Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2010, 07:40 PM

948 posts, read 1,387,161 times

Advertisements

1. What happens to housing, on base and in theater?
Military life and housing is not a condo or frat house. You don't pic your roomy. In combat I don't care whose watching my ass as long as someone is. I would venture to say that Mr. McCullough has never lived in a situation where your more scared then you are worried about getting a piece.

2. Do you expect the military system or the civilian courts to deal with the influx of phony sexual harassment cases to follow
I don't think it will happen. I have not heard of a case under DADT where someone claimed one solder was harassing another. Since under DADT the accusation would prompt harder discipline then without DADT (being discharge), I would say that it will not increase with out DADT.

3. Will base commanders be required to host "pride" events that allow for similar conduct to the x-rated displays that go on in the nation's cities each year?
The US military base is not a city it is an encampment. You don't have rights on a base such as free speech that you do on a city street. The concept again shows Mr. McCullough's lack of military experience.

4. Will all other sexual conduct be made legal as well?
The statement that follows the question is bigoted and disgusting. I will not answer that question because it dose not deserve an answer

Mr. McCullough's statement
"How can you possibly be allowing for the flamboyancy of effeminate male soldiers to engage in sexual conduct and their notorious ever wandering lust for the new on one hand, and hold court martial for those who have discreetly hidden their sexual escapades while destroying their families"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 07:51 PM

1,568 posts, read 3,229,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Exactly...

1947 - "blacks will ruin the military!"

1985 - "women will ruin the military!"

2010 - "gays will ruin the military!"

So predictable. So stale. So flat-out wrong.
Brilliant Post. Thanks!

Old 12-19-2010, 07:54 PM

38,006 posts, read 22,193,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
as someone that's served in the military I feel OPENLY gay men should be held to the same rules and procedures as women regarding matters such as serving in combat units, or on subs.

I support most all things regarding gay rights but on this one in the end it's for there own safety.
My two cents
My thoughts are, what about the transvestites? Are we to exclude them, and deny them their right to do what feels natural to them?

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 12-19-2010 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: Deleted inappropriate comments.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
Nonsense. Many militaries around the world, including Israel and our friends in NATO have allowed gays and lesbians to serve openly, without the problems you are predicting. If they can function well with gays openly serving why can't we? Your prediction is based on the faulty premise that gays are attracted to every person of the same sex they see. Are you attracted to every person of the opposite sex that you see or interact with?
Israel used to be an all but untouchable military force, now they can't even take on a fourth rate militia. The IDF got their asses kicked in 2006 by a fourth rate, rag-tag terrorist group, and they now the once imposing IDF claims it can't defend itself any more.

JERUSALEM (Reuters) – Israel cannot defeat Hezbollah in a direct engagement and the Lebanese guerrilla group would inflict heavy damage on the Israeli home front if war broke out, a former Israeli national security adviser said Thursday.

Though outnumbered and outgunned, Hezbollah held off Israel's advanced armed forces in a 2006 war and fired more than 4,000 rockets into Israeli territory. The group has a domestic political base and has since bolstered an arsenal that Israel describes as a strategic threat.

Israel can't defeat Hezbollah: Israeli expert - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20101216/wl_nm/us_israel_lebanon - broken link)

When the military is no longer allowed to train, fight and win wars, unless it caters to the politically correct whims of civilian ideals of fairness and sensitivity, then we too may be unable to take on Hezbollah in a head to head engagement, much less China.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:04 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,412,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You said, that you showered together and then said that it was just one guy and one gal. Did she look really bad or what? Oh, maybe she was lesbian so you left her alone.

Yes, I understand what you said and I must say that I am sure that the gays were deeper in the closet when I served so we didn't know about them.
No, I said guys and one gal.

No, I didn't shower with the lesbian, she wasn't my type anyway. Two of the guys I had to shower with sometimes, no problems.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
My thoughts are, what about the transvestites? Are we to exclude them, and deny them their right to do what feels natural to them?
Just FYI BDU uniforms. Can you tell me who the transvestite is?

Old 12-19-2010, 08:15 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,717,269 times
Amazing how some can compplain about those who are out facing the enemy while they sit on their butts.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Exactly...

1947 - "blacks will ruin the military!"
Racial bigotry is not tolerated in the military, and I saw so very little of it while i served that it was never an issue.

Quote:
1985 - "women will ruin the military!"
Women have and always will present problems in the military. Women cause logistical problems, they need their own sleeping and shower areas. they also cause discipline problems and fraternization problems. They have also lowered the bar in areas when they are unable to function at the same level of any male could, when it comes to physical strength and endurance. there are a few exceptions to this, but only a few.

We have only just now attempted to convert submarines to accommodate women sailors, at great, and in IMO unnecessary, expense.

Quote:
2010 - "gays will ruin the military!"

So predictable. So stale. So flat-out wrong.
LGBTI serving openly will only compound the fraternization, discipline and logistical problems.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:19 PM

1,568 posts, read 3,229,700 times
Boompa-

Amazing isn't it?

Old 12-19-2010, 08:24 PM

Wapasha: Just curious. where and when did you serve?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies