Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 09:05 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I'm not surprised you post what few examples you could find to excuse Muslims world wide murdering their women for daring to even be seen with a non-muslim man. Many here on these boards (mostly liberals) do this regularly. Sometimes they excuse the behavior as that being from poor remote cultures. Here's a family in the UK and one who was a movie actress. Within the past ten to twenty years, can you show news stories of a Christian who murdered their family member because she was dating or marrying a non-Christian?
I might be able to find stories about white families beating their daughters and threatening them for dating outside their race. Does that mean that all members of the white race are terrible people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 09:08 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times
The UK is quickly turning into a third-world cesspool that threatens the well-being and safety of bordering civilized Western nations.

But don't worry, the UK has banned that dangerous Florida pastor from ever stepping foot on their soil.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:11 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Pretty sad that the useful idiots are defending this type of behavior on a regular basis. How sad that really is. The people who defend this type of stuff are just as guilty of whatever that group does.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Pretty sad that the useful idiots are defending this type of behavior on a regular basis. How sad that really is. The people who defend this type of stuff are just as guilty of whatever that group does.
I think it's sad when some people who are pointing out that bad behavior happens across the board, in all religions, in all political persuasions, in all races and nationalities, and that is characterized by others as defending bad behavior. Obviously, no one is defending bad behavior. Pointing out that it is illogical to say that all oranges are rotten when one orange is discovered to be moldy and inedible is merely an exercise in logic.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:20 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I think it's sad when some people who are pointing out that bad behavior happens across the board, in all religions, in all political persuasions, in all races and nationalities, and that is characterized by others as defending bad behavior. Obviously, no one is defending bad behavior. Pointing out that it is illogical to say that all oranges are rotten when one orange is discovered to be moldy and inedible is merely an exercise in logic.
Do yourself a favor. Take whatever rose colored glasses you have on off of your face. Now list ALL things JUST LIKE THIS that other religions are doing in the PRESENT DAY, not thousands of years ago. I bet the count is a million to ten, Muslims being violent like this as opposed to ANY other religion on the planet.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Do yourself a favor. Take whatever rose colored glasses you have on off of your face. Now list ALL things JUST LIKE THIS that other religions are doing in the PRESENT DAY, not thousands of years ago. I bet the count is a million to ten, Muslims being violent like this as opposed to ANY other religion on the planet.
Re-read what I wrote.

Some people behave violently and irrationally. But they can belong to any religion. They can belong to any ethnic group. They can belong to any socio-economic group. There is a strong statistical relationship between poverty and violence. Is every poor person violent? You don't condemn an entire class of people for the actions of a few. Because that's as irrational as succumbing to violence to solve problems.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:26 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
No one is defending this behavior but I dare you to show me one post, just one where they say this behavior is ok? They are just pointed out to closed minded people that this extremism occurs in all religions.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:31 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
No one is defending this behavior but I dare you to show me one post, just one where they say this behavior is ok? They are just pointed out to closed minded people that this extremism occurs in all religions.

That is the biggest load of mess I have heard in a long time!

They are absolutley defending the behavior by refusing to acknowldge it and/or deflecting (typical lib behavior) by bringing up what other people do. Address the post and admit it is wrong and then you will not be defending bad behavior. That is pretty simple.

And like another person posted, other religions are not doing this in the present time like the muslims are.

The muslim/islamic religion is a threat to our country - and other countries. It is an ignorant, intolerant religion. Poison.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
That is the biggest load of mess I have heard in a long time!

They are absolutley defending the behavior by refusing to acknowldge it and/or deflecting (typical lib behavior) by bringing up what other people do. Address the post and admit it is wrong and then you will not be defending bad behavior. That is pretty simple.

And like another person posted, other religions are not doing this in the present time like the muslims are.

The muslim/islamic religion is a threat to our country - and other countries. It is an ignorant, intolerant religion. Poison.
You're defending bigotry. When you condemn an entire religion for the acts of a few people who practice that religion, that's bigotry. To turn around and attack people who are pointing out the bigotry and saying that bigotry is wrong, that's defensive behavior from a bigot.

The Muslim religion is very similar to Christianity. In fact, much of the Koran is based on the Old Testament because the Prophet Muhammed lived with and studied with Old Testament scholars in his early life. The vast majority of Muslims in this world don't engage in behavior like this man in England. In fact, his attitudes and behavior more directly reflect the ethnic culture he hails from, than the religious culture of Islam.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:50 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You're defending bigotry. When you condemn an entire religion for the acts of a few people who practice that religion, that's bigotry. To turn around and attack people who are pointing out the bigotry and saying that bigotry is wrong, that's defensive behavior from a bigot.

The Muslim religion is very similar to Christianity. In fact, much of the Koran is based on the Old Testament because the Prophet Muhammed lived with and studied with Old Testament scholars in his early life. The vast majority of Muslims in this world don't engage in behavior like this man in England. In fact, his attitudes and behavior more directly reflect the ethnic culture he hails from, than the religious culture of Islam.

We are on two very opposite sides of a field with our beliefs on this one. I am not going to comment beyond that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies