Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2010, 03:22 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,054,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I think the video makes it obvious that the man is guilty.
Funny how politics can even change what people see with their own eyes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 03:23 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,128,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
They love to twist the facts.

1. Not a young girl ( nice try by the OP )
Looked YOUNG to me.
Quote:
2. A known trouble maker with ties to radical left wing nutjob groups 3. She was there to cause trouble and or harm to the candidate.
PROVE IT
Quote:

4. She was not stomped on at all.
ARE YOU BLIND?
Quote:
5. Who knows what she was going to do knowing her past history and record.
IRRELEVANT - YOU CAN'T PUNISH SOMEONE FOR SOMETHING THAT HAS NOT HAPPENED YET! THIS IS AMERICA AND WE HAVE RULES AND LAWS.
Quote:
6. Good thing they stopped her before she was able to get to the candidate and cause him or others harm.
AGAIN- STUPID TO DEFLECT BY BLAMING THE VICTIM. YOU ALSO THINK ALL RAPE VICTIMS WERE "ASKING FOR IT" I'LL BET
Quote:
7. Thank goodness they protected him from this psycho nut anti American radical left winger.
LET US ADD SLANDER AND LIBEL TO THE THINGS PROFIT SHOULD BE SUED FOR.
Quote:
Look at her history to see that she hates America and was there to cause trouble or hurt someone.
SO YOU ARE LOOKING TO TAKE AWAY THE RIGHTS OF THOSE WHO DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I'm seeing a lot of people defending this woman with regard to her eco-terror background with statements like, "she's innocent until proven guilty," and "she was only charged and hasn't been convicted [yet]".

Yet those very same people have already reached the conclusion that the accused in the case at hand is guilty.

I don't think I've ever seen a more obvious and transparent demonstration of hypocrisy in my several years here. What an amazing thread this is.

Carry on...
It's a little thing called video, maybe you have heard of it. When I see video of a guy stomping on someone's head while they are being held down, the presumption of innocence has been rendered moot.

Perhaps you could explain to me what her background has to do with the crime the guy committed? Are you trying to say that anyone that has ever been charged with a crime is fair game for beatings and assaults?

I have never seen so many people so willing to twist logic to avoid admitting that this particular teabagger is a criminal scumbag.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:24 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I can't find anything in my copy of the Bill of Rights that says constitutional protections can be revoked if you alter your appearance or carry a sign without approved content. You must have a special tea party version.
Quote:
What in the world are you talking about? What does any of that have to do with the rights granted and protected by the 1st Amendment. I think you are more than just a little confused.
I'm not at all confused. The 1st amendment protects ones right to speech, no one stopped the woman from speech, or carrying her sign. It does not say you get to carry your sign where you want, when you want, regardless of other individuals rights.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:25 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I'm not defending her, merely stating that according to the law, her background cannot be deemed by a judge or a jury as due cause for Proffit having a free pass if he indeed did use uneccessary force in attempting to restrain her.

I am hoping it will get into the intent of her being there after she has been caught lying about the case already on tape.

A third party has a right to step in an protect someone else so I guess we will see how the judge or jury see's this.

I still believe there was no intent to cause her harm.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:26 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
It's a little thing called video, maybe you have heard of it. When I see video of a guy stomping on someone's head while they are being held down, the presumption of innocence has been rendered moot.
I stopped here for the sake of accuracy. The guy didnt stop on anyones head.. If you keep talking about the video, then you would know this..

Old 12-09-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:

Perhaps you could explain to me what her background has to do with the crime the guy committed? Are you trying to say that anyone that has ever been charged with a crime is fair game for beatings and assaults?

I have never seen so many people so willing to twist logic to avoid admitting that this particular teabagger is a criminal scumbag.
So now you are saying he is a criminal?

How, was he found guilty today or something we do not know?

Then you have the nerve to ask me to prove to you if the real criminal ( Soros puppet ) has a criminal record.

Amazing.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:29 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
I am hoping it will get into the intent of her being there after she has been caught lying about the case already on tape.

A third party has a right to step in an protect someone else so I guess we will see how the judge or jury see's this.

I still believe there was no intent to cause her harm.
That would pertain more to any charges filed against her in this matter, and there don't seem to have been any. If she had been charged with even something as small as trespass, intent would be a factor. Even more so if she had been found to have been an actual threat to Mr. Paul or anyone else there.

In these little assault cases, intent isn't relevant. They're usually pretty cut and dried.

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
A third party has a right to step in an protect someone else so I guess we will see how the judge or jury see's this
There were third parties restraining her, 3 men were holding her down when Profitt stomped her.

Quote:

That is not for you to decide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies