Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 02:10 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,747,059 times

Advertisements

Look out, do not cross Kos. Apostasy will not be accepted. Only orthodoxy will be rewarded. Moderate Senators will be crushed by Kos. I love the civil war!

[LEFT]"Not only will I do absolutely nothing to help his reelection bid, but I will take every opportunity I get to remind people that he is so morally bankrupt that he'll try to score political points off the backs of innocent kids who want to go to college or serve their country in the military.
To me, he is the Blanche Lincoln of 2012 -- the Democrat I will most be happy to see go down in defeat. And he will. Nothing guarantees a Republican victory more than trying to pretend to be one of them."

Read more at the Washington Examiner: DREAM Act causes ugly breakup on left | Washington Examiner (http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2010/12/dream-act-causes-ugly-breakup-left#ixzz18V3ICvTi - broken link)

Errr, we all know what happened to Lincoln. Thanks Kos!![/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2010, 02:20 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,767,375 times
There are variables. It depends on who Tester is up against, the shape of the economy, and who the Republican presidential candidate is.

I think Republicans will probably take the Senate in 2012, but Democrats will make gains in the House, only not enough to take a majority. I think Obama will get a second term.

Which I tend to like better anyway. I wasn't a fan when Republicans had total control of Congress and I wasn't a fan when Democrats had total control either. I like the legislature Republican and White House Democratic just like back in the 90's.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:32 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,973,712 times
Count me in as a liberal who wants corporate lackeys kicked out of the Democratic Party even if it means losing the Senate.

They belong in the GOP where they will find others who will vote against the middle class and poor.

People need to see the clear differences between the two parties.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:35 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,445,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
There are variables. It depends on who Tester is up against, the shape of the economy, and who the Republican presidential candidate is.

I think Republicans will probably take the Senate in 2012, but Democrats will make gains in the House, only not enough to take a majority. I think Obama will get a second term.

Which I tend to like better anyway. I wasn't a fan when Republicans had total control of Congress and I wasn't a fan when Democrats had total control either. I like the legislature Republican and White House Democratic just like back in the 90's.
The Democrats have a LOT of vulnerable Senate seats to defend in 2012, so there is very little hope that they could retain control of it.

And with redistricting likely to favor the Republicans heavily, I see Democratic gains in the House to be very limited.

Though I agree that Obama will likely win re-election, I don't see the Democrats taking back Congress for a very long time.

Old 12-18-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
The Democrats have a LOT of vulnerable Senate seats to defend in 2012, so there is very little hope that they could retain control of it.

And with redistricting likely to favor the Republicans heavily, I see Democratic gains in the House to be very limited.

Though I agree that Obama will likely win re-election, I don't see the Democrats taking back Congress for a very long time.
You bring up a good point about redistricting, that will help Republicans for the next decade. I just think that 2010 was the peak for conservative tea party turnout mixed with people's anger about a bad economy.

By the time 2012 rolls around, the economy will be better and groups that traditionally vote Democratic will show up in greater numbers. Add to the fact that now the GOP will need to defend way more seats means that Democrats can play offense.

Old 12-18-2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Count me in as a liberal who wants corporate lackeys kicked out of the Democratic Party even if it means losing the Senate.

They belong in the GOP where they will find others who will vote against the middle class and poor.

People need to see the clear differences between the two parties.
Your attitude is why I've basically left the Democratic Party. Hating the rich and corporate America and trying to punish them will not help grow the economy. If more Democrats would support pro-growth policies, that would directly benefit the poor and middle class.

Old 12-18-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Your attitude is why I've basically left the Democratic Party. Hating the rich and corporate America and trying to punish them will not help grow the economy. If more Democrats would support pro-growth policies, that would directly benefit the poor and middle class.
You have no clue.

The gap between rich and poor is the greatest in our Nation's history. We are in the midst of a depression caused because of lax regulation of housing loans. And you want government diminished so that citizens become even more powerless. In what world do you live in where the USA punishes corporations????? Corporations run the country!

Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Old 12-18-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
You have no clue.

The gap between rich and poor is the greatest in our Nation's history. We are in the midst of a depression caused because of lax regulation of housing loans. And you want government diminished so that citizens become even more powerless.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass.
Is that why Japan is lowering their corporate tax rate? The US will now have the highest corporate tax rate in the developed world. Even Europe is moving toward pro-growth policies.

Old 12-18-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Is that why Japan is lowering their corporate tax rate? The US will now have the highest corporate tax rate in the developed world. Even Europe is moving toward pro-growth policies.
Because corporate rates rise and corporate rates fall.

Not in your wildest wing nut dreams will they ever tax less than the USA.

There is no link between taxation and standard of living.

Although, it IS TRUE countries with the highest standard of living have the highest tax rates.

Old 12-18-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Because corporate rates rise and corporate rates fall.

Not in your wildest wing nut dreams will they ever tax less than the USA.

There is no link between taxation and standard of living.

Although, it IS TRUE countries with the highest standard of living have the highest tax rates.
Then campaign on that. Tell the American people that you are going to raise taxes because it works in other countries. Just tell them we are going to tax the rich and then give it to the poor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies