Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 09:06 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm sure some of you have already seen this statistic in some of the other threads I've posted in...http://www.census.gov/prod/2008pubs/p20-558.pdf

Women on welfare are having children at a rate of 3 times that of women who do not receive public assistance.
This is because they are academically undereducated and have no career prospects except to be professional mothers. They know no other way to feel fulfilled in life except to make babies. And they also have children in order to be loved and feel needed by someone (their children) and it fills a void left when their boyfriends won't marry them or when they are cheated on.

It seems to me that baby mommas enjoy the dramas of being baby mommas. They become stars in their very own personal soap operas. It's the only excitement in their lives and the only attention they can get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 09:10 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
I played by the rules. Don't have children unless you can afford to support them yourself.

Now I feel like an idiot. I am constantly bombarded with people who have kids who cannot afford them, are on public assistance due to them, or their kids suffer due to lack of birth control and common sense.

What gives?
Cause the goment keeps giving them more $$.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:11 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,761 times
Quote:
I played by the rules. Don't have children unless you can afford to support them yourself.

Now I feel like an idiot. I am constantly bombarded with people who have kids who cannot afford them, are on public assistance due to them, or their kids suffer due to lack of birth control and common sense.

What gives?
This question has been asked in conversations all over the world.
What it boils down to is the lack of intelligence. Hell, rabbits breed like, well, rabbits. It’s because they do not care about the consequences, they are animals who lack the capability of intellectual thought, really, they don’t care, and they just follow an instinct. More and more young people are taught that it’s someone else’s fault or responsibility to take care of them so why worry about consequences. Hell in America you even get rewarded for irresponsible behavior via special programs and money.
These weak minded folks dumb down the whole planet and those who enable them drag us down even farther.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:33 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Oh that is not true at all.

When I was a teenager, I was hardly rolling in the dough. That was the age where kids still procured jobs for their spending money. None the less, I managed to scrape together enough to have a good supply of condoms.

I find it hard to believe anyone could not procure condoms as needed. Don't they give them away in schools?

I suspect the same people you claim cannot afford birth control somehow afford booze, drugs, iPods, and other trappings of Western pop culture.

And I will throw the question back- If they cannot afford birth control, what in the name of hell makes them think they can afford a child?
That's just it - they know they can. The child will not cost them a dime in doctor's bills, or maternity care. The child also will be given free medical care. But the child doesn't just NOT cost them, the child gains them very generous food stamps, WIC coupons, it qualifies them for free housing, all utilities paid. And as though all that were not enough, they will be sent CASH for 5 years as more enticement to have these babies.

They become more "datable" because they can provide boyfriends a nice place to stay and of course he gets to share the food paid with food stamps. If he works, all the better - he can provide even more cash.

Really there is no downside for them. Welfare mothers today are even given free cell phones. And when they want some time to themselves to go shopping or just watch television, they can dump their children off at the free babysitting center called Head Start. And not only that - those places provide free meals to the children, free up the food stamps to be sold for extra spending money.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:39 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Your point is well taken and has alot of merits. On the otherhand, how many children have been born because of a "drunken trist?" How many children have been born to a lapse of judgement, et al? It is NOT my fault, and/or anyone else's fault, therefore not our tax responsibility, because you got drunk and had unprotected sex.

Every year, my friends and I get together for a Christmas party. It will be next weekend. I've been married for 26 yrs to the same woman; the greatest woman in the world (no idea why she is with me). I will hear, over and over again, from about 10 couples, about how they wish they would have never had children. How their children were an "accident."And, like it or not, I hear the samething at work everyday.

I have one couple, who are close friends, who didn't have children. They spend about 3 months of the year, traveling the world. They just came back from South America and Antartica. Every year its the same: "I should not have had children. You guys are lucky."

Now, is this everyone? No, of course not. However, based upon my personal experience, I'd say its more then half. More then half of the people in my "circle" wish they would have never had children. They felt they were pressured into it by society. You grow up, marry, and have kids. Everyone does it, so why not you? You are abnormal if you do not.

If society changed its unwritten "rules," I'd gurantee far more less people would have children.

For, lets face it, ALOT of children in this world are not wanted, were not planned for and, for most people, are a difficulty.
Look at the sky high abortion rates and child abuse rates. Some people hate their children so much they will kill them.

I think that it would be good to have welfare women and dead beat fathers sterilized - in exchange for staying on welfare handouts. Not forced sterilization of course, the option would be for the parents to work and support their children but if they choose not to provide financial support for their existing children, the last thing we need if for them to continue breeding.

And also a $200 or $300 cash reward for sterilization - because many people prefer money over children and they should never have children. This would cut down on the numbers of children killed in abortion clinics, and cut down on child abuse.

Those who do love their children and are willing to provide the financial support their children require are not the problem.

Old 12-11-2010, 12:14 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Look at the sky high abortion rates and child abuse rates. Some people hate their children so much they will kill them.

I think that it would be good to have welfare women and dead beat fathers sterilized - in exchange for staying on welfare handouts. Not forced sterilization of course, the option would be for the parents to work and support their children but if they choose not to provide financial support for their existing children, the last thing we need if for them to continue breeding.

And also a $200 or $300 cash reward for sterilization - because many people prefer money over children and they should never have children. This would cut down on the numbers of children killed in abortion clinics, and cut down on child abuse.

Those who do love their children and are willing to provide the financial support their children require are not the problem.
I agree with this.

How quickly the world would call out "GENICIDE" if the mostly white government of America offered free sterilization to low income families? Wow, talk about racist!
The nannies of the world already have a good thing going by vilifying a solution to the problem. “Oh, the poor souls were deprived of “something” so we need to take care of them now” (and their little brats).
Cut them lose from their free ride then watch Mother Nature weed out the week and the lazy!

In nature only the strong survive, only in a human “civilization” (that’s a laugh) will a species breed weak and sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Right again! However the nannies I meantioned before believe it is. These "save the world" nannies believe that if you have something then you should give it to those who have nothing. Well, maybe someone should tell them that you can't give someone pride or drive. Thats an earned quality these leaches lack. (Mainly becase it requires effort)

Old 12-11-2010, 12:15 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Ok then...

Let me expand the question: How can said teenagers not know if they have witnessed their peers going through the same thing? Have they not seen that after the initial moment of joy, that the baby needs 24/7 care? Don't they see that the days of leisure are done and this is their life for the next 18 years at least?

I mean, when does the learning curve kick in?

And how is it that I knew perfectly well the ramifications and managed 20 years, more or less, of sowing my wild oats without one pregnancy?
They don't take care of their friends' babies. They don't get the 24/7 thing until they have their own little bundle of joy.

As for your own experience, maybe you were just lucky.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:54 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,425,988 times
Quote:

What gives?
I don't know if anyone has already said this. But the reason people have kids that they can't afford to support them is really simple. THEY LOVE TO MATE!!!!!

Old 12-11-2010, 08:11 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
I'm saying I don't get why people keep having kids when they cannot afford them, wherever they live.
Simply put the act of having sex does not automatically result in having a child. In many cases people don't PLAN children, they are simply the unplanned consequence of a sexual relationship.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:02 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
They don't take care of their friends' babies. They don't get the 24/7 thing until they have their own little bundle of joy.

As for your own experience, maybe you were just lucky.

I learned my lesson from two high school friends - one of them had two kids by age 19 (to a guy in the Army), one screwed up college because she "didn't want to lose the guy" (he didn't marry her anyway, an ex-boyfriend later claimed the baby). Both were administered "shot gun" weddings" that didn't last more than three years. Go out Saturday night? "Nobody will babysit." Not having the money to go out anyway, because you have to buy diapers. Ask the grandparents to watch the kid? No, they had the attitude of "You made your bed, now you can lie in it." The alternative was sitting on the sofa all evening, watching tv, and listening to a screaming baby - not a fun life for a 19-year-old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies