Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 08:50 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
The corporations seem to be doing quite well under Oilbama. Why ruin that perfectly good government-corporation relationship now?
Because when it comes to government-corporate realtionships President Obama is rank amateur compared to just about every Republican politician in Washington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 02:02 AM

504 posts, read 457,087 times
Default Response Lol!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Response
I have no response buddy. I agree whole heartedly. I have nothing to argue. You guys can have it all. Instead of the slow drip and back and forth lets put the pedal to the metal and see where it takes the country.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:13 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
Privatization = cronyism monopoly
monopoly = higher Prices
higher Prices = less money in our pockets
less money in our pockets = less consumer spending
less consumer spending = less jobs being created
less jobs = spiral to third world banana republic
There, fixed it for you.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:21 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
Lol you bring up a good point my friend.

Obama has done everything to continue and expand upon the Bush agenda:

Warrantless wiretaps
Rendition
Tax Cuts
Afghanistan
Crappy neutered stimulous
Not investigated the Bush administration
Intervened in other countries investigations of the Bush Admin for war crimes.

Obama has done everything Big Business and the wealthy want him to do.

Crappy corporate healthcare reform
Bailed out Wall St saif F-U to Main St
Cut capital gains
Exposed social security to extinction
Lowered the estate tax
Continued wars for the sake of natural resources
Let BP off with a slap on the wrist.

Now with all that said. Big business has rewarded him with FOX NEWS , the tea-party and big business whining that he is stfling their growth. Seems to me the Dow went from 8k back up to 11 or 12k under Obama though the middle class is seeing none of that money. He has done everything THEY want and they still hate him lol. I wonder why ha ha its hilarious, but Big business and corporate media could reward him yet with say a Presidential challenge from Sarah Palin.

Facism isnt just a word most Tea-Partiers cant spell or don't understand lol its now our system of government.
So well said

Here Here To the Chief

Old 12-17-2010, 02:53 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Because when it comes to government-corporate realtionships President Obama is rank amateur compared to just about every Republican politician in Washington.
I remember all the talk when JFK was assassinated. They believed financiers did him in. No one in office is allowed to say no to a bank. Took America a long time to catch it's breath but people still see so much illness danced around for generations. Then republicans dispensed with every last pretense of who they worked for and why.

So maybe it's time citizens just be straightforward. Walk into Chase bank with a pocket full of monopoly money with your hands held high like you're being robbed. Then deliver that money to the teller and run for your life. Repeat the same at citibank, BofA, on down the line.

I'm not talking poor people out of trouble anymore. I'm perfectly content to step out of the way and let them eat the rich.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:15 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,793,395 times
Quote:
When The repubs win the White house in 2012 its time to get it over with and abolish everything.
No EPA
No USDA
No transportation department
No department of education
No social security
No labor laws
No Medicare
No public libraries or museums
No nothing

Privatise the
Roads
Police Fire department
All public utilities
The military
Intelligence gathering
Everything

Lets take this experiment all the way right. Lets see where it takes us. I got my land, Ammo food and set up in case it doesnt work out too well. Im ready.

Im just tired!!! YOU PEOPLE wont learn until youve hit rock bottom like a battered wife that has to damn near be killed before deciding to learn her lesson.

Lets get it on

Wonder how long before you figure out how the corporations are waiting for this.
I argee with your strategy. You can't win an argument by resisting what your opponent wants. They will keep saying "But we haven't even tried our way"!

The only way for people to see anything won't work is to let they have what they want.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:53 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,899,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Oh, so the Republicans are very corrupt, but Obama is just corrupt. So that's all good right

Old 12-17-2010, 05:59 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Oh, so the Republicans are very corrupt, but Obama is just corrupt. So that's all good right
The American system serves well as the epitome of corruption.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:01 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
to paraphrase:

"What'ch ya gonna do when they come for you. Debtor man, debtor man?"

Old 12-17-2010, 10:07 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
When The repubs win the White house in 2012 its time to get it over with and abolish everything.
No EPA
No USDA
No transportation department
No department of education
No social security
No labor laws
No Medicare
No public libraries or museums
No nothing

Privatise the
Roads
Police Fire department
All public utilities
The military
Intelligence gathering
Everything

Agree with most of this, except at this point you got to keep SS and Medicare but you can allow opt out and major reform,Start phasing it out. You cant privatize the military or intelligence gathering. Everything else...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies