Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 11:40 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
That hits the nail on the head. Palin is delusional in her sense of self. I have personally witnessed this aspect of her. There is also a school of thought that the republicans really don't want to win in 2012. They are doing just fine, politically, sitting on the sidelines watching the Obama Administration go down in flames trying to save the republic while they throw gas on the fire. Politically and strategicly, it's the best position to be in under the circumstances. They will continue to use the Murdoch propaganda machine and firebrands such as Beck and Palin to keep their base motivated but in the long run, they really don't want the job for this election cycle. Four more years of Obama and the constant obfusication of the right from the sidelines should insure that by 2016 we'll have a shoe-in for a social morals, nationalistic, anti-entitlement theocracy, based on world-wide military preemption. The Koch Bros., Dick Armey and the religious right can just walk in and pick up the peices.
You raise a very valid point. The Republicans cannot govern nor do they care to. This has been proven over and over again. It is all about enriching their corporate and Wall Street cronies and the average American can go straight to hell. They do not give a rat's a$$ about the safety of the food we eat or the air we breath. They do not care about treatys or legislation (START) that aim to keep us safer in this crazy and dangerous world. The affairs of the people that deserve recognition such as the 911 First Responders have no impact on them whatsoever. They openly support offendes such as BP and lie about thier stances on policies for political points. I can go on and on, but we all are aware of the greed, hypocrisy, corruption and distortion of the facts. It is astonishing that people still buy their brand of snake oil and that a woman such as Palin is able to still sell it to a portion of the population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2010, 11:47 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You raise a very valid point. The Republicans cannot govern nor do they care to. This has been proven over and over again. It is all about enriching their corporate and Wall Street cronies and the average American can go straight to hell. They do not give a rat's a$$ about the safety of the food we eat or the air we breath. They do not care about treatys or legislation (START) that aim to keep us safer in this crazy and dangerous world. The affairs of the people that deserve recognition such as the 911 First Responders have no impact on them whatsoever. They openly support offendes such as BP and lie about thier stances on policies for political points. I can go on and on, but we all are aware of the greed, hypocrisy, corruption and distortion of the facts. It is astonishing that people still buy their brand of snake oil and that a woman such as Palin is able to still sell it to a portion of the population.
With the position of Chief Executive comes responsibility. The last thing they want is to be responsible and held accountable for their actions. Politically, It's much easier to sit on the edge of power and rail against it to achieve their agenda.

Last edited by mohawkx; 12-18-2010 at 12:00 PM..

Old 12-18-2010, 07:10 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
How would we not know the understand the mind of a person with narcissistic personality disorder? We have had two years to understand with hussein obama as con man in chief.

Did you not seein her statement IF she decides to run? Palin is a menance to the libbies because she can bring people out to vote and she dosen't need to run for anything to do it. Scary huh?
Scary, no! Amusing, yes. I do hope that she runs.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:01 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
How would we not know the understand the mind of a person with narcissistic personality disorder? We have had two years to understand with hussein obama as con man in chief.

Did you not seein her statement IF she decides to run? Palin is a menance to the libbies because she can bring people out to vote and she dosen't need to run for anything to do it. Scary huh?
Well, Isn't she the coy little kitten now.

Old 12-18-2010, 09:30 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
But hey, don't listen to me, just keep on doing what you've been doing and you're going to lose again.
LOLs. Did you forget about the ass whipping the Republicans just gave the Dems.

Seems to me the repubs should keep doing what they are doing.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:09 PM

711 posts, read 933,104 times
IMO it is not flattering to our society in general that she is enjoying popularity--let alone seeking public office.
She is not an asset to her party.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:08 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
You have no knowledge of your President that has not been installed.

You are correct! The knowledge I have of the President has been installed by him and it is all bad!

Old 12-20-2010, 04:48 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Here's an interesting point that I heard today and it is most likely hits the nail on the head...

Palin is a sockpuppet for the Neocons that rammed her down McCain's throat. They are aware that she can never win a general election, but she gets the propaganda filled message that they want out because there are some that actually listen to this whiny narcissist. The really bizarre thing is that she is delusional enough to think that there is a remote possibility that she would win. On the other hand, she has proven to be very thin skinned for a mama grizzly pitbull with lipstick and if she does have any doubts, she would not be able to handle the rejection of a loss. Either way, we can safely assume that Ms. Palin will never be seated in The Oval Office.
gee we agree on something. I too, do not think she will be in the W>H> but I don't think she will get the nod. I think much of what you are saying could be true.

As my husband, who is a strong supporter on Palins (her views anyway) says, she is getting over exporsure right now and this will kill her if nothing else does.

Nita

Old 12-20-2010, 03:50 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
She involves her PERSONAL LIFE in her politics. There's no way to separate the "person" from her politics........that's the way she has chosen to present herself in the political world.
Yes, hide behind your children as human shields and cry foul when people point at their kids taking advantage of notoriety. Just like Bush hiding behind the troops and our very flag. Republican cowardice. These aren't Republicans I knew.

Old 12-20-2010, 03:58 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
You are correct! The knowledge I have of the President has been installed by him and it is all bad!
It's impossible for any given human being to be wrong 100% of the time. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Nope, your kind was declaring impeachment before he ever sat in the chair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies