the entire planet.

Oil + $$$

Old 12-08-2010, 05:26 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,864,597 times
Shocking!!!

Who would have thought this was possible?

A strict Muslim nation funding Islamic terrorists....

Old 12-12-2010, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Shocking!!!

Who would have thought this was possible?

A strict Muslim nation funding Islamic terrorists....
Don't miss the innocent look of conservative party RW America defending them, all the while claiming to be in defense of 'liberty'. Come ON! When are you going to call them on this doublespeak??? It's only killing their credibility.

So long as they've got you chasing liberals around you've issued them a license to destroy democracy 'for our own protection'?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies