Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2011, 11:16 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Is it AADD?

Heterosexual service members being forced to dress and shower with openly gay persons is the issue. The inconsistency of liberal PC witch hunts for sexual harassers and forcing straits to shower with gays is the issue.
Define being forced. At gunpoint?

Last edited by 70Ford; 02-25-2011 at 11:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 11:39 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Define being forced. At gunpoint?
Not at gun point but forced nonetheless.

Why not just have co-ed?

Old 02-25-2011, 11:46 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Why not just have co-ed restrooms, showers, locker rooms, etc.?

People are right, having a gay surrounded by hot muscular naked men doesn’t mean he will jump them, right? They can control themselves specially if they are surrounded by people. Well, a guy could control himself too if he was surrounded by women. Being surrounded by women doesn’t mean he will act like a maniac and attack all women around him. Co-ed is the way to go if gays will be accepted in the military.
Because we don't segregate the sexes based on sexual preference, we segregate the sexes based on biology.

Otherwise, gay men would use bathrooms with straight women, lesbians would use bathrooms with straight men, and bisexuals would get to choose based on their whim of the day.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Because we don't segregate the sexes based on sexual preference, we segregate the sexes based on biology.

Otherwise, gay men would use bathrooms with straight women, lesbians would use bathrooms with straight men, and bisexuals would get to choose based on their whim of the day.
Based on biology but not on a so called preference/orientation, eh? If a gay will be allowed to be in my barracks, restroom, locker room, dorm, etc. then I will ask to be accepted to be around women. Hey! It doesn’t mean the gay guy will jump me, doesn’t mean a woman will jump me, doesn’t mean I will jump a woman.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:12 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
Quote:
Based on biology but not on a so called preference/orientation, eh? If a gay will be allowed to be in my barracks, restroom, locker room, dorm, etc. then I will ask to be accepted to be around women. Hey! It doesn’t mean the gay guy will jump me, doesn’t mean a woman will jump me, doesn’t mean I will jump a woman.
Once an old friend of mine who was a roomate in the house I and a couple others were renting told us her deep down secret, that she was gay. She was eventually going to move out since she had met someone. She was worried I'd feel threatened and assured me that just because she was attracted to women, she wouldn't bother me. That gays don't WANT to persue straght men/women but someone who is actually interested. I didn't feel any threat and as far as I was concenred nothing changed but she felt she needed to explain since so many people think its a "danger".

People should also be responsible for their own actions. If someone is of interest, be you gay or straight or bi and this person is NOT interested for whatevery reason (for two gays are not automatically interested anymore than a man and woman) hands off and give them respect. Period.

My social circle had people of every inclination and because it was no more important than your religion (which also wasn't) it was never an issue. We make our own paranoias.

Now, smoking in the clubhouse, now THAT was a debate. And for a real argument, bring up some fannish feud if you wanted to get a serious fight.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:54 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
That was funny. You repeat the prior post's assertion and then spend the rest of your post proving you didn't understand it.

That was great!

Old 02-25-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Once an old friend of mine who was a roomate in the house I and a couple others were renting told us her deep down secret, that she was gay. She was eventually going to move out since she had met someone. She was worried I'd feel threatened and assured me that just because she was attracted to women, she wouldn't bother me. That gays don't WANT to persue straght men/women but someone who is actually interested. I didn't feel any threat and as far as I was concenred nothing changed but she felt she needed to explain since so many people think its a "danger".
I don’t see it as a danger. I have even shared a bed with a woman and we both keep our hands to ourselves. So if gays will be permitted to be around me while I shower, use the restroom, change my clothes, etc. Then why not just make it coed and carry on? You’ll have guys who like guys in the room, girls who like girls, guys and girls who like each other, etc. All together in restrooms, bathrooms, shower rooms, locker rooms, barracks, etc. Doesn’t mean it will become a big crazy orgy. Either that or I’ll ask for the gay to be removed from those places when I use them just like a woman would ask for me to be out of the showers when she uses them. I wouldn’t think that woman is men-phobic, hateful, close-minded, a bigot, and any other insult gays/lesbians say to those who dare not to support them.

HistorianDude,
Looks like you agree with me, right?

Old 02-25-2011, 04:54 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
No, what I wrote...

"Gays who are as sexually excited by their own sex as heterosexuals are by the opposite sex will now be free to reveal their sexuality then dress and shower with heterosexuals who, while objecting to essentially being forced to perform a nude revue for gay service members, will still be required to get naked with them, but this shall in way be considered sexual harrassment."

...is not happening today under DADT.
Yeah, every time I see a woman, even a naked woman who isn't my wife I get so sexually exited that I can't control myself.

Oh, for gawd's funking sake you sound like some burqa demanding Mullah!

Old 02-25-2011, 04:58 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
HistorianDude,
Looks like you agree with me, right?
Nope.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Yeah, every time I see a woman, even a naked woman who isn't my wife I get so sexually exited that I can't control myself.

Oh, for gawd's funking sake you sound like some burqa demanding Mullah!
Then I guess men and women can shower together in the military. It's not like it will become a big crazy orgy, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies