Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 10:20 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,351,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
So why are you all so willing to have the government buy weapons from companies that charge $200 per hour for "administrative overhead"? The real welfare cases in this country are milking our military. Check out the company formerly called Blackwater for example.

If you all envy her for not working why don't you join her by quitting your job and going on welfare? Then you could sit at home all day. Wouldn't that be nice.

1. Please show where anyone posting in this thread said that they are willing to have the government buy weapons from companies that charge $200 per hour for "administrative overhead".

2. Let's assume that you can successfully show the above. Please explain what that has to do with the subject of the OP.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 10:28 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
1. Please show where anyone posting in this thread said that they are willing to have the government buy weapons from companies that charge $200 per hour for "administrative overhead".

2. Let's assume that you can successfully show the above. Please explain what that has to do with the subject of the OP.

Thanks

The futile attempts to defend this lunacy are becoming ever more off-topic and weird.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:29 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
What a lovely "christian" country this is.

From Dr. Britt's 14 Points of Fascism:

10. Power of labor suppressed or eliminated

Since organized labor was seen as the one power center that could challenge the political hegemony of the ruling elite and its corporate allies, it was inevitably crushed or made powerless. The poor formed an underclass, viewed with suspicion or outright contempt. Under some regimes, being poor was considered akin to a vice."""

Old 12-22-2010, 10:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
O'Reilly interviewed a pair of women last week to discuss what they advocate for in regard to welfare. "The good doctor" as he calls her (I forgot her name now, she's a prof at Occidental) wants basically a guaranteed job for everyone and even income for women who are stay at home moms. That's nuts. Being a SAHM is a luxury you can afford when the father makes enough at his job. It is not a right. While I agree that raising children is a "job" in and of itself, it is the responsibility you signed up for when you gave birth.

The amount of aid people want is truly disgusting. People don't like to admit that there is a massive amount of abuse on the welfare system, but more importantly, the system is so flawed that it actually disables the people from getting a real life. They know they can just mooch for years on end, they can stay at home and raise their eight kids and have a long-term live-in boyfriend who they will likely never marry b/c then his income plays a role. You are right, it's sickening. It's even more sickening that some see no problem with any of it (read: the liberals).
I know we saw that interview as well. The professor, yes, is from OXY which is as liberal as a college can be. This is where our Pres got his first year of advanced education I might add. I was raised about 1/2 mile from the college.

When the professor said women should recieve a government salary for staying at home, I was sorry I was not raising kids today. My salary as a stay at home mom, was the satisfaction I got out of being with them from the time they were babies. When we needed extra income, which was often, I baby sat other kids or took very small part time jobs. Damn where was this lady when I was raising kids and foster kids?

Old 12-22-2010, 10:36 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
What a lovely "christian" country this is.

From Dr. Britt's 14 Points of Fascism:

10. Power of labor suppressed or eliminated

Since organized labor was seen as the one power center that could challenge the political hegemony of the ruling elite and its corporate allies, it was inevitably crushed or made powerless. The poor formed an underclass, viewed with suspicion or outright contempt. Under some regimes, being poor was considered akin to a vice."""

Well these are long term welfare folks..longer than 5 years.
They've made no attempt to wean themselves into independence.

How long do you suggest welfare entitlements last ?
Would having 5 kids while you are on welfare give you permanent welfare ?
Would you also demand that the government guarantee them jobs with benefits ?

Where do you draw the line ?

Old 12-22-2010, 10:44 AM

13,406 posts, read 28,741,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

The futile attempts to defend this lunacy are becoming ever more off-topic and weird.
Boy if that statement isn't the truth

Old 12-22-2010, 10:45 AM

13,406 posts, read 28,741,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
So why are you all so willing to have the government buy weapons from companies that charge $200 per hour for "administrative overhead"? The real welfare cases in this country are milking our military. Check out the company formerly called Blackwater for example.

If you all envy her for not working why don't you join her by quitting your job and going on welfare? Then you could sit at home all day. Wouldn't that be nice.
Hmm strange but I haven't read one post that in the least bit expressed envy! Who in their right mind would be envious of that life style?

Old 12-22-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Hmm strange but I haven't read one post that in the least bit expressed envy! Who in their right mind would be envious of that life style?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I know we saw that interview as well. The professor, yes, is from OXY which is as liberal as a college can be. This is where our Pres got his first year of advanced education I might add. I was raised about 1/2 mile from the college.

When the professor said women should recieve a government salary for staying at home, I was sorry I was not raising kids today. My salary as a stay at home mom, was the satisfaction I got out of being with them from the time they were babies. When we needed extra income, which was often, I baby sat other kids or took very small part time jobs. Damn where was this lady when I was raising kids and foster kids?
There ya go!

Old 12-22-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well these are long term welfare folks..longer than 5 years.
They've made no attempt to wean themselves into independence.

How long do you suggest welfare entitlements last ?
Would having 5 kids while you are on welfare give you permanent welfare ?
Would you also demand that the government guarantee them jobs with benefits ?

Where do you draw the line ?
Good questions but they have nothing to do with my post that you quoted.

The FACTS are ..welfare fraud and abuse comprise a drop in the bucket compared to things like the Never-Ending "Three week cakewalk" War that the Bush administration started......that is rife with fraud and abuse ...but SOME find it easier to pick on the poorest Americans.....because it is EASY....EASY to look down their "christian" noses...much easier than straightening their spine and looking up at REAL, and much more costly , abuse....

Old 12-22-2010, 10:55 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,255,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Did anyone else do the math on this....

She's been on and off welfare for 7 years.
She has 5 kids
The oldest is 6.
That means she's had 5 kids while being ON welfare.
How on earth can anyone think to bring 5 kids into this world as a single mother and be on welfare as your source of income ????

And then read about Joy..on and off for 10 years and admits "she's not motivated".

Who is going to slap some sense into these people ?
This is exactly why I think anyone who accepts welfare checks should be forcefully sterilized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies