Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 11:42 AM

1,568 posts, read 3,232,457 times

Advertisements

I counted only four ?'s:

1. What happens to housing, on base and in theater? ANSWER: Nothing
2. Do you expect the military system or the civilian courts to deal with the influx of phony sexual harassment cases to follow? ANSWER: Yes, just like the enormous hetero complaints!
3. Will base commanders be required to host "pride" events that allow for similar conduct to the x-rated displays that go on in the nation's cities each year? ANSWER: No...and yes, the base theaters showed "Broke Back Mountain".
4. Will all other sexual conduct be made legal as well? What other sexual conduct are you talking about? There is straight sex...and gay sex...is there another kind?

I served in every conflict since Panama, three tours in Iraq and everything in between. 26 years of service and still employed by DOD. This is a non-issue for the overwhelming majority of troops.
It's over. Nothing to see here...move along. We've got bigger issues to deal with in our Military...like losing in Afghanistan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 11:43 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,126,017 times
Oh good Lord - this article is just one giant smear piece aimed at framing gays as immoral, deviant criminals hell-bent on corrupting decent, normal straight folks and just causing general mayhem. And I only see 4 questions. Is there a 5th somewhere I'm missing?

Old 12-19-2010, 11:44 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,215,775 times
Seems like some people think that the gays in the military are going to be sporting "I'm gay"
T-shirts.

I don't believe anything will change from what it is now, a soldier doesn't need to be straight
to shoot straight....

Old 12-19-2010, 11:44 AM

^ Agreed.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:45 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,879,924 times
This is more of the same old lame arguements that kepot this from happening.

Here is a clue... if you have a penis that does not mean a gay man wants you.
most people I know want a mutual attraction... works better that way.

gay men can control sexual desire

While I say men the same is true of lesbians.

At last an archaic lpolicy has been eliminated. it won't cause the failure of the military...

It also won't make the institution of marriage collapse.

Nothing will be noticed and simply a group of patriotic citizens will rightfully be allowed to take their place in support of their country.. There won't be a swing to be a gay army, camo won't have shades of pink. While the military could stand for some better taste I doubt the gays will be able to influence that.

For the people that fear gays, you have worked with them, been related to them and interact with them daily. It is your recognized hostility that prevents you from knowing who we are.

Like you Roy, our Gay soldiers will defend and fight for your rights, even when they may not agree with you politically or socially.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:46 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,215,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Oh good Lord - this article is just one giant smear piece aimed at framing gays as immoral, deviant criminals hell-bent on corrupting decent, normal straight folks and just causing general mayhem. And I only see 4 questions. Is there a 5th somewhere I'm missing?
Given the source that doesn't surprise me one iota...

Old 12-19-2010, 11:47 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,355,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDASpaceman View Post
I counted only four ?'s:

1. What happens to housing, on base and in theater? ANSWER: Nothing
2. Do you expect the military system or the civilian courts to deal with the influx of phony sexual harassment cases to follow? ANSWER: Yes, just like the enormous hetero complaints!
3. Will base commanders be required to host "pride" events that allow for similar conduct to the x-rated displays that go on in the nation's cities each year? ANSWER: No...and yes, the base theaters showed "Broke Back Mountain".
4. Will all other sexual conduct be made legal as well? What other sexual conduct are you talking about? There is straight sex...and gay sex...is there another kind?

I served in every conflict since Panama, three tours in Iraq and everything in between. 26 years of service and still employed by DOD. This is a non-issue for the overwhelming majority of troops.
It's over. Nothing to see here...move along. We've got bigger issues to deal with in our Military...like losing in Afghanistan.
I feel some, only view gays in the military, as those who wear pink tu-tu's in a gay-pride parade, rather then those on the front line of one of today's NFL teams. Guess what - they are in both.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:48 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,593,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Thanks for the help. I forgot to include the article with the questions in it, but then most of YOU wouldn't have read it anyway.
Uh...

When you say 'YOU' to me, that would be singular. Most of ME did read it.

And it was a real short article. And written at a very elementary level. Maybe it was tough for YOU.

Quote:
The 5 questions can be found in the opening post now or you can go to:

Obama's New 'Gay' Force - Kevin McCullough - Townhall Conservative

Uh.. there are only four questions in that article. Count 'em yourself.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:48 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,126,017 times
Question 1

Here's the question the article poses and some of the author's comments:

Quote:
1. What happens to housing, on base and in theater?

...why is it any different if you have identified the predatory homosexual male who might have an unrequited "thing" for a fellow service member? ...how do you get past the fundamental sexual tension that will be present the minute some make it known?
My answer: Sleep where the military tells you to sleep. These men and women are professionals. There is no reason a straight man can't sleep 3 feet away from a gay man. If anyone is "predatory" or can't control his or her "sexual tension", then kick that person out of the military.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
I feel some, only view gays in the military, as those who wear pink tu-tu's in a gay-pride parade, rather then those on the front line of one of today's NFL teams. Guess what - they are in both.
Gays have served proudly for years. Anyone who has worn a uniform knows this to be true.

This is a non-issue, formed by 'haters' and 'homophobes'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies