Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 04:42 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,587,033 times

Advertisements

According to some of the more extreme leftists on this site:

1) Republicans willing to hold up unemployment benefits and tax cuts for the middle class because they want tax cuts for *everyone*, including the middle class but also the successful = the Republicans are evil, don't care about America, are beholden to billionaires, are ruining the country, are practicing class warfare and looking to screw over the middle and lower classes for the rich all because they won't pass a tax cut bill that excludes a certain class. It's all the Republican party's fault that unemployed people will now have to forgo Christmas because the Republicans won't grant them extensions. Democrats should be applauded for fighting for the middle class.

2) Democrats willing to hold up unemployment benefits and tax cuts for the middle class because they *don't* want tax cuts for everyone, and want to siphon off even more money from the top 5% of this country, which accounts for 65% of all tax income as it is = the Republicans are evil, don't care about America, are beholden to billionaires, are ruining the country, are practicing class warfare and looking to screw over the middle and lower classes for the rich all because the Democrats won't pass a tax cut bill that *doesn't* exclude certain classes. It's all the Republican party's fault that unemployed people will now have to forgo Christmas because the Democrats won't grant them extensions. Democrats should be applauded for....holding up tax cuts and unemployment extensions because they want to gouge the successful a little more.

Got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 04:50 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
yes. you have this right.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:53 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
That is exactly what Nancie Pelosi and her Progressive left is doing.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:55 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
1) Republicans willing to hold up unemployment benefits and tax cuts for the middle class because they want tax cuts for *everyone*,
No, you don't have it right. There are no tax "cuts" for everyone, this would be an extension of the current, decade long tax RATES. If they fail to extend them, that would be a tax HIKE.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:57 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
No, you don't have it right. There are no tax "cuts" for everyone, this would be an extension of the current, decade long tax RATES. If they fail to extend them, that would be a tax HIKE.
good point!

Old 12-09-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
You're trying to argue a semantic. I'm reasonably certain everybody here with an IQ higher than that of a pair of shoelaces knew what I was talking about.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:02 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
You're trying to argue a semantic. I'm reasonably certain everybody here with an IQ higher than that of a pair of shoelaces knew what I was talking about.
Don't blame me because your premise is defective. Get that right first.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:06 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
According to some of the more extreme leftists on this site:

1) Republicans willing to hold up unemployment benefits and tax cuts for the middle class because they want tax cuts for *everyone*, including the middle class but also the successful = the Republicans are evil, don't care about America, are beholden to billionaires, are ruining the country, are practicing class warfare and looking to screw over the middle and lower classes for the rich all because they won't pass a tax cut bill that excludes a certain class. It's all the Republican party's fault that unemployed people will now have to forgo Christmas because the Republicans won't grant them extensions. Democrats should be applauded for fighting for the middle class.

2) Democrats willing to hold up unemployment benefits and tax cuts for the middle class because they *don't* want tax cuts for everyone, and want to siphon off even more money from the top 5% of this country, which accounts for 65% of all tax income as it is = the Republicans are evil, don't care about America, are beholden to billionaires, are ruining the country, are practicing class warfare and looking to screw over the middle and lower classes for the rich all because the Democrats won't pass a tax cut bill that *doesn't* exclude certain classes. It's all the Republican party's fault that unemployed people will now have to forgo Christmas because the Democrats won't grant them extensions. Democrats should be applauded for....holding up tax cuts and unemployment extensions because they want to gouge the successful a little more.

Got it.
The basic question is, how much should the Gov't tax the citizens. I actually think it should be an all or nothing deal. I am in favor of the (Bush) tax cuts because I think that hard working Americans should be able to keep most of their money. Perhaps the bgger reason why I am anti-tax is that Gov't ALWAYS WASTES the tax revenue
IF... (and that is a BIG IF) the gov't were able to spend even 75% of tax revenue wisely then I might be persuaded that higher taxes are ok. BUT, lets get real, -- That is never going to happen. so, I choose to say NO to any tax increase anytime

Old 12-09-2010, 05:09 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:

But liberals have their base fooled by calling it something different.

To sum it up, the dem party wants to RAISED everyones taxes to pay for the massive wasteful spending and debt they piled on us over the last 3 years.

They know they have to reduce the debt they caused and the only way to do it is to raise taxes on those who actually pay them.

Not many liberals understand and just follow what their bosses tell them.

Rep want tax cuts to be extended for everyone so you can keep more of your "earned" money.

Dems want to RAISE or HIKE taxes for everyone to pay for their wasteful spending.

The liberal lie is to fool people into thinking it is only for successful people when that is flat out a lie and has been proven so.

Thanks to the GOP most working Americans wont suffer LOSES in their paychecks next month. If it were up to the dems most Americans paychecks would be much less next month.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
The basic question is, how much should the Gov't tax the citizens. I actually think it should be an all or nothing deal. I am in favor of the (Bush) tax cuts because I think that hard working Americans should be able to keep most of their money. Perhaps the bgger reason why I am anti-tax is that Gov't ALWAYS WASTES the tax revenue
IF... (and that is a BIG IF) the gov't were able to spend even 75% of tax revenue wisely then I might be persuaded that higher taxes are ok. BUT, lets get real, -- That is never going to happen. so, I choose to say NO to any tax increase anytime
I've long held the belief that I don't care if they expire or not. But they need to either be extended or expire as a whole, no excluding sections of the population because they don't have enough numbers amongst them to take over a voting bloc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies