Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,924,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm not at all confused. The 1st amendment protects ones right to speech, no one stopped the woman from speech, or carrying her sign. It does not say you get to carry your sign where you want, when you want, regardless of other individuals rights.
Actually, I think the whole point of this thread is the fact that someone did stop her from speaking and carrying her sign. By knocking her down and stomping on her head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 03:35 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,208,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Actually, I think the whole point of this thread is the fact that someone did stop her from speaking and carrying her sign. By knocking her down and stomping on her head.
And he was poised to stomp her again but the other goons stopped him....what a COWARD.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:36 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,796,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
There were third parties restraining her, 3 men were holding her down when Profitt stomped her.
Yes, and that's exactly why he deserves to be prosecuted here.

I know some of you think that because of her background (whatever that may be; I still have yet to see any proof of the felony convictions that have been mentioned but I'm willing to concede that she was perhaps a bit fanatical in her political actions) she somehow deserved this but...

remember that when we protect the rights of those whom we most idealogically oppose, we're at the same time protecting our own rights.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:37 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,145,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I think the video makes it obvious that the man is guilty.
There are a lot of factors in that case that aren't as obvious as what you think.

Need I bring up the Rodney King case?

BTW, there are photos of Valle hanging off a ship with a can of spray paint in her hand. Much more cut and dry, yet you guys are still chanting "innocent until proven guilty!"

Like I said, the hypocrisy in this thread is unprecedented on this site, and that's really saying something.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:37 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,326,022 times
Quote:

Again you have no clue as to how the rights of others are in this case comes into play.

She was allowed to stand there and yell all she wants but when she RUSHED the vehicle and tried to place harm onto the candidate with her sign people have the right to protect another person by law and they did.

They even yelled for the police knowing she was wrongfully doing something.

Her rights were gone once her intent was found to harm the candidate.

The video proves she rushed the vehicle or did you skip by that part.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

BTW, there are photos of Valle hanging off a ship with a can of spray paint in her hand. Much more cut and dry, yet you guys are still chanting "innocent until proven guilty!"

So these photos of the young lady hanging off a ship are reason enough to give a bully like Profitt carte blanche to physically attack her while she was already restrained by three other men?

Ms. Valle isn't the one on trial here, by the way.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:39 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Yes, and that's exactly why he deserves to be prosecuted here.

I know some of you think that because of her background (whatever that may be; I still have yet to see any proof of the felony convictions that have been mentioned but I'm willing to concede that she was perhaps a bit fanatical in her political actions) she somehow deserved this but...

remember that when we protect the rights of those whom we most idealogically oppose, we're at the same time protecting our own rights.

I do not think anyone said she was "convicted" of a felony.

It has been mentioned that she does have a record and was charged with domestic terrorism.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Again you have no clue as to how the rights of others are in this case comes into play.

She was allowed to stand there and yell all she wants but when she RUSHED the vehicle and tried to place harm onto the candidate with her sign people have the right to protect another person by law and they did.

They even yelled for the police knowing she was wrongfully doing something.

Her rights were gone once her intent was found to harm the candidate.

The video proves she rushed the vehicle or did you skip by that part.
Well, the problem is is that she was already restrained at the time of the assault.

And no, her rights weren't gone; she still has them under the law.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:44 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,145,061 times
Quote:
It's a little thing called video, maybe you have heard of it. When I see video of a guy stomping on someone's head while they are being held down, the presumption of innocence has been rendered moot.
Really? I sincerely hope you never make it onto a jury.

Quote:
Perhaps you could explain to me what her background has to do with the crime the guy committed? Are you trying to say that anyone that has ever been charged with a crime is fair game for beatings and assaults?

I have never seen so many people so willing to twist logic to avoid admitting that this particular teabagger is a criminal scumbag.
What the hell are you talking about? I never touched on that stuff. All I've done in my two posts (this is my third) in this thread is point out the hypocrisy that is being demonstrated. Nothing more, nothing less. You should pay better attention to who you're responding to, and in particular, what they've said.

I give up. You guys are frothing WAY too hard to have any kind of rational discussion right now.

Carry on...

Old 12-09-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

It has been mentioned that she does have a record and was charged with domestic terrorism.
Then that is probably good enough cause for the three men to restrain her after she rushed the vehicle...actually, rushing the vehicle is good enough cause in its own right.

But it probably doesn't legally justify the attack on her by Profitt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies